Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 69,983

FragRed

I don't think Amazon knows the exact date the NX will be launching, it's likely just a placeholder. Also the start date to pre-order the bundle again is a placeholder for Amazon's own purposes more likely than being linked to anything particular reveal wise.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarcelRguez

Google tells me that the 3DS and the Wii U came out on a Saturday and on a Sunday respectively.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

TuVictus

Nintendo tends to release games on Fridays (Something I applaud them for. It's a great way to end a week). Though admittedly I don't recall their hardware releases.

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

@Octane I'm going by American dates since that was Amazon.com

@FragRed Wouldn't March 31st be the usual placeholder date? "Launches March 25" doesn't sound like a placeholder to me.

MarcelRguez

rallydefault

@Octane
The Xbox definitely won't disappear. Shockingly few gamers actually know how to/even want to build their own PC, so many "PC gamers" are actually still people who buy a pre-built job from something like a Best Buy or a website, and then they wonder why the thing is obsolete in two years, and they go right back to consoles.

rallydefault

Octane

$390.. Sure, that's either a joke, or they're delusional. Anyway, coincidence I think; Nothing to see here.

Octane

FragRed

@SLIGEACH_EIRE That's not real. For starters it looks so uncomfortable to hold, the two parts coming together to form a single controller looks even worse and it has that 90s plastic colour to it which is not something Nintendo are going to do.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarcelRguez

That's a fake mock-up, and the guy that put it up speaks French. That Tweet from Amazon might be a fake of his too.

MarcelRguez

IceClimbers

That's fake.

Anyways, now that PlayStation Meeting has passed and the price of the PS4 Slim has been revealed as $299, Nintendo has some breathing room - they can get away with the $250 price.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MarcelRguez

That same guy uploaded the screenshot with the Amazon tweet, so we might as well ignore it.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

IceClimbers

Kimishima: "We will reveal the NX on October 15th and that is final."

Reggie: "But sir! That's 5 days after Starbucks is expected to reveal their newest Frap!"

Kimishima: "****. November it is."

Octane

@AlternateButtons Just different people. Don't think I ever saw Yamauchi make a public appearance. And whilst I do think that NA is an absolute joke during public appearances (Bill's pretty great in interview though, as long as he's not ''acting''), I do think Iwata always did great job.

Octane

Samurai_Goroh

@AlternateButtons Just goes to show the extraordinary human being Iwata was. I don't know a multimillion $ company CEO that does the kind of things he did. We had a direct line of communication with the president of Nintendo, but that's highly unusual both for Nintendo's own history and the corporate world.
Kimishima is more of a finance guy. He has an impressive resume and is probably very engaged in making the company go back to the "it prints money!" phase whilst causing minimal disruption with the existing consumer base - that means us. Or so I hope.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

GrailUK

@AlternateButtons If ya want the SNES glory days back, then ya gotta have a business man at the helm and game designers in the studios.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Moshugan

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Here's the image again. This time ye should have no problem seeing it.

Untitled

This can't possibly be real. Why on earth would some people at Amazon have written such a tweet right now? And I seriously doubt that Nintendo would use NX as the final name.

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

rallydefault

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

@AlternateButtons Just goes to show the extraordinary human being Iwata was. I don't know a multimillion $ company CEO that does the kind of things he did. We had a direct line of communication with the president of Nintendo, but that's highly unusual both for Nintendo's own history and the corporate world.
Kimishima is more of a finance guy. He has an impressive resume and is probably very engaged in making the company go back to the "it prints money!" phase whilst causing minimal disruption with the existing consumer base - that means us. Or so I hope.

Although I think the "direct line of communication" comment is really erroneous, I agree with everything else. Iwata was amazing. And it was clear to everyone that he loved games, and was truly one of the few "big 3" CEOs ever who could claim such intimate knowledge of gaming from all sides. Still very sad we no longer have him.

So yea, I think we do have to get used to the "new normal," in a way. But the moves the company has been taking lately are pretty exciting, to be honest. I'm pretty pumped about it!

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

IceClimbers

So what colors should the NX be available in at launch? What colors do you want the NX to be available in?

DefHalan

@IceClimbers The see through Purple that GameBoy Colors had
Untitled

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic