Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 69,983

Octane

I'd argue that this month would be the right time to announce the system. They've gathered some talk from Zelda at E3, Pokemon GO and Mario iOS. Don't anmounce it a day in advance; and preferably a press conference, instead of a regular old Direct.

Octane

FragRed

@Octane I don't know if there's time to announce a press conference and get the media outlets there by the end of September. Sony gave a months notice, so I can see Nintendo going for a Direct approach.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

WebHead

it's probably going to be a global direct hosted by reggie, shibata, and moriomoto. with some bill of course.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@FragRed Ideally they should've planned ahead. Oh well, I think you're right though, it's too late for that now.

Octane

DjLewe78

I think in Nintendos head, with the announcement of Mario run, they will feel it's enough for now. Once again it's just a tiny percent of people screaming for more info about NX.
It's also summer, Nintendos target audience is out down the beach, on holiday, surfing, or whatever. Let the summer die down and that's when they will release info.
All of my PS4 playing mates still haven't heard of PS PRO even though it's been revealed. They have all been busy enjoying life

1 up !

WebHead

@DjLewe78 -yawn- all i know is old man ninty is gonna have to show this thing at some point.

WebHead

WebHead

DjLewe78 wrote:

@WebHead

Well yeah at some point. Well done x

dont get the hold up honestly unless its not coming out in march. 6 months away and the systems and launch titles arent ready to show?

WebHead

DjLewe78

It's stratigic. I think the summer is the worse time to announce anything as like I said people will be busy and not keeping to much on eye on indoor entertainment. I think 4 weeks minimum unfortunately

1 up !

WebHead

@DjLewe78 well fall is about a week away and they have no releases until oct. 7th. so i think the last week of this month would be best time to unveil it.

WebHead

Octane

So wait, every company can announce something during summer, yet Ninty can't because some people may be at the beach? Summer is over where I live, everyone's back to work, I think that's true for most people. I don't buy that argument.

They've captured everyone's attention, now it's the prime time to reveal their next big thing; now more than ever. I wouldn't be an issue if they had still games coming to the Wii U, but there's nothing to look forward to at the moment.

Octane

WebHead

@Octane yes they have everyones attention. lets hope they are smart enough to capitalize on it. strike while the iron is hot

WebHead

FragRed

@DjLewe78 To be fair the Sony reveal was so boring, I'd be surprised if anyone attending or watching it knew the PS4 Pro had been revealed.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TuVictus

The logical and smart thing to do would be to reveal it while all eyes are on them. But this is Nintendo, and their decisions usually don't overlap with the "logical and smart" circle.

TuVictus

faint

@Octane that's a sports game tho. Kids at the store with their parents are going to see what looks like a main line Mario game. Also every paper Mario has sold over a million.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Octane

@faint I just looked at the Paper Mario sales. Didn't know they were that high.. Maybe it has a chance after all.

Octane

GrailUK

@Operative Marketing nowadays is more like playing poker than 'logic' lol. It is interesting that Sony and Microsoft announcements have not forced Nintendo to show their hand. Sure they could be bluffing, but after winning E3 without even having a full deck, I think Sony and Microsoft are a million miles away from what Nintendo are holding...and so they are letting them up the ante. If I was a Sony fan, I would be very worried about the meeting. It looked like corporate suicide to me and Microsoft should be licking their lips over that pclite market lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@GrailUK We'll probably see more months where Xbox One outsells PS4 after that mess of a meeting. July and August both already saw that happen but I definitely feel a comeback happening.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Apparently Sony also doesn't allow for mods on Fallout or Skyrim for whatever reason. They're getting too cocky and I definitely see Microsoft continuing to make a comeback, especially if the Scorpio wipes the floor with the Ps4Pro. And I hope it does, as someone that only owns a PS4. I don't want Sony going back to their early PS3 days.

TuVictus

Octane

@Operative I think MS effectively destroyed their chances by making all games available on PC too. I mean, I don't think the Xbox brand will disappear, but it's one less reason to own one.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic