Forums

Topic: Will you buy an NX at launch?

Posts 161 to 173 of 173

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Operative wrote:

I'm sure he means being able to play whatever wii u games he does like. I don't think he feels every single wii u game is lazy.

Pretty much. The majority of the Wii U's lineup is pretty lazy, there's a lot of recycling of previous ideas and IPs and gameplay styles that focused on exploration have been dying out. But there are a few games worth playing, just not enough to justify a console purchase. Combined with the NX's lineup may be a different story however. So if the NX does follow the Wii U's lineup, I'd be very unenthusiastic about the console, but if there's enough good NX games mixed in those plus the Wii U's back catalog would be enough to justify a purchase.

I'm not sure if I'd call it lazy, but I agree with the sentiment. Recently Joshscorcher wrote a countdown called "Top 10 Games I Want to Like". If I were to make a list like that Wii U games would litter the list.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

MrMario02 wrote:

When I see the following, I will decide
1. The games on NX
2. The price of the NX
3. The NX itself

4. Is there backwards compatibility with my Wii U games, DLC, eshop downloads, etc. if a home console?

That would be my 4 main deciding factors.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DjLewe78

My wife and I don't have much money but I'm a Nintendo gamer and she will be OK if I want an NX at launch.
HOWEVER....
When WIIU launched I was telling her about the second screen so she could watch TV while I play, and the bit she most liked what the TVII bit.
Unfortunately in the UK it never even worked and she was a bit pissed off that they advertised it at launah but never got it working.
Now thinking about it that is REALLY F#$#NG bad! So all I ask of Nintendo is to make sure all aspects work from day 1! If so I'll buy, just don't make us look stupid again please

1 up !

Peek-a-boo

If this NX system doesn't offer a PROPER user account whereby you can redownload apps, games and other multimedia uses at a complete whim, as well as offering some sort of backwards compatibility with all my Wii and Wii U virtual console games, then I doubt I will buy it at launch.

But then again, I have never purchase a Nintendo system, be it a console or handheld, on the very first day.

I really want the NX to be great, but Nintendo will be Nintendo somewhere along the way and botch something relatively simple up.

Peek-a-boo

erv

@DjLewe78: actually your point is very good. The wii U was a product that launched unfinished. Cheddar cheese is what nintendolife had talked about at some point. As tech has grown up, the overall expectation for a customer is a product that's polished and finished.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

UGXwolf

I'm more likely to buy at launch than most, but Nintendo still needs to show me a game that comes out in launch window that I'll absolutely "need." Like Nintendoland did. Still one of my group's favorite party games.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CandySwirl

If it's got any home console component, yes. If it's purely a handheld, maybe.

CandySwirl

SkapeGote

Sup,

I own every Nintendo console to date. Everyone. I hvae the NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, and Wii U. I have never been disappointed by a Nintendo console in my life. The only machine that gathers dust in my home is the PS4. No because it is a bad system, just I own a very high end gaming PC and there isn't any PS4 exclusive worth buying, in my opinion mind you. So, yeah, I will have the NX day one with atleast 5 to 10 games if there is that many.

SkapeGote

WebHead

I've been considering it lately. If it has Zelda 2016 and Pikmin 4 at launch, which it probably will, I think I'll bite.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Andrzej777

If its got BC I will buy it right away

Andrzej777

Vinny

WebHead wrote:

http://www.destructoid.com/are-these-leaked-images-of-the-nin...

Probably fake but those sticks look terrible

It looks 100% fake. The extremely unnatural brightness on the screen gives it away easily.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

haigh1011

Vinny wrote:

WebHead wrote:

http://www.destructoid.com/are-these-leaked-images-of-the-nin...

Probably fake but those sticks look terrible

It looks 100% fake. The extremely unnatural brightness on the screen gives it away easily.

That could be from the camera's flash taking the photo. I can't see this happening though, look like your hands will get in the way too much. too much happening in a small place

haigh1011

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.