Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,521 to 4,540 of 69,981

IceClimbers

But how much would an NX port of Sun/Moon affect sales in November?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

dtjive

WebHead wrote:

@IceClimbers so zelda gets delayed but not pokemon?

Just playing devils advocate for a moment...

1. Nintendo probably might feel that they can't delay both games as otherwise what the Nibelsnarf do they have for Christmas 2016?
2. Given that people knew about Zelda (and the heavy rumours circling an NX port) it might have been they chose this one over Pokemon to be delayed for a dual release.
3. Who is to say that an NX port of Pokemon would be Sun/Moon. We might have a Red/Blue/Yellow type situation on our hands. Pokemon Earth/Galaxy with exclusive NX version pokemon?

Point is it would make much more sense to delay Zelda and not Pokemon.

Watch the language please...-Joey

Edited on by Joeynator3000

dtjive

MarcelRguez

@dtjive Preach it.

@WebHead Yes, because Zelda is a franchise 100% owned by Nintendo and they have full control about such matters. In Pokémon's case, there are more parties involved. The situation is probably much more complex.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

dtjive

WebHead wrote:

@dtjive well imo pokemon should be able to sell on its own merits. 3ds didnt deter pokemon black and white.

I agree with you. I'm still believing that it'll be revealed before November, but then again, I've been surprised by Nintendo's decisions thus far so i'm trying to remain grounded.

dtjive

DefHalan

I don't think a NX port of Sun & Moon is in the works. I could See Eclipse (or Stars or whatever the 3rd version will be called) being on the NX but a port is probably not going to happen.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

WebHead

@DefHalan yeah nintendo systems never launch with poke. I maintain that some things have not gone to plan and that they still don't know how to properly, effectively present this supposed hybrid concept.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

dtjive

DefHalan wrote:

I don't think a NX port of Sun & Moon is in the works. I could See Eclipse (or Stars or whatever the 3rd version will be called) being on the NX but a port is probably not going to happen.

Well, any third version would still likely be a port of Sun/Moon. It would probably just go beyond a basic port though by: changing the name, including new Pokemon, include one/two new features. I'd fully expect that the game would be essentially the same though.

dtjive

DefHalan

dtjive wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Well, any third version would still likely be a port of Sun/Moon. It would probably just go beyond a basic port though by: changing the name, including new Pokemon, include one/two new features. I'd fully expect that the game would be essentially the same though.

It would just be the 3rd version of the game released a year or two later. I don't see them porting Sun & Moon unless there is a plan not to have a Pokemon game in 2017, which seems unlikely. Even if there is no new Pokemon game in 2017, it is still hard to imagine a Sun & Moon port. When have they ever ported a Pokemon game to a new generation, no matter how late that game came out in that generation? Never.

IceClimbers

@DefHalan That's because there was always backwards compatibility with the previous system. No port was needed. Now we're looking at a strong possibility of no BC with 3DS games. As a result, I could see a Sun/Moon port happening.

Also, I think sequels to Sun/Moon are far more likely than a 3rd version. Of course, there's also the possibility that Sun/Moon is the only Gen 7 entry, and that they'd just go straight to Gen 8 on NX. The anime is even set up to allow that to happen.

Octane

IceClimbers wrote:

Now we're looking at a strong possibility of no BC with 3DS games.

Why's that? If anything, I'd expect 3DS BC more than no BC at all. The only hurdle I see is that it may imply that the NX needs a second card slot, other than it, there's not really a reason to exclude 3DS BC.

Octane

IceClimbers

@Octane Didn't the Eurogamer rumor indicate no BC at all?

erv

Nibelsnarf!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

DefHalan

IceClimbers wrote:

That's because there was always backwards compatibility with the previous system. No port was needed. Now we're looking at a strong possibility of no BC with 3DS games. As a result, I could see a Sun/Moon port happening.

There is a possibility of no BC with 3DS, but there is a possibility of anything at this point. I would still not expect a port of Sun & Moon. I am not sure how a modern Pokemon game will look/handle on a single screen system.

IceClimbers wrote:

Also, I think sequels to Sun/Moon are far more likely than a 3rd version. Of course, there's also the possibility that Sun/Moon is the only Gen 7 entry, and that they'd just go straight to Gen 8 on NX. The anime is even set up to allow that to happen.

There could be a sequel but they have only done that once. I would welcome a sequel as it changes things around but Sun & Moon are already feeling like a sequel to X & Y. So I would say a 3rd version or Gen 8 is more likely.

Octane

@IceClimbers Can't remember. They also talked about a September reveal. Regardless of what they said, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Especially since, and assuming it was all true, they were talking about a dev kit or prototype of some sort. Maybe it didn't include the 3DS port. Then again, I don't think they even mentioned the size and type of NX cartridges. Could be that the box was a digital-only box, just because it was a dev kit. Makes sense; dev kits don't really need disc drives or card slots.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead I guess that probably means the NX is been revealed sometime after it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano Or maybe they just don't plan to have public hands on right way and want all the attention on it, without the holiday stuff.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Haru17

Since when did Paris Games Week matter to not-French people? Not a slight.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic