Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 5,141 to 5,160 of 69,983

TuVictus

@MarcelRguez I'm sure as well, though I'm more leaning towards any information coming from the investor meeting

TuVictus

IceClimbers

Clearly she's dying to talk about the imminent theme park reveal.

Seriously, Miyamoto was spotted filming something at Universal Orlando recently. We could get a concept reveal in a video announcement. Would be pretty exciting.

(Yes, I'm aware she's probably referring to NX).

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

The NX is going to be called the Iwata. You use two controls, both of which are bananas called Please and Understand, and gesticulation and staring at them is how you use the tech.

Hey, its better than what my uni says which is we wont mention Nintendo, its irrelevant.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MarcelRguez

If they announce the date of the reveal the same day they plan to drop the Sun & Moon demo, the internet is going to go nuts.

BLPs wrote:

called Please and Understand

Lost it.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

TuVictus

Not that much of an investment honestly. They could give away those terrible Animal Crossing ones that are pretty cheap nowadays, haha. They could last a while I'm sure

TuVictus

Bluefiregamer

I really hope at least if the reveal doesnt happen this week that we will get a reveal date maybe. I would be alright with that cause it's at least something. Nintendo has been leaving us in the dark for a while now and I completely understand why they have been doing so. Nothing will make the NX arrive sooner but maybe would ease some hearts with some information soon. I know that Nintendo needs sales more than anything when this platform launches. 13 million just isnt going to cut it by a long shot. I don't think they will get wii sales but if they can double the Wii U sales Id say thats a big improvement over it.

Its dangerous to go alone take this.

FragRed

@Moshugan Cue Nintendo delaying the NX until an unknown date

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

rallydefault

dtjive wrote:

Octane wrote:

@dtjive Why not? Supporting 4K isn't difficult. HDR support would actually be nice, regardless of resolution.

Because historically Nintendo haven't chased graphical fidelity, seem to generally want to cater to mass market thus slapping on 4k sends a mixed message, have explicitly stated that for them it isn't about power and graphics. Finally almost all rumours seem to point to it being an underpowered machine with 1080p resolution at best.

See, I never get this. It just isn't true. Nintendo, for the majority of its lifetime, HAS pursued "graphical fidelity."

-NES: Against Atari and a few others to create games with enough graphics that the player could actually distinguish the story and what was happening
-SNES: The classic war against SEGA, each system striving to tout more "bits" and processing power. The FX chip for certain SNES games was a HUGE deal. I remember getting an entire VHS in the mail from Nintendo Power detailing the development of Donkey Kong Country and the lengths they went to for the graphics.
-N64: Nintendo's push into 3D gaming. Sure, they stayed with the cartridge, but they were pushing their games into the 3rd dimension right along with Sony.
-GameCube: As we know, the most powerful console of its generation.

The ONLY TWO that haven't followed that trend are the Wii and Wii U. So I'll never understand where you people come off with the "Nintendo has never been about graphics/power/etc." line. It's just factually incorrect. You're either willfully ignoring the past or you didn't live through it.

rallydefault

Vinny

rallydefault wrote:

dtjive wrote:

Octane wrote:

@dtjive Why not? Supporting 4K isn't difficult. HDR support would actually be nice, regardless of resolution.

Because historically Nintendo haven't chased graphical fidelity, seem to generally want to cater to mass market thus slapping on 4k sends a mixed message, have explicitly stated that for them it isn't about power and graphics. Finally almost all rumours seem to point to it being an underpowered machine with 1080p resolution at best.

See, I never get this. It just isn't true. Nintendo, for the majority of its lifetime, HAS pursued "graphical fidelity."

-NES: Against Atari and a few others to create games with enough graphics that the player could actually distinguish the story and what was happening
-SNES: The classic war against SEGA, each system striving to tout more "bits" and processing power. The FX chip for certain SNES games was a HUGE deal. I remember getting an entire VHS in the mail from Nintendo Power detailing the development of Donkey Kong Country and the lengths they went to for the graphics.
-N64: Nintendo's push into 3D gaming. Sure, they stayed with the cartridge, but they were pushing their games into the 3rd dimension right along with Sony.
-GameCube: As we know, the most powerful console of its generation.

The ONLY TWO that haven't followed that trend are the Wii and Wii U. So I'll never understand where you people come off with the "Nintendo has never been about graphics/power/etc." line. It's just factually incorrect. You're either willfully ignoring the past or you didn't live through it.

That's the Xbox. Of course, not denying the GC was powerful.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

skywake

BiasedSonyFan wrote:

@skywake
I give Nintendo credit for not trying to pressure gamers to buy other electronics in order to play their video games. They didn't worry about HD TVs in 2006, and they have every reason to believe that 4K TVs won't make that much of an impact for the rest of this decade.

In terms of being serious about running games at those resolutions? Definitely. And I think it's a smart move on their part even if it annoys the tech enthusiasts. But in a slightly different sense I think there's a bit of a difference between now an 10 years ago.

In 2006 the Wii launched with composite cables in the box. Which was ok because it was a standard def system and HDMI was still an enthusiast level thing. Technically when the Wii launched the only console to have a HDMI port was the PS3. And I know I don't speak for everyone but I personally had my Wii plugged into a CRT until early 2008.

Compare that to now. If the NX connects to your TV it's going to need HDMI and HDMI is the connector for both 1080p and UHD. So it's a little bit different than it was in 2006. In 2006 they either included HDMI and supported HD resolutions or they didn't and at best kinda fudged it with Composite and VGA. In 2016 they're going to include HDMI whether they want UHD or not. And UHD streaming support? All they need to do is use the newest revision of HDMI.....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

So Emily Rogers is adamant that NX news is coming this week and next week.

Nintenbomba128

Does anyone think that Super Mario Sunshine HD/NX might be a possibility for NX launch like SM64DS was for the DS?

Edited on by Nintenbomba128

Nintenbomba128

skywake

@Nintenbomba128
Of course it's possible but that doesn't make it any more or less likely. It's possible that they could have a port of Super Mario Galaxy on NX for launch. It's possible they could have a remake of of Skyward Sword or Metroid Prime for launch. All these ports/remakes are possible and would send people into a frenzy. But that doesn't mean we will get them.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Bluefiregamer

Who wants to bet Emily Rodgers is wrong about the reveal this week?

Its dangerous to go alone take this.

MarcelRguez

@rallydefault People see generations in a vacuum and notice that Nintendo only had the most powerful system in one of them: the fifth generation with the N64.

They see that the Neo Geo was more powerful than the SNES and that the Master System was more powerful than the NES and, by disregarding the fact that they came out years later than Nintendo's consoles (or in the Neo Geo's case, it's price), they don't see that things like the NES or the GameCube were fairly powerful for their time, even if other consoles ended up surpassing them.

@Bluefiregamer I bet she's right.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Therad

I don't think they will reveal this week, I think they want to give a heads up before it. On the other hand, Emily said this or next. So she might still be right.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

IceClimbers

@Therad Well, she said news for both weeks. So I'd guess an announcement of the reveal this week, the reveal either at the end of the week or the beginning of next week, and then the investors meeting.

Octane

With only 5 months left, they have to reveal it relatively soon, so I'd expect NX news in the coming weeks regardless of what the ''leakers'' say. It's not rocket science anymore, and Nintendo won't stealth-release this system.

Octane

dtjive

Bluefiregamer wrote:

Who wants to bet Emily Rodgers is wrong about the reveal this week?

I'm going to guess not. She was adamant that it was going to be revealed in October, so she's remaining consistent on this point. I think she might be right.

Of course, all of us who realised that September wasn't going to happen immediately started to consider the last two weeks of October as the most obvious time for an announcement. So whether she'd be right because she knew, or because it was the most obvious date is another question.

dtjive

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic