Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 5,121 to 5,140 of 69,952

MarcelRguez

Moshugan wrote:

OJ is only reporting on rumors from other people.

Which means he's not an inside source at all, let alone a reliable one.

Besides that, I'd call the remake of FFVI a red herring. One would think Square has enough FF in their plate with the launch of XV, the development of VII Remake and the remaster of XII.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

dtjive

Think we're into that two-week period now that if we don't hear about an NX reveal date by the end of it, then it's definitely going to come after Pokemon Sun/Moon and November is gonna be a looongggg wait

dtjive

Moshugan

@MarcelRguez Who would "believe upon" OJ in the first place? He's only a reporter and a speculator.
The pressure to deliver is on Tenkay and the Brazilian game site.

You're right on the FFVI remake. That sounds implausible, seeing that there's already so many unfinished projects going on at SE right now. They could announce it though, only being in the planning stage.

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

MarcelRguez

@Moshugan Oh, wait. That rumor comes from 10k? Then let me rephrase that: 10k is not a reliable source.

I guess they could do that. If they do, even as a massive FFVI fan, I wouldn't be that excited, though. Remember KH3?

MarcelRguez

skywake

gcunit wrote:

It was quite an optimistic take on things. Stuff mentioned incl 'twice as powerful as PS4, just under PS4 Pro', Vanquish 2, Final Fantasy 6 remake, an architecture that supposedly renders the differences between ARM and x86 irrelevant so anything goes....

Yeah, and a third party candidate is going to win the US election....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MarcelRguez

@Moshugan It was announced, a release date was given and then they went completely silent about it.

MarcelRguez

Moshugan

@MarcelRguez Better than Nintendo with BotW, eh?
Besides, isn't there a lot of video material of KH3?

MarcelRguez

@Moshugan Not necessarily better, if you ask me. At least BotW is still coming to Wii U. Even if it wasn't officially announced for the PS3, I know people who bought one just because of Kingdom Hearts. Imagine if the last mainline Zelda title before BotW was Twilight Princess ten years ago.

Other than that, both titles were announced on 2013, both are coming out (if KH3 isn't delayed again, which I bet it does) in 2017. Same results, different types of poison, I guess. The only problem being, Square does this way more often than they should, with FFXV being the epitome of it.

MarcelRguez

dtjive

Are people suggesting that the NX might support 4k resolution? Not a chance

dtjive

Octane

@dtjive Why not? Supporting 4K isn't difficult. HDR support would actually be nice, regardless of resolution.

Octane

dtjive

I reckon the rumours that have suggested that there's an aspect to the device that hasn't been announced yet is the scroll pads. Might also fit the Ubisoft quotes.

dtjive

Moshugan

@dtjive As far as I see, no serious sources suggest 4K, and only the most implausible rumors dare to propose it.

@BiasedSonyFan One possibility is that the Home Console version of NX will function as the SCD with the Handheld version, for whatever it's actually used.

Hnnnngh... we're a month overdue with the NX news. It will be super-lame and disconcerting if there's no NX announcements by the end of Tuesday, let alone the week's end.

dtjive

Octane wrote:

@dtjive Why not? Supporting 4K isn't difficult. HDR support would actually be nice, regardless of resolution.

Because historically Nintendo haven't chased graphical fidelity, seem to generally want to cater to mass market thus slapping on 4k sends a mixed message, have explicitly stated that for them it isn't about power and graphics. Finally almost all rumours seem to point to it being an underpowered machine with 1080p resolution at best.

dtjive

DjLewe78

It might mean 4k or HDR entertainment streaming like new xbox slim. So that's Netflix, Amazon and such. Not games

1 up !

Octane

@dtjive I've said this before, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't include HDMI 2.0. You don't have to use it, just support it. HDR support would be appreciated though. I don't need Nintendo games running at 4K personally, and I don't think we're getting that at all. But HDMI 2.0 is pretty standard today, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't support it.

Octane

parallaxscroll

People seem to forget that pixel resolution and graphical fidelity (or complexity) are two entirely separate things. Theoretically you could have extremely complex graphics & lighting that resemble offline rendered CG, and do that at 1080p or even 720p resolution, yet graphics would still be an order of magnitude better than your typical PC game run at 4K resolution.

parallaxscroll

Octane

Every week seems to be rumoured as the week the NX will be revealed. I believe it when it's official.

Octane

TuVictus

Regardless of the actual reveal, the investor meeting should shed some type of light on Nintendos going ons for early next year at least.

And Emily Rogers predicted an October reveal so her saying it's either this week or the last week possible in October is expected.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

@Operative Speaking of Emily: she's so sure something's going to happen in the upcoming weeks that she set her Twitter profile to public again. Posted something along the lines of "this and next week should be interesting"

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic