Forums

Topic: Will you get an NX or a PS4/Xbox One?

Posts 101 to 120 of 122

Tasuki

@Ryno: I totally understand how you feel about the Wii U. Besides Mario Kart 8 I really don't play it at all. I hate the VC on it the amount of games the VC catalog has and then the sound issues yeah no thanks. I would sell my Wii U and get an Xbox One but I am waiting for Zelda U. Yeah I could sell it now and buy a used one later but why deal with that hassel.

After the vacation I have planned this month I am going to start saving up for an Xbox One.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

dumedum

nacho_chicken wrote:

NX.

A Gaming PC and a Nintendo console is the way to go.

This is the truth. I'll get all Nintendo consoles but still hoping they delay the NX way into the future. They should keep supporting Wii U. They just had a million seller in Splatoon, and amiibo is selling like crazy. Wii U should be their focus.

@Ryno You should check whether there's lag with the Microsoft streaming. Vita/Sony streaming doesn't work - it's laggy and buggy.

Sean_Aaron wrote:

There is nothing to sell me a PS4 or Xbox One. Samurai Warriors IV is the only thing I can think of on PS4 I'd be interested in at present and that's not a system seller. I honestly don't know what would lead me to buy an NX either as the Wii had some pretty obvious limitations addressed by the Wii U. The Wii U has no limitations I can see that would warrant a hardware shift - nothing that Nintendo has any control over (i.e. they cannot guarantee any third party support for future hardware), anyway.

Exactly, there's no reason for the NX. There are no hardware limitaitons like there were with Wii U. They should stick with Wii U, make more games, market it better, and just keep up the good momentum it had now with Splatoon and the amiibo. NX shouldn't come for a number of years if they're smart.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

iKhan

dumedum wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

NX.

A Gaming PC and a Nintendo console is the way to go.

This is the truth. I'll get all Nintendo consoles but still hoping they delay the NX way into the future. They should keep supporting Wii U. They just had a million seller in Splatoon, and amiibo is selling like crazy. Wii U should be their focus.

@Ryno You should check whether there's lag with the Microsoft streaming. Vita/Sony streaming doesn't work - it's laggy and buggy.

Sean_Aaron wrote:

There is nothing to sell me a PS4 or Xbox One. Samurai Warriors IV is the only thing I can think of on PS4 I'd be interested in at present and that's not a system seller. I honestly don't know what would lead me to buy an NX either as the Wii had some pretty obvious limitations addressed by the Wii U. The Wii U has no limitations I can see that would warrant a hardware shift - nothing that Nintendo has any control over (i.e. they cannot guarantee any third party support for future hardware), anyway.

Exactly, there's no reason for the NX. There are no hardware limitaitons like there were with Wii U. They should stick with Wii U, make more games, market it better, and just keep up the good momentum it had now with Splatoon and the amiibo. NX shouldn't come for a number of years if they're smart.

There are multiple games that are skipping the Wii U due to hardware limitations. The Wii was 2X as powerful as the GC, while the Wii U was advertised as 50% more powerful than the 360. How is the Wii U NOT limiting?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DBPirate

I'm probably getting an NX soon after it comes out (I definitely wouldn't be getting one on Day 1. Consoles are reserved for Christmas which is why I'm hoping for a fall/winter 2016 release date) but I can say for sure I'm not getting a PS4 or Xbox One.

I'm going to be getting a PC soon and that is what I will play my non-Nintendo games on. First up: Assassin's Creed Rogue, Batman Arkham Knight (...or maybe after the patches...), and The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

dumedum

@iKhan no games are really skipping Wii U because of limitations. Its because their games can't sell. Nintendo is able to get 1080 and 60fps on the machine. It can keep releasing its HD games on it for a very long time. Third parties are irrelevant. Many (read: most) of the games that dkip the Wii U appear on 360/PS3. The only game they used that excuse was Arkham Knight which runs unreal 3... Yeah... And maybe the excuse of project cars. Its not limiting in the sense of the Wii. Its just another HD machine, a subpar PC. Not a big difference.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

iKhan

dumedum wrote:

No games are really skipping Wii U because of limitations. Its because their games can't sell. Nintendo is able to get 1080 and 60fps on the machine. It can keep releasing its HD games on it for a very long time. Third parties are irrelevant. Many (read: most) of the games that dkip the Wii U appear on 360/PS3. The only game they used that excuse was Arkham Knight which runs unreal 3... Yeah... And maybe the excuse of project cars. Its not limiting in the sense of the Wii. Its just another HD machine, a subpar PC. Not a big difference.

Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, Project Cars, Battlefront 3, FF15, Fallout 4, the list goes on and on. I'll give you that KH3 could probably run just fine on Wii U, but a lot of these games wouldn't stand a chance on Wii U.

Games stopped coming out on PS360 this year. Games are built around PS4/XB1 level power now, and the Wii U isn't competitive. 3rd Parties are a huge part of what makes or breaks a console. If your system doesn't have 3rd party multiplats, it's a huge reason not to buy.

They have only been able to hit 1080p 60fps on a select few games. The only one I can think of is SSB4. Splatoon, Bayo2, MK8, and Mario 3D World are 720p 60FPS. WWHD is 1080p 30fps.

Just because graphically diminishing returns make it seem that Wii U isn't limited, diminishing returns hasn't taken the same toll on gameplay applications of processing power like larger worlds, more players in multiplayer, more objects on screen, etc.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Sean_Aaron

Quite frankly I'd rather a game skip the Wii U if it can't run at a decent frame rate in at least 720p. 1080p at any cost isn't worth it if you've got slowdown happening and I keep reading about framerate issues and loading times on the PS4 and XBOne versus high-end PCs which lead me to believe their ability to run current games is overstated. The fact that I can play Mario Kart 4-player on the Wii U and have a decent level of detail is well worth running it at 720p rather than 1080p.

The lack of local multiplayer titles on the other systems is far more limiting than the graphical prowess of the Wii U as well. I would hope whatever Nintendo does they keep the focus on local multiplayer. There is no way I'd be trading in my Wii U for a single-player machine when so much of my gaming time is shared with my daughter. That might not be true forever, but I'm not a "hiding in a cupboard, clutching a controller" kind of gamer. I do play single player stuff, but I like to share as well.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

iKhan

@Sean_Aaron: I agree 720p is just fine if it means a more stable frame rate, but my point is that there is a limitation with the Wii U hardware.

The PS4 and XB1 aren't limited in local multiplayer. Both have just as much ability to support it as the Wii U has. It just so happens that local isn't particularly popular with their audience.

Sean_Aaron

I didn't say the PC twins weren't capable I said they lack the games. So if having friends you can actually see and slap on the back and do other things people do socially in real life is important to you in games PSONE isn't for you. God help us when VR is the thing, there'll be a whole class of people who just don't exist in actual society any more.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Grumblevolcano

@Sean_Aaron: I feel that single player and online multiplayer are more important than local multiplayer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaptainToad777

Its a little bit early to talk about the NX - but still I am kinda fed up to say the least and today I even considered not buying any more consoles in the future if those rumours about the nx being some sort of an android streaming device turn out to be true.

Actually I couldnt care less about the wii u specs - I bought the console because of nintendo games in the first place and I am a quite disappointed with the way nintendo has been handling things so far. I think they really lost their focus. The introduction of the new 3ds was highly questionable IMHO - Forgive if I am not uptodate, but is xenoblade still the only new 3ds game out there? What others are coming? So they introduced a 'new' console without any games at launch. Luckily I didnt buy it (will probably do it lateron, but still).
And right now they arent planning to release a proper metroid or animal crossing title for the wii u because they have realized that the console will not sell many more millions - great - what about those people who already trusted nintendo and already bought their console? Even though I really like nintendo (their games actually!) I might actually stop buying new stuff.
I am definitely not going to buy a ps4 or xbone, and I will buy all the good games for the wii u and the 3ds that may come out - no doubt about that.
But I am really worried that the nx will be the final coffin nail to nintendo as we know them.

CaptainToad777

Randomname19

If I don't like NX I'm going to get a PS3 or a PS4.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Rezal_Knight

NX better be something amazing.Or a handheld because if it is a console:
The gimmick is not gonna make me buy it
The Nintendo games are not gonna make me buy it.

It has to be a powerhouse that 3rd patty devs wanna support.

Rezal_Knight

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5121-9849

GrailUK

I am hoping the NX is nothing more than an evolved Wii U. Better specs, an enhanced gamepad with analogue triggers and improved screen, easy for third parties to get involved with and allows you to transfer all your Wii / Wii U VC and eShop games across. I would buy that day 1. Lose the Wii branding once and for all and go with Nintendo Next (or whatever word they are going to put before / after game names!). Alas, that would be far too down to earth for Nintendo

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

CaptainToad777

GrailUK wrote:

I am hoping the NX is nothing more than an evolved Wii U. Better specs, an enhanced gamepad with analogue triggers and improved screen, easy for third parties to get involved with and allows you to transfer all your Wii / Wii U VC and eShop games across. I would buy that day 1. Lose the Wii branding once and for all and go with Nintendo Next (or whatever word they are going to put before / after game names!). Alas, that would be far too down to earth for Nintendo

Agreed!

The NX must meet the following criteria for me to buy it

1. Backwards compatibility with all wii u games - even better if wii games are compatible
2. as far as ds/3ds games are concerned - doesnt need to IMHO
3. a significant spec improvment over the wii u - it doesnt have to be on par with ps4, but it cannot be like a wii U 1,5,
4. games must come out in physical form
5. a low price point is not key but should be in relation to ps4 price/specs

CaptainToad777

iKhan

CaptainToad777 wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Agreed!

1. Backwards compatibility with all wii u games - even better if wii games are compatible
3. a significant spec improvment over the wii u - it doesnt have to be on par with ps4, but it cannot be like a wii U 1,5,

Have you thought about how poorly that system would sell? The system would cost about equal to the PS4 due to the gamepad, but would be less powerful. So to a passing consumer, pretty much nothing about the system would seem new.

It would essentially become "the box you are forced to buy to play Nintendo games", and nothing more.

CaptainToad777

iKhan wrote:

CaptainToad777 wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Agreed!

Have you thought about how poorly that system would sell? The system would cost about equal to the PS4 due to the gamepad, but would be less powerful. So to a passing consumer, pretty much nothing about the system would seem new.

It would essentially become "the box you are forced to buy to play Nintendo games", and nothing more.

Not necessarily
first of all it may become cheaper for nintendo to produce the gamepad (there was already an article that they were experimenting with some new technology).
The wii u is backwards compatible, yet it doesnt come with a wii mote, you have to buy it separately if you dont already own it from the previous generation. Same can be applied with the nx - maybe nintendo could finally offer the gamepad on its own without console. Besides, not all wii u games require the gamepad.
Truth be told, if the nx is not gonna be bc I might still buy it depending what it is and what it does, but still I would feel a little shortchanged if backwards compatibility stops with the wii u.
A more troubling thought is that I would need to buy two consoles in that case scenario. If there is no backwards compatibility I will need a second wii u to be on the safe side, if the console or the gamepad break.

I think the wii u already is the console that you are forced to buy if you want to play nintendo games and thats why I bought it.
Think about it, the nx will most likely be subpar to the ps4 - there is a high chance nintendo will go the cheap way again - as of now I cant see any other reason why people would buy it than to play nintendo games. Ok, maybe there is gonna be some more third party games, but again if the console is gonna be subpar and ports gonna be inferior - thats not gonna cut it.

As a matter of fact, I cant really see a reason why nintendo would even come up with a new console that soon. I mean, lets be honest, if they came up with more of tremendous games, bought a couple of studios, pay to have other companies produce exclusives for them (lego city etc.) they would most likely sell more consoles. If somebody hoped the wii u was gonna do better, those hopes died with the nx announcement. I highly doubt that their mobile gaming commitment will benefit us nintendo fans, either.

IMHO the nx is another bad idea and if its gonna be subpar it has to be gimmicky - have some characteristics that the competition does not, be affordable, which again results in being subpar.

Just to be on the safe side, I would not have a problem with the console if it was subpar (otherwise I wouldnt have bought the wii u or the 3ds) - I have a problem with nintendos commitment to their fanbase. Instead of bringing out the games people want, they come up with games that nobody (probably) needs. Is it that difficult to provide killer applications like metroid?

CaptainToad777

iKhan

CaptainToad777 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CaptainToad777 wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Agreed!

Not necessarily
first of all it may become cheaper for nintendo to produce the gamepad (there was already an article that they were experimenting with some new technology).
The wii u is backwards compatible, yet it doesnt come with a wii mote, you have to buy it separately if you dont already own it from the previous generation. Same can be applied with the nx - maybe nintendo could finally offer the gamepad on its own without console. Besides, not all wii u games require the gamepad.
Truth be told, if the nx is not gonna be bc I might still buy it depending what it is and what it does, but still I would feel a little shortchanged if backwards compatibility stops with the wii u.
A more troubling thought is that I would need to buy two consoles in that case scenario. If there is no backwards compatibility I will need a second wii u to be on the safe side, if the console or the gamepad break.

I think the wii u already is the console that you are forced to buy if you want to play nintendo games and thats why I bought it.
Think about it, the nx will most likely be subpar to the ps4 - there is a high chance nintendo will go the cheap way again - as of now I cant see any other reason why people would buy it than to play nintendo games. Ok, maybe there is gonna be some more third party games, but again if the console is gonna be subpar and ports gonna be inferior - thats not gonna cut it.

As a matter of fact, I cant really see a reason why nintendo would even come up with a new console that soon. I mean, lets be honest, if they came up with more of tremendous games, bought a couple of studios, pay to have other companies produce exclusives for them (lego city etc.) they would most likely sell more consoles. If somebody hoped the wii u was gonna do better, those hopes died with the nx announcement. I highly doubt that their mobile gaming commitment will benefit us nintendo fans, either.

IMHO the nx is another bad idea and if its gonna be subpar it has to be gimmicky - have some characteristics that the competition does not, be affordable, which again results in being subpar.

Just to be on the safe side, I would not have a problem with the console if it was subpar (otherwise I wouldnt have bought the wii u or the 3ds) - I have a problem with nintendos commitment to their fanbase. Instead of bringing out the games people want, they come up with games that nobody (probably) needs. Is it that difficult to provide killer applications like metroid?

So the fact that the Wii U had the Gamepad and that it was more powerful than the 7th gen systems didn't draw you in at all? Usually, it's new technology IN ADDITION to new games/the promise of new games that sells new generation systems. For example, the PS4 isn't just appealing to people because the next Uncharted, the next Infamous, and the next game from Guerilla Games. It's appealing because Uncharted 4, Infamous:SS, and Horizon show things that couldn't happen before like graphics, world size, etc. The Wii wasn't just appealing because it had the next Zelda and the next Mario Kart, it was appealing because it promised a whole new type of experience with Twilight Princess and Mario Kart Wii.

And that's also why more games alone can't save the Wii U, because the games on the system don't really demonstrate an enticing new experience for many people. It can probably improve sales marginally, but it's never going to make the Wii U a success.

That said, I agree that Nintendo should wait until 2017. Not only to make sure Wii U owners feel they got a worthwhile system, but also so they have more time to produce a powerful system at cheap cost. Remember, even if Nintendo is keeping with the trend of the Wii and Wii U, the NX would STILL have to be 50% more powerful than the PS4.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.