Forums

Topic: Will you buy an NX at launch?

Posts 121 to 140 of 173

DefHalan

@iKhan: My biggest issue with that video is that using that logic you shouldn't buy a console until it has been discontinued. That is when it will be the cheapest and have the most games for it.

I don't get to play games as often as I use to so buying at launch and keeping up to date on releases is actually how I am able to play the games as much as I can. I wouldn't have been able to put in as much time into ZombiU if I had gotten it a year later.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

My biggest issue with that video is that using that logic you shouldn't buy a console until it has been discontinued. That is when it will be the cheapest and have the most games for it.

I don't get to play games as often as I use to so buying at launch and keeping up to date on releases is actually how I am able to play the games as much as I can. I wouldn't have been able to put in as much time into ZombiU if I had gotten it a year later.

I was more posting it for comedic purposes. The video wasn't even relevant to Nintendo until the Wii U. They have always done really well at console launches.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

-Green-

iKhan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

My biggest issue with that video is that using that logic you shouldn't buy a console until it has been discontinued. That is when it will be the cheapest and have the most games for it.

I was more posting it for comedic purposes. The video wasn't even relevant to Nintendo until the Wii U. They have always done really well at console launches.

Well I'll give you credit. I found it very funny and entertaining.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ErrantEmbers

5 of the last 6 Nintendo consoles or handhelds I've purchased at launch - GBA, GCN, DS, Wii, and Wii U. The 3DS had nothing compelling until Ocarina of Time 3D came out. But about the NX...I highly, highly doubt I would buy one at launch. It depends on many things: the launch games, the price of the system, what the system is capable of, and what the system offers at launch. Right now I'm not expecting to be impressed, so I probably won't.

ErrantEmbers

KB90

No, I will get as much use out of the Wii u before I get the new one.

KB90

Souldin

Whether I get the NX at launch will depend on 1) what it is, and 2) when it launches. In this case, let's assume it's the next Nintendo console, the Wii U successor. The earliest I would get the NX then, is Autumn/Winter 2017. If for whatever reason the NX launches earlier than that, be it in 2016 or Spring 2017, then I will not be getting it at launch, and shall continue to wait until late 2017 to purchase the system.

I'll be giving the Wii U my primary attention for the usual 5 years regardless of when Nintendo releases their console successor and regardless of what it comes with in terms of content and features.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

Nicolai

@Souldin: That's a good point. If they release it as early as Fall 2016, I probably won't get it right away. Unless they decide to make Zelda U an NX exclusive launch title, in which case I will simultaneously curse Nintendo whilst forking over my money.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Rixor13

depending on how much launch content it has. i am still thoroughly defending the wii u with my life so i likely will not unless for the holiday season.

Is this a joke? Are you having a chuckle? Haha, very funny. I'm the one with a degree

Avatar credit to Undertale and Toby fox.

3DS Friend Code: 1951-0757-8693 | Nintendo Network ID: rixor11

Darknyht

Probably not, but only because I will still be plugging away at MH3U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Zelda U at that point. Plus, I will be looking to pick up second tier (at least to me) titles like Star Fox, Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World. and a few others at a reduced price.

That said, what will tempt me is if they come out swinging with a new Metroid Prime, Dragon Quest, Zelda and some solid third party stuff at launch.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

DefHalan

OneBagTravel wrote:

I'll ask the thread starter: what is the NX?

Let me quote the thread starter:

Tasuki wrote:

Anyway I was wondering with the lackluster Wii U launch, the price drop of the 3DS early in its lifespan will you be getting the NX at launch? Let's assume that we know what it is and all that jazz.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nicolai

OneBagTravel wrote:

I'll ask the thread starter: what is the NX?

The NX is the code name for the eventual successor to the Wii U, though little is known about it at this point. All we really know from Nintendo is that details will be released at E3 2016, though there are a few rumors going around, such as how Nintendo doesn't plan on making it very powerful, and surrounding patent filings of a console without a CD drive, and an achievements system. All taken with a grain of salt, of course.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

skywake

Nicolai wrote:

The NX is the code name for the eventual successor to the Wii U, though little is known about it at this point. All we really know from Nintendo is that details will be released at E3 2016, though there are a few rumors going around, such as how Nintendo doesn't plan on making it very powerful, and surrounding patent filings of a console without a CD drive, and an achievements system. All taken with a grain of salt, of course.

Technically all we know is that it's hardware and that they're going to talk about it in 2016. The assumption that it's a home console is just that, an assumption. It may be a decent assumption but that's all it is. The patents are also pretty thin places for information. For example the achievements one quite literally has the layout of from NES remix. The one about optical media spends the whole time talking about processes and makes a point of saying that the patent would also apply to a console WITH an optical drive.

So really we don't know much at all.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

At_Lazuli

Nintendo NX:
The NeXt way to play!
is this a good slogan?...
or what about...
The NeXt step in entertainment!

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

shani

Although we don't know much about NX yet, I will certainly buy it at launch. That is, if I can afford it. ^^

I usually don't buy anything at launch, because if you wait, you get a technically mature product and it's also cheaper. But there are exeptions. Either
a) it's something that perfectly fits into my needs at that exact point in time (like a new kind of device that is helpful in daily life or in one case of a game: the Crew) or
b) it's something that I can trust on to be good (like a Nintendo console) or
c) it's something I want so bad that I break my own rule on not being an early adopter.

But c) almost never happens. So I would buy the NX immediately because of reason b). Also, I bought the Wii U in May 2014 and I totally regret that I didn't buy it sooner. It's such a great console! I'm actually thinking about keeping it. It would be the first time that I don't sell a console after it is getting surpassed by his successor.
In mid 2013, I sold my Wii in anticipation of the Wii U (and to get a decent selling price) but then had to wait because of financial reasons. I won't do that again, I want to have the NX on day one.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

WebHead

I'd probably guy at launch if it ends up being a standalone gamepad or microconsole that plays all your Wii U and 3ds games

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Samurai_Goroh

Honestly, from Nintendo's point of view the console that needs replacement soon would be the Wii U as the 3DS still sells in decent numbers and the Wii U arguably never did.

From my personal point of view as a gamer, I feel the Wii U is perfectly capable of playing whatever games Nintendo wants to do next. It's the 3DS that shows it's advanced age at this time. It's a 240p handheld with graphics comparable to the GameCube in a world of 1080p and beyond smart devices. The "New" hardware revision should have been more bold. It feels like it was only made to accommodate Xenoblade 3D. I don't judge a game by its graphics solely, but most 3DS games look bad nowadays, while the Wii U can still manage to have some gorgeous looking ones.

I'm still betting the NX will be the Wii U successor because money talks louder. But I wouldn't dismiss a new handheld.

Samurai_Goroh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.