Forums

Topic: Will you get an NX or a PS4/Xbox One?

Posts 121 to 122 of 122

CaptainToad777

iKhan wrote:

CaptainToad777 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CaptainToad777 wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

I am hoping the NX is nothing more than an evolved Wii U. Better specs, an enhanced gamepad with analogue triggers and improved screen, easy for third parties to get involved with and allows you to transfer all your Wii / Wii U VC and eShop games across. I would buy that day 1. Lose the Wii branding once and for all and go with Nintendo Next (or whatever word they are going to put before / after game names!). Alas, that would be far too down to earth for Nintendo

Agreed!

The NX must meet the following criteria for me to buy it

1. Backwards compatibility with all wii u games - even better if wii games are compatible
2. as far as ds/3ds games are concerned - doesnt need to IMHO
3. a significant spec improvment over the wii u - it doesnt have to be on par with ps4, but it cannot be like a wii U 1,5,
4. games must come out in physical form
5. a low price point is not key but should be in relation to ps4 price/specs

Have you thought about how poorly that system would sell? The system would cost about equal to the PS4 due to the gamepad, but would be less powerful. So to a passing consumer, pretty much nothing about the system would seem new.

It would essentially become "the box you are forced to buy to play Nintendo games", and nothing more.

Not necessarily
first of all it may become cheaper for nintendo to produce the gamepad (there was already an article that they were experimenting with some new technology).
The wii u is backwards compatible, yet it doesnt come with a wii mote, you have to buy it separately if you dont already own it from the previous generation. Same can be applied with the nx - maybe nintendo could finally offer the gamepad on its own without console. Besides, not all wii u games require the gamepad.
Truth be told, if the nx is not gonna be bc I might still buy it depending what it is and what it does, but still I would feel a little shortchanged if backwards compatibility stops with the wii u.
A more troubling thought is that I would need to buy two consoles in that case scenario. If there is no backwards compatibility I will need a second wii u to be on the safe side, if the console or the gamepad break.

I think the wii u already is the console that you are forced to buy if you want to play nintendo games and thats why I bought it.
Think about it, the nx will most likely be subpar to the ps4 - there is a high chance nintendo will go the cheap way again - as of now I cant see any other reason why people would buy it than to play nintendo games. Ok, maybe there is gonna be some more third party games, but again if the console is gonna be subpar and ports gonna be inferior - thats not gonna cut it.

As a matter of fact, I cant really see a reason why nintendo would even come up with a new console that soon. I mean, lets be honest, if they came up with more of tremendous games, bought a couple of studios, pay to have other companies produce exclusives for them (lego city etc.) they would most likely sell more consoles. If somebody hoped the wii u was gonna do better, those hopes died with the nx announcement. I highly doubt that their mobile gaming commitment will benefit us nintendo fans, either.

IMHO the nx is another bad idea and if its gonna be subpar it has to be gimmicky - have some characteristics that the competition does not, be affordable, which again results in being subpar.

Just to be on the safe side, I would not have a problem with the console if it was subpar (otherwise I wouldnt have bought the wii u or the 3ds) - I have a problem with nintendos commitment to their fanbase. Instead of bringing out the games people want, they come up with games that nobody (probably) needs. Is it that difficult to provide killer applications like metroid?

So the fact that the Wii U had the Gamepad and that it was more powerful than the 7th gen systems didn't draw you in at all? Usually, it's new technology IN ADDITION to new games/the promise of new games that sells new generation systems. For example, the PS4 isn't just appealing to people because the next Uncharted, the next Infamous, and the next game from Guerilla Games. It's appealing because Uncharted 4, Infamous:SS, and Horizon show things that couldn't happen before like graphics, world size, etc. The Wii wasn't just appealing because it had the next Zelda and the next Mario Kart, it was appealing because it promised a whole new type of experience with Twilight Princess and Mario Kart Wii.

And that's also why more games alone can't save the Wii U, because the games on the system don't really demonstrate an enticing new experience for many people. It can probably improve sales marginally, but it's never going to make the Wii U a success.

That said, I agree that Nintendo should wait until 2017. Not only to make sure Wii U owners feel they got a worthwhile system, but also so they have more time to produce a powerful system at cheap cost. Remember, even if Nintendo is keeping with the trend of the Wii and Wii U, the NX would STILL have to be 50% more powerful than the PS4.

Well, the gamepad certainly didnt draw me in. If at all, it was HD graphics that I was interested in, like playing mario kart in hd - just awesome. I am not so into gimmicks, and off tv-play,well. And since I am can live without third party games, I am probably not the benchmark guy to sell a console to.
Of course people a new console to experience something fresh, like you said, something that wasnt possible before. In regard to nintendo its hd graphics that wasnt possible before - and I really appreciate that. Only thing is that its a couple of years too late. Certainly nintendo didnt think it all through....
Like you said, people bought a ps4 to play uncharted 4, and an xbox to play the next halo. - its the games that make a console.
If nintendo cannot create games that will draw more people in, then they are having a problem. Sometimes it seems to me, that nintendo doesnt understand the market anymore and goes its own no matter what and right now this is playing against them.

CaptainToad777

Gridatttack

NX.

I have a sort of gaming PC that I can play current games.

I dont think the exclusives of both consoles are enough to draw me in, unlike Nintendo consoles.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.