Topic: 2018 Switch games

Posts 121 to 134 of 134

Aaron00

@link3710 I’ve never played it either but I’d certainly like to

Aaron00

Ralizah

SKTTR wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Can't wait to lose countless hours in the inevitable Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. Perhaps the Inklings and a couple of ARMS characters will be new fighters?

Hope they don't name it that. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was a bad title. Great game, yeah, but what an unimaginative and bad name.

It's an unimaginative name, but, at the same time, it'd be weird for a Switch port to NOT be named that.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

SKTTR

Imagine Super Smash Bros. Melee was called Super Smash Bros. for Gamecube
or Super Smash Bros. Brawl being Super Smash Bros. for Wii. Endless lameness.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64 !!

Come on! They can do better than that. I know they put the bad names to show that the 3DS and Wii U version were kinda the same as they even shared DLC to some extent.

Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS was the latest abomination of a Nintendo game title.

I personally don't like it. Just a matter of taste. I dislike the name Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch as well, so much that I don't want it sitting on my shelf.

I mean, we all know for what system it is, it doesn't need to be in the game's title. I almost feel trolled, or rather, treated like an idiot when I come across a game with a name like this.

Why not Super Smash Bros. Switch? Like Mario Kart Wii.
They didn't name it Mario Kart for Wii and that was ok.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR This is different though, Melee isn't a port of 64 and Brawl isn't a port of Melee. The 3DS and Wii U versions are both Smash 4 so the "for 3DS" and "for Wii U" make sense hence if the Switch version is also Smash 4 then it's logical to have "for Switch".

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

Still think Super Smash Bros. Deluxe is good enough.
People will understand it, as it sounds like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Pokken Tournament DX; a deluxe version of the newest entry/entries.

I see where you coming from, and the logic behind that, but I think it's a bad title nevertheless. I however will buy a new Super Smash Bros. even if it's called Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS for Nintendo Switch.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

kkslider5552000

They just realized it was the absolutely perfect time for a pseudo-subtle pun, let's be honest.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SuperJoon

Animal Crossing and maybe a Smash Port next year. Could also be a new Pikmin?

There will be lots of 3rd party support no doubt as we have Wolfenstein 2 coming. Hopefully Bethesda continue with there support and bring us more. Fallout 4? Dishonoured series? Prey maybe?

If rumours are true then we could be getting GTA V which would be nice.

Good times all round for the Switch!

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

GamingTelescope

Well I hope for Luigi's mansion, Fzero, virchual console, smash 4, pokemon I also would LOVE GameCube and Wii games rereleased in HD! Imagine Luigi's mansion HD, super Mario sunshineHD, and even super Mario galaxyHD!!!(not likely!) I'd also like a paper Mario as good as the thousand year door. And what I think will happen is, pikmin 4, smash port, animal crossing, odyssey DLC, new IPs, something from retro studios and probably a Mario game of some sort.

I am a Big Nintendo fan and spend much of my freetime playing Mario, Zelda and more! My other hobby is my Gaming website, GamingTelescope https://gamingtelescope.blogspot.com/ and looking at Gaming News on NintendoLife!

iKhan

I was thinking today, and it occurred to me that the Switch already has a pretty decent 1st party lineup for 2018 even when you ignore the ports.

Kirby Star Allies, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Mario Tennis Aces are all known to be coming out this year. Retro has something cooking, and I anticipate at least a couple more announcements this year, so they should all fill the year out pretty well.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

It has a good lineup in the context of not needing new first party games the same way Wii U did and the fact that the latter half of the year's first party games have mostly just not been announced yet.

Though it is bizarre, even nowadays, that we don't have any footage of a single Nintendo game coming out after May (AFAIK at least).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It has a good lineup in the context of not needing new first party games the same way Wii U did and the fact that the latter half of the year's first party games have mostly just not been announced yet.

Though it is bizarre, even nowadays, that we don't have any footage of a single Nintendo game coming out after May (AFAIK at least).

Yoshi

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

Ah, right. That is...a game. Fair enough.

Regardless, I'm expecting a really interesting E3 from Nintendo this year.

rjejr

I hope we don't have to wait until E3 to get some more game news, I'm ready for a Nintendo Direct in early March. I was in Gamestop yesterday trading in my copy of GT Sport that came with my PSVR headset and I got $20 store credit but I wasn't sure what to use it on. We've already pre-ordered Kirby on Amazon, 20% discount with Prime and my kids each had a $25 GC which basically covered the rest, so it looks like Labo, which we won't get until June when schools out and it's nice enough to build and play with outside since you can't use the TV with the variety pack anyway.

We had company over Saturday and the kids played SSB4U for 6 hours - it was raining all day. My son and I have been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn and PSVR stuff. So we have a Switch which is currently not getting much use except 30 minutes of SMO Luigi's Balloon World and my other son is playing ARMS.

So a ND would be nice. After Kirby it's still three full months until E3, that's too long with no major games to talk about. They could spend all of April talking about Nintendo Labo, and maybe that's the plan, but that's still a limited market it seems. Not sure if waiting until E3 to show off Yoshi, a SSB port and the long completed Pikmin 4 is the way to go.

Now there are still games coming for Switch, DQ11 is still due to be ported and come West, Y's 8 is due out this summer, but I'll probably get it on PS4 as it will be half price by then, Gamefreak will probably announce Pokemon Switch before E3, they usually due stuff on their own in the spring not in an ND, XC2 still has at least 1 big DLC coming, and I believe Mario+Rabbids still has 1 as well - there's some ND filler right there, DLC - and I need to get both of those games when they're done. So Switch isn't barren, it just feels that way for the second half of 2018.

Nintendo might be the #2 publisher behind Bethesda as far as games, but they must be dead last in marketing, advertising and building hype for future games. Though I did see a Switch commercial before Black Panther in a theater on Friday, that was nice, but that was for current games, not future, they aren't terrible on current game marketing, just hyping anything more than a month out.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.