Forums

Topic: Will you buy an NX at launch?

Posts 101 to 120 of 173

DefHalan

Looks like this thread has turned into an argument about which answer is the correct answer... THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG ANSWER, IT IS JUST OPINIONS lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

There's no right or wrong answer..... but if you're not buying it purely because the Wii U didn't "win" the console war? Then that's profoundly stupid

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

tux_peng

IDK, I love my Wii U & 3DS; but I didn't buy a Wii U untill WW-HD, and 3DS untilll New Leaf. So, it'll really depend on launch titles

tux_peng

3DS Friend Code: 1349-5347-2670 | Nintendo Network ID: Tux-peng | Twitter:

Drowsy

It really depends on the launch titles this time around. If the best version of Zelda U is on NX then I most likely will.

Edited on by Drowsy

Samurai_Goroh

Assuming it is another Twilight Princess scenario, Zelda on the NX launch day would not compel me to buy one. I'd get the Wii U version instead, unless Nintendo made sure the Wii U version played like garbage compared to the NX (something very unlike Nintendo to do). But, assuming it's just like Twilight Princess GCN and Wii, I'd happily go with the Wii U game.

Samurai_Goroh

whodatninja

Unless it has something groundbreaking, like a 3D main series Pokemon game, probably not.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

TuVictus

skywake wrote:

There's no right or wrong answer..... but if you're not buying it purely because the Wii U didn't "win" the console war? Then that's profoundly stupid

Yeah I agree. Just as stupid as people buying it just because it has a Nintendo logo slapped on the box

TuVictus

skywake

Operative wrote:

skywake wrote:

Yeah I agree. Just as stupid as people buying it just because it has a Nintendo logo slapped on the box

Not really. If you're buying it because you somewhat trust Nintendo's content then that's reasonable. For example I can say that I've brought their last four platforms fairly early in the piece and every time they've had enough content for me personally. And that even before then I've brought their platforms here and there and had the same experience. You buy games for the content and if you trust that there'll be good content that's sensible.

When people say they don't want the NX because the Wii U sold poorly.... where's the rationale? Why are you ruling out getting it? Because they didn't "win" some sort of unimportant race? How did that impact how much fun the system was? It's a stupid reason to be ruling it out. If bad sales compared to the competition was at all important in regards to how enjoyable a platform is then the Gamecube, Dreamcast, XBox, Vita, N64 and Mega Drive would all be horrible platforms as well as the Wii U. Clearly that isn't the case.

Edited on by skywake

Geonjaha

skywake wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

@skywake: That's a little unfair. I think he's saying that the more sensible way is to make no decision whatsoever until the NX is revealed.

If the point was to say that people making a choice either way before knowing about it are crazy then sure. But that's not what was said. Instead the people who have already made their minds up in the positive were singled out, thus suggesting that the people who have already decided not to get it were reasonable. Really, all positions on this are reasonable IMO, we already know what sort of products Nintendo makes. We know enough to at least make a statement about what we'll probably do when it launches.

Not being convinced to buy a console when you know nothing about it but the track record of the company is reasonable. You can always change your mind once you find out more about it, or even long after it launches. People talking about buying the console at this point are doing so out of faith. For people commenting saying that they like Nintendo and probably will end up buying it, then cool, but anyone who's already willing to buy it or pre-order it before they know more about it is just throwing their money away because they have faith that Nintendo will do right by them. It's a risk they don't need to take, and its that kind of commitment to a company that I'll never understand as a consumer. It helps you in no possible way.

For those people who openly commit to buying/pre-ordering a product early on, I'd say just wait. Maybe Nintendo's console won't be great. Maybe you'd end up preferring a console by another company or just a gaming PC. You end up having a lot more fun when you ditch the shackles of just following the line of the last companies console(s) you purchased.

Aromaiden wrote:

@Nicolai: You've got to admit, Geonjaha didn't present his statement in a very nice or understanding manner.

Nope, probably not. Sorry if what I said offended anyone, and to anyone who is thinking they'll probably buy the console but is waiting to see anyway, none of what I said was directed at you.

skywake wrote:

Yup, that is also a pretty stupid decision to make as well. Difference is though, the person saying that takes no risk, and can safely change their mind at any point after it launches. Someone who pre-orders then regrets it might not be able to.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

kereke12

No, I would never buy a console or electronics that comes out on it's date. I usually wait a month or a year for things to catch up.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

edhe

The last several consoles I've bought have been on release date (New 3DS, 3DSXL, 3DS, DSi, WiiU, and maybe the Wii), but with this Xenoblade X Wii U bundle having been announced, I may actually wait this time for a bundle or special edition.

I'll keep a close eye on it, of course, but then again, I'm trying to beat the games I already have before getting yet another console. The Wii U has a few years left for me yet.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

skywake

@Geonjaha: You'd have a point.... if the people saying "yes" have actually put money down on it. And I doubt many if any have. I certainly haven't and I'm fairly sure I'll probably get it. I don't even know of any stores that are currently accepting pre-orders. Even if there were I wouldn't commit to that at this early stage even if I was very, very sure about getting it. Even if they had a list of software, a date and a price. Because pre-orders are about making sure you get the hardware. It's very, very rare that hardware's actually hard to get..... let alone so hard that you have to pre-order at least two years in advance.

Peek-a-boo

I was gifted a Wii U for Christmas in 2013 as my family knows I love the Super Mario games (3D World) and a 3DS the following year because the first game for my SNES was A Link to the Past and its subsequent sequel A Link Between Worlds came out the year before last and thus, I got a 3DS XL then.

It all depends on the games, but a Super Mario or a 2D Zelda game is usually the cause of buying (or being gifted) a Nintendo system.

The NX has to be something pretty special for me to buy it on day one; I have never purchased any console or handhelds at launch.

Peek-a-boo

dAvecaster

No chance. I may get a Wii U around the time of the launch, since the prices will be low, but only if there's a killer app which appeals to me (specifically Star Fox and or Zelda U.)

dAvecaster

Ralizah

I'm going to wait and see where Nintendo goes with this, most likely. I plan on getting several years out of my Wii U.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

cheetahman91

No, but I'll probably get one eventually.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

erv

I wonder if anyone not planning on buying nx is currently doing so out of disappointment with either the Wii u or the 3ds?

If you're usually one of the people to wait a bit before your initial purchase that makes sense, but if the current gen was disappointing to you I really wonder exactly what was disappointing?

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

TsunamiSensei

Not at launch. The Wii U took about a year to take off, so I'm expecting the NX to take that much time to become worth my money.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

martinskrtel37

hard to say if i'm going to buy something i know absolutely nothing about, lol. one thing we know is that nintendo usually release something so out of left field and so captivating that we will want it ASAP.

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.