Forums

Topic: 2019 Switch's Not-So-Top-10

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Magician

As the year comes to a close I thought I'd take a peek at the worst rated games of 2019 on Switch.

Metacritic
Devil May Cry 2 - 53
Stranger Things 3 - 52
V-Rally 4 - 51
Leisure Suit Larry - 50
Modern Combat - 50
The Forbidden Arts - 50
Thief of Thieves - 46
FIFA 20 - 43
Contra: Rogue Corps - 40
Blades of Time - 38

Opencritic
Let's Go Nuts! - 43
AeternoBlade II - 41
FIFA 20 - 40
Fight of Gods - 40
Decay of Logos - 38
Zombieland: Double Tap - Road Trip - 37
Blades of Time - 34
Back in 1995 - 32
Jumanji: The Video Game - 27
Ultra Off-Road 2019: Alaska - 25

What were some of the least enjoyable games you've played this year?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

WaffleKnight

Quest of the Golden Duck swindled me out of 11 cents. A poorly made Pac-Man clone that was completely unenjoyable. I've got to be more careful when pursuing those Switch deals.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Magician

Fort Boyard might be the worst game I played in 2019.

A series of mini-games with noticeable input lag.

I would've been better off playing Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

WaffleKnight

@Magician Wow, just looked the game up and I'm sorry you spent money on that. The product page proclaims "Over 10 minigames!" like it's some sort of badge of honor for a $25 DOLLAR GAME. Yikes.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Krull

The lack of overlap between Metacritic and Opencritic on those bottom 10s is fascinating! Seems like Fifa 20 is the lowest common denominator. Is it really that bad, though? Feels like it was marked down for EA’s laziness rather than actual objective failure.

Kudos to everyone brave enough to buy things sight unseen! I’m too careful, which is a bit boring.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

SwitchForce

Where did those metric come from?

SwitchForce

Dredlor

Only played leisure suit Larry out of both lists... I mean it’s pretty stupid but I had fun with it ha.

Dredlor

Magician

SwitchForce wrote:

Where did those metric come from?

https://www.metacritic.com/
&
https://opencritic.com/

Publishers tend to pay developers bonuses depending on if their game receives a certain critic score. Years ago, Bethesda notoriously balked on paying Obsidian their bonuses because the metacritic score for Fallout: New Vegas was short by one point.

Dredlor

Fortunately I haven’t played any bad game that came out in 2019. If games that came out in previous years but I played in 2019 count .. monster hunter generations was a pretty big let down for me ... I think maybe I just don’t get it ? Or maybe I didn’t put enough time into it before I quit. I went in with super high expectations because everyone seems to praise that series .. It felt bored and repetitive to me . Is it just me ? Worth revisiting and putting more time into it ?

Dredlor

Magician

Dredlor wrote:

Fortunately I haven’t played any bad game that came out in 2019. If games that came out in previous years but I played in 2019 count .. monster hunter generations was a pretty big let down for me ... I think maybe I just don’t get it ? Or maybe I didn’t put enough time into it before I quit. I went in with super high expectations because everyone seems to praise that series .. It felt bored and repetitive to me . Is it just me ? Worth revisiting and putting more time into it ?

Monster Hunter Generations is a brutal game to play solo if it's your introduction to the series. I recommend you check out Dauntless as an alternative in the hunter genre. Dauntless is a more streamlined experience. Then go back to MHG if you want more depth in armor and weapon options in your hunter game.

rockodoodle

WaffleKnight wrote:

Quest of the Golden Duck swindled me out of 11 cents. A poorly made Pac-Man clone that was completely unenjoyable. I've got to be more careful when pursuing those Switch deals.

I think I got it too, but I used nearly depleted gift cards to pay for it.

rockodoodle

Dredlor

@Magician thanks for the reply , will definitely look into dauntless... haven’t heard of that one before.

Dredlor

WoomyNNYes

@Magician Megaton Rainfall control system irked me so much I couldn't stand to see the game tile and deleted it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

• Page 1 of 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.