Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,921 to 4,940 of 69,981

skywake

Ramming the point home. This is the entire list of upcoming games on Nintendo platforms at a local retailer:

October:
Paper Mario: Color Splash - Wii U
Skylanders Imaginators - Wii U
Just Dance 2017 - Wii U & Wii
Mario Party Star Rush - 3DS
Yokai Watch 2 - 3DS
Disney Magical World 2 - 3DS
Rhythm Paradise Megamix - 3DS

November:
Sega 3D Classics Collection - 3DS
Pokemon Sun/Moon - 3DS

December:
Super Mario Maker 3DS

TBA
Zelda: BotW - Wii U
Pikmin - 3DS
Dragon Quest VIII - 3DS
Ever Oasis - 3DS

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

@skywake You forgot Mario Sports Superstars.

Edit: And Dragon Ball Fusions in December.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

skywake

@IceClimbers
I didn't, they're just not listed at this retailer yet. And in any case it's still not a lot of content. By comparison the PS4 has about two and a half pages of upcoming releases on that same site. With 36 items per page.

Including hardware the 3DS has 18 items for pre-order, the Wii U has 4, the Wii has 1. And for the 3DS that includes 5 items for Pokemon Sun/Moon. Two versions, two hardware bundles and a special edition 3DS XL. It's pretty bleak.

Edited on by skywake

FragRed

@Bolt_Strike Indeed I think Nintendo has pretty much revealed everything coming out for their two current platforms between now and NX launch hence the 3DS Direct which also contained the odd Wii U game, kinda get it all out the way.

I notice Nintendo aren't doing much to push Color Splash as far as marketing goes. I wonder if this is a sign they are gearing up to use those resources for the NX reveal and launch. Any day from Monday would be a good time to say something regards to an actual reveal date, even if that reveal date isn't October.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

faint

@FragRed I don't use cable but stream a lot. I can't watch anything on Hulu without seeing a color splash advertisement. Im in the us btw.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

FragRed

@faint Ahh interesting, I don't use any streaming service so I am not sure if they are marketing it that way here in the UK. I just expected a giant advert on most gaming sites like they usually do.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

gcunit

MarcelRguez wrote:

Boogie elaborates on his previous comments: https://m.reddit.com/r/boogie2988/comments/5689cc/about_the_n...

tl;dr version: he is getting his info from anon sources, doesn't know what the "portable" does.

tl;dr my interpretation - there's no reason to buy into these rumours any more than anything else.

Meanwhile, another week of me checking the site for solid news, or anything, ticks by...

I load the homepage and right now I'm like:

Untitled

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

rallydefault

faint wrote:

@FragRed I don't use cable but stream a lot. I can't watch anything on Hulu without seeing a color splash advertisement. Im in the us btw.

That is very interesting to hear, because I've seen zero advertisements for Color Splash. I don't have Netflix or Hulu, but I watch a fair amount of Youtube every day, and we always have our television on in the background. (I'm in U.S.)

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

The main video advert I've seen on places like Youtube and Twitch recently is Gears 4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

@BiasedSonyFan I am not sure how much Nintendo software output will increase. The Wii U had very slow software release schedule, full of droughts. The 3DS has had a pretty good software release schedule but the NX is rumored to be more powerful than the Wii U. So even if software releases are twice as often on NX compared to the Wii U, is that enough?

One reason I don't like the hybrid idea is because all of Nintendo's eggs are in this basket. If the NX doesn't work out, they don't have anything to fall back on. With the NX replacing both types of systems, what are the sales expectations? Could it possibly do well enough? Is that possible? I don't know.

I am fine with a handheld that can be played on the TV. I don't like the idea of the TV mode having more power. I also don't like the idea of detachable controllers. It is another thing that can be broken. I would rather have a separate controller to play games on the TV. I really hope there is a lot more than what we have heard about with the NX.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

@DefHalan
It's not as simple as saying their output would "double", I actually think it'd be somewhat more than that. Just to make a simple point here's a breakdown of the games published by Nintendo in 2014. The peak of the Wii U and 3DS. Note that this includes games developed by third parties but published by Nintendo. Though the point is relatively the same.

Total games: 37
Wii U: 15
3DS: 22
Retail: 25
eShop: 12

And the point being tried to make here is that NX output = 3DS output + Wii U output. Or less because the 3DS is a non-HD system and we're moving to HD now. But there's a third factor you're not considering.

Duplicate releases in 2014:

• Mario Kart 8 (was already on 3DS)
  • Smash Bros for 3DS (was on both)
  • Ultimate NES Remix (already existed on Wii U)
  • Pushmo World (basically already exited on 3DS)

So the formula isn't Wii U + 3DS. It might be Wii U + 3DS * HD burden or something. But if that's the case then it's Wii U + 3DS * HD Burden - Duplicate effort. So if in 2014 there were 37 games published by Nintendo and the split was 15 Wii U, 22 3DS? Lets say a HD game takes twice the effort on average.

Home Console = 15 Games
Portable = 22 Games
Hybrid Approach = 15 + 22 * 0.5 + 4 = 30 Games (20 retail, 10 eShop)

That isn't bad. At all.

Edited on by skywake

rallydefault

@DefHalan
But Nintendo does have something to "fall back on" if the NX doesn't fully pan out: mobile. They've been making it more and more obvious that they are throwing their hat fully into the smartphone arena, and I don't see that going away anytime soon. They have a pretty consistent mobile release schedule ahead of them for at least the next couple years, and this new Mario iPhone game shows that they may have some more surprise games up their sleeves to pad things out even more.

And I don't really think the NX is going to completely bomb. If it fails, it will "fail" by doing around Wii U-level sales, maybe even a bit more. I just think the 2-in-1, take-it-anywhere concept is going to attract more families and more 3DS owners, which is exactly what Nintendo needs. If they can rollover the majority of the 3DS crowd to the NX early in its life, they'll have an excellent base to attract 3rd parties and get media attention.

rallydefault

Samurai_Goroh

I predicted earlier that the NX would be revealed this past week. I was wrong, just to get it on record and all.
Nintendo, what is wrong with you?

Samurai_Goroh

Grumblevolcano

Color Splash came today and an eshop leaflet came with it. One promoting stuff you can download on the eshop but also a big section on My Nintendo. Hadn't seen it appear with any other games like Mario & Sonic 2016 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions so figured it may be of interest to this thread especially due to this being the last Wii U exclusive as far as we know.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

I predicted earlier that the NX would be revealed this past week. I was wrong, just to get it on record and all.
Nintendo, what is wrong with you?

They just wanted to prove you wrong

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic