Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 69,995

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Well think of the NX handheld part as a tablet and maybe that will make more sense to you? You can play plenty of mobile games on tablets.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Vinny

At first I thought it was a console, then a hybrid. Now I don't even know. The rumors keep coming but Nintendo keeps their mouth shut.

At the beggining of the year I was very hyped to see it but now, I feel more like "they'll show it when they show it".

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Well mobile titles unlocking stuff in the main games, like Animal Crossing mobile has some connection to a main game though we don't know if New Leaf or a NX title.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kobashi100

Well I certainly don't think all these leakes are BS. All signs lead to a handheld console.

Shocked that people are still in denial and believe NX will be a home console.

kobashi100

skywake

IceClimbers wrote:

@Octane How it does not make sense? If it's primarily a handheld and it has a 6 inch multitouch screen, there's no reason to think it wouldn't have ports of Nintendo's mobile games.

There's no reason to think it's going to get these games by default either. I think Nintendo has made it clear enough that they have a mobile strategy and a dedicated hardware strategy. The games on both will be different. I wouldn't bet on there being much crossover.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

isaiahhoyt

Well i have insider information so i've never said this on nintendo life but i work at nintendo and i'm working on the nx so heres what i know about the nx

The final name is the Nonx the reason why is because its not there but its like its there

The nonx® gimmic is its has no ram no power and no technical stuff whatsoever it runs on the power of

your imagination and the best thing its not limited by physical crap like being there

Nintendo will instead of obtuse physical disks and cartridges nintendo will see imaginacarts®
imaginacarts® will just be little booklets that give the greatest ideas ever thought
the best thing about the nonx® is the games are going to be cheap $20 for all games and the system is going to be $50 dollers what a great deal it will never make any noise and you can bring
it everywhere and anywhere you want and all you have to do i say the magic words that come with the nonx® and the magic words are suited just for you the nonx® will come in one package the nonx® superduper family fun pack super bundle it comes with 10 idea booklets one nonx® super-secretmagicalfunwords® for just $50

I just can't wait the nonx® and best of all its already out just say "there will be nonx® forever" cause if you say it

it will come true

isaiahhoyt

FragRed

I guess now it's a matter of playing the waiting game as to see how soon Nintendo decides to show the NX. It still feels like the 3DS games they showed yesterday were mainly aimed at keeping the user based engaged and buying, keep a cash flow coming in up to the NX launch rather than worrying too much about attracting new people to buy, apart from with Pokemon of course.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DjLewe78

I feel they are waiting out this Sony announcement on 9/7. Rumours are that POSSIBLY (here we go again) a new handheld will be shown, and even if not if Nintendo does indeed have new tech or new cloud based streaming, Sony cant copy it at all

Either that or its Games, not enough for release in first 6 months so hold it back.

I've learnt that (although they deffinatly shouldn't) Nintendo never meets a release date, so when they said March, they mean September. Simples x

1 up !

skywake

DjLewe78 wrote:

I've learnt that (although they deffinatly shouldn't) Nintendo never meets a release date, so when they said March, they mean September. Simples x

Single software releases are one thing, a platform launch is a bit different. They won't hold back the launch of the NX just for one piece of content. They won't want to get the third parties that they do have on board annoyed either. There are also distribution channels and supply chains that exist for hardware that don't exist for software.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

@DjLewe78 Maybe it's the other way around; Nintendo wants to know what the NEO is

Share button, split d-pad..? I don't know, but it look like they're starting to loose originality.

Octane

FragRed

@DjLewe78 Yeah I don't think Sony are launching any new handholds. The Vita flopped and the market is drastically shrinking. Also they just launched a studio to focus on making mobile games using their IP so I think that shows where Sony is looking to move forward.

Edited on by FragRed

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DjLewe78

@skywake

Maybe its the third parties holding them back???

If they have target amount of games and that's not met due to complications then maybe they wont show it until they have the games ?

1 up !

dtjive

FragRed wrote:

It still feels like the 3DS games they showed yesterday were mainly aimed at keeping the user based engaged and buying, keep a cash flow coming in up to the NX launch rather than worrying too much about attracting new people to buy, apart from with Pokemon of course.

Agreed 100%. It was surprising to see some 2017 3DS titles given I expected there would be nothing for either system in 2017 if the NX is taking over them, but at the same time it's not like either 2017 game is a huge A title that will sell like hotcakes. Mario Sports Superstars is like a 1.5 game. It's a rehash of Mario Tennis/Golf already on the 3DS with a few new sports included, and Pikmin whilst a little more surprising isn't exactly going to boost 3DS sales.

The games announced yesterday feel mostly (perhaps Pikmin excluded) like cheap ways to keep pumping out titles for the 3DS over the next 6 or so months without using up too many resources. And as I said yesterday, for all we know, there might be NX versions of some of those games that fill out the launch line up. It's curious that Pikmin wasn't given a definitive title... perhaps because calling it Pikmin 4 might ruin the surprise that this game is also an NX title?

dtjive

Grandpa_Pixel

Hey guys a thought. What if the NX is not revealed during Directs but an NX Direct follows its announcement? It's always possible that they will show it off at an event first

Grandpa_Pixel

FragRed

@dtjive Yoshi's Woolly World wasn't made internally to begin with so Nintendo can easily get the same developer to port it, Super Mario Maker wouldn't need much resources and I guess that's why features were removed - keep costs and team size to a minimal, Pikmin I believe is also outsourced as is Mario Sports Superstars I would imagine. So really there's nothing Nintendo is internally doing which means they can continue putting all their teams to work with the NX.

WebHead

@FragRed I imagine after 2016 is over just about everyone who wanted 3ds has bought one. I definitely think that Nintendo was waiting for Neo reveal too.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

FragRed

@WebHead Well we've known dates for Sony's conference for about a month so hopefully Nintendo have selected an appropriate date fairly soon afterwards to make their official reveal. Definitely before end of the month.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic