Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 69,981

rallydefault

If the NX had a 3G/4G option, I wouldn't go for it. WiFi networks are pretty much everywhere, and like @skywake said, the thing probably wouldn't even be leaving my house much. If I would take it with me on vacation or something, chances are the hotel/vacation home would have WiFi to just use there. For me, personally, buying a model with mobile capability would be interesting, but ultimately a waste of my money due to almost 100% being on/near a WiFi network anyway. (U.S.)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

skywake

@Therad
I believe there is a $5/mo deal for a second sim here also but I think it's only on specific plans. Not quite sure which ones. But even then tethering the device to your phone is free. So I've never seen any reason to look into it. I'm sure there are times when it would be useful but I've never seen the point.

And even if I really did see the need for a second plan? I wouldn't pay a premium for mobile capable devices. I'd just get one of those portable hotspots or a phone that had dual-sims.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Samurai_Goroh

@Therad Where in Europe, if I may ask? The Telecom landscape varies immensely even from countries inside the EU.
By the way, I'm in the EU as well, Portugal to be specific, but I would not be surprised in the slightest to be getting the short end of the stick on this matter too.
Here, we tend to have 4-way integrated packages, Television (cable or satellite), Telephone (land line), Mobile Phone and Home Internet (ADSL or Fibre), but the packages are more expensive.
Like I said if Nintendo went this route, I'd hope they made some specific deals with carriers. Otherwise, it wouldn't work out.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

@MarcelRguez No es de extrañar, hermano. Here the formal consumers complaints for telecom services are the majority of the total complaints issued for all services and trade. It is by far one of the sorest spots for consumer frustration. Plus, when you sign a contract for one of those packages, it's like you signed an oath in blood with the carrier. The recurring joke is that it is sometimes easier to get a divorce settlement than to terminate the contract with the Telecom company.
Oh, well... I'm rambling on and went off-topic. Back to Nx, people...

Samurai_Goroh

Therad

@Samurai_Goroh Sweden. And you have to bind your subscription for 24 months. We have those kind of packages too, but I don't think most people use them. No one has landlines anymore, and in the cities we usually have fibre connections now.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I imagine Nintendo and/or DeNA are ramping up back end development work on the infrastructure readying up for the NX. Though probably nothing to do with a reveal sadly.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Samurai_Goroh

@FragRed I figure it might have something to do with updating the network on 3DS and Wii U for Nintendo Account, MyNintendo and such.

Samurai_Goroh

MarcelRguez

@Samurai_Goroh Yeah, same here. It's easier to chop one of your own limbs off than to jump from one provider to another.

But yeah, let's stay on topic. I don't know what that maintenance could mean, but it does line up with some other rumored dates for the reveal, namely the 13th. I don't think it means anything, but it's kinda funny.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Farmboy74

I'm with @Skywake, on 3G or 4G NX, can't see the point and can't see it selling a lot of units. When my wifi only iPad leaves the house on the odd occasion, the first thing I do is to tether it to mobile phone if there is no Wifi available. Just had a look on O2 4G sim only 4G and they are charging £20 a month for 15GB.

Personally I think Nintendo would be better off selling a wifi unit only.

Farmboy74

dtjive

Putting money on it now:

Pikmin and Mario Superstars will also be on the NX

dtjive

FragRed

@dtjive I'd add Super Mario Maker to that list also, seems more likely now after that Direct.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

WebHead

i do think therell be a home console at some point. just a matter of when and what its killer feature will be.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MarcelRguez

So, about that Animal Crossing direct on November 2nd...

I'm expecting they'll reveal the mobile Animal Crossing game at that time. Since the NX is rumored to be able to play those mobile games (or was that official info?), I'd expect them to reveal the NX before that date, to talk about the game in full. Assuming that, we can narrow the reveal window a little bit more: either it's revealed in the upcoming weeks or before the end of October.

Makes sense, or am I just making thing up?

MarcelRguez

WebHead

MarcelRguez wrote:

So, about that Animal Crossing direct on November 2nd...

I'm expecting they'll reveal the mobile Animal Crossing game at that time. Since the NX is rumored to be able to play those mobile games (or was that official info?), I'd expect them to reveal the NX before that date, to talk about the game in full. Assuming that, we can narrow the reveal window a little bit more: either it's revealed in the upcoming weeks or before the end of October.

Makes sense, or am I just making thing up?

i think so too and the AC direct will focus on AC NX.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@MarcelRguez That's definitely not official.. but why would the NX play mobile games? That doesn't make much sense.

Octane

MarcelRguez

@WebHead And that too, I don't know why I was skipping that.

@Octane Stronger MyNintendo integration on the NX? Honestly, I have no idea. In any case, just swap AC mobile for AC NX if that makes more sense.

MarcelRguez

IceClimbers

@Octane How it does not make sense? If it's primarily a handheld and it has a 6 inch multitouch screen, there's no reason to think it wouldn't have ports of Nintendo's mobile games.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@IceClimbers They're currently not on 3DS either. They could do it, I just don't see it happening. Why would anyone get them on NX when you can get them on your phone?

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic