Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 69,962

TuVictus

NEO is coming this year and we haven't seen a single thing from it?

Are Nintendo and Sony just trying to wait each other out for first details of their consoles? Haha

TuVictus

Octane

@Grumblevolcano My bad, I was thinking of early September for TGS. Maybe it is Gamescom then, Sony hasn't said a word yet regarding a possible conference. Who knows? It worked for Microsoft and the XOne S though, nobody's making a fuss about that, and that thing is already out! I'm convinced that these mid-gen upgrades don't really need to build a lot of hype in the timespan of several months when it's just a small update. If it doesn't do anything new that can be shown, there's no reason to reveal it very early.

Octane

WebHead

@Octane both Xbox and ps have confirmed no games on pressers.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

FragRed

@Octane Only because the E3 reveal was cancelled due to some problems Nintendo were having with the hardware from what I understand after a quick Google. So maybe that is what happened with the NX. But I haven't heard anything that Nintendo are attending the TGS this year, though I did come across this (I am not saying I believe this article, but this is Nintendo) http://wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-not-revealed-tgs-2016/. I think I have seen this elsewhere too.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@Operative I think everyone would've said the same if you said, just before E3, that Microsoft was going to release an Xbox One upgrade in just 2.5 months.

Octane

Octane

@FragRed I think the rumours said that Ninty didn't have enough NX games ready for E3. If that's true, that makes you wonder what they've been doing all this time!

Octane

FragRed

@Octane I wonder if Zelda was going to be that big NX reveal demo but it wasn't ready so they swapped it for the Wii U at the last moment with plans to reveal the rest of the games later this year.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

WebHead

@Octane could also be logistics/production issues too. Maybe Old Man Kimi saw some things he didn't like.

WebHead

FragRed

@WebHead If the NX rumours are true that its essentially a reverse Wii U, I can understand him not being too pleased with some areas of it. He is the one who foresaw the Wii U failing after all.

WebHead

@Operative Andrew house said they're going for an apple style reveal and release.

WebHead

Octane

I'm not sure if an E3 reveal was ever their intention. But now I do wonder when they will reveal the system. It's a new after all, and they can't just reveal it and release it. These big events are kinda important for press coverage. Basically anyone can come in and play the system, and that's a big deal. Unless they're planning to host their own event, just like Sony does. But that's pretty expensive and not something I'd expect from Nintendo.

Octane

WebHead

@Octane leak says September. So probably their own thing.

WebHead

FragRed

@Octane Which is more reason why a TGS reveal makes no sense because outside of Japan, you won't get many people from the Western media being able to try out the NX. So if this thing isn't available at Gamescom then Nintendo have truly lost the plot and are just looking for reasons to make it fail.

WebHead

@FragRed Nintendo does have a gamescom booth this year.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

FragRed

@WebHead Yes, I know but it doesn't seem like they are revealing the NX as they haven't said a word about it and the event is coming in just a couple of weeks. Though according to @Octane we do know the games they are showcasing. Zelda for Wii U and a few 3DS titles.

IceClimbers

FragRed wrote:

@Octane Which is more reason why a TGS reveal makes no sense because outside of Japan, you won't get many people from the Western media being able to try out the NX. So if this thing isn't available at Gamescom then Nintendo have truly lost the plot and are just looking for reasons to make it fail.

You have a separate media-only event at the same time or sometime beforehand. Not that hard.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

rallydefault

IceClimbers wrote:

FragRed wrote:

You have a separate media-only event at the same time or sometime beforehand. Not that hard.

And yea, it's also not a decade ago. I feel like these days the gaming media from all over the world is pretty much at everything, even smaller "cons" and stuff like that. I have no doubt that the Western major outlets will be at TGS en masse.

rallydefault

FragRed

This is the official list of attendees who will be at TGS this year. A quick search didn't come up with Nintendo's name which suggests that they won't be there.

http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2016/public/en/map/list/index....

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo will probably reveal the NX via a Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic