Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 69,981

erv

@skywake: don't worry I disagree with almost everything but still enjoy your posts And speculation that is ludicrous can be and sometimes is quite a bit of fun. I still think the NX has more dimensions to it though, like @OlicityBlows implies, than just the likelihood that it's a portable.
Oh wait, I do agree on at least something

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

WebHead

Another fact in favor of the portable idea: none of the 3ds games from Nintendo releasing next year are made by internal teams.(EPD)

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Rumorlife

At this point, it sounds like it may be a "regular" console, with no gamepad, Wii remotes, or odd controllers by default. Or something that is a hybrid and evolves the gamepad into a portable thing.

By the time this thing is out I hope they retire the Wii remotes honestly, but they've released so many new Super Mario designs and the Smash pads and etc it feels like they'll continue it on forever. If they don't the NX is going to have 57,000 controllers that may be compatible...
WiiU Gamepad(?), WiiU Pro, Wii remote, Wii Classic (with it's like 4 variations), Nunchucks, maybe even the 3DS (as in the case with Smash WiiU). Thank goodness Wii Wheels aren't an actual controller.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

3DS_excel

I'm not upset. I just came on here to see what people thought and went back the last few pages to see back and forth replies like I mentioned. You could be told by 100 people you are wrong but you would still insist you're right. Its not about being offended I think it just spoils the fun. @skywake:

I hope the NX is bright pink, with marshmallows for buttons, no online capabilities and of course magnetic disks and graphic capabilities up there with the Sega Master System

Edited on by 3DS_excel

Mr Money In the Bank!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2208-5483

skywake

3DS_excel wrote:

I'm not upset. I just came on here to see what people thought and went back the last few pages to see back and forth replies like I mentioned. You could be told by 100 people you are wrong but you would still insist you're right.

I think you're misreading my tone. Though I will add that being open minded is only a virtue to a point. If you open your mind up too much your brain will fall out

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

hirobo2

The NX will have all of its processing power on the gamepad. There will be a sort of receiving station that allows you to stream contents from the gamepad to your TV. And when you take the gamepad with you on the go, you're actually taking the whole system with you minus the TV receiver/charger. This will be the only way to make sense of a hybrid system that doesn't have an optical disk drive.

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Mister_Wu

@hirobo2: The receiving station could be the Wii U, as AMD's UVD is perfectly capable of 1080p60 decoding...

Mister_Wu

hirobo2

Mister_Wu wrote:

@hirobo2: The receiving station could be the Wii U, as AMD's UVD is perfectly capable of 1080p60 decoding...

That makes sense. Instead of pissing off existing Wii U owners, they could save $50-$75 off the hybrid system by not buying the TV receiver and use their Wii U to do the same task.

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Nicolai

3DS-excel wrote:

You could be told by 100 people you are wrong but you would still insist you're right. Its not about being offended I think it just spoils the fun.

I don't think there's anything wrong with sticking to your opinion, I do it all the time. And for the record, I agree with Skywake, I don't think a true hybrid console is feasible without some major drawbacks.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

cookiex

WebHead wrote:

Another fact in favor of the portable idea: none of the 3ds games from Nintendo releasing next year are made by internal teams.(EPD)

The same can be said about Wii U when you consider that all the EPD-made titles scheduled for next year were supposed to come out this year.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

GrailUK

I think the NX is going to be Nintendo making yet another big ask of third parties.
Wii - "We want your game but can you incorporate the motion controls please."
Wii U - "We want your game but can you incorporate the touch screen please."
NX - "We want your game but can you make a handheld / home console / mobile phone / pc version please. Aww go on, they use the same operating system...puh-wheeze!"

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

WebHead

i can see handheld and console launching together if they're going with the ecosystem thing. I'd probably get the console.

WebHead

shingi_70

I think NX is the actual software platform that runs on both a handheld and console so they can run similar or the same software.

The handheld is out next year and the console in 2017.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ChaseStrawberry

I think its gonna be some enhanced Wii U, There has been a lot of talk about a mobile counterpart. Also, I think the NX is gonna be packaged with a controller similar to the Wii U Pro controller because that was a lot of people's favorite controller. I'm not sure about the specs but I'm hoping for graphics that are at least as powerful as PS4 and Xbox One.

ChaseStrawberry

Nintendo Network ID: CLG_Gaming

hirobo2

NintyMan wrote:

Kimishima says NX will be a "totally new experience" and he wants it to be adopted quicker than 3DS and Wii U.
http://kotaku.com/nintendos-bold-predictions-1739577522

That settles it. NX will be a hybrid VR system that turns into a sort of 3DS when you go mobile with it. Most ppl assume that just b/c the VirtualBoy flopped doesn't mean they won't make another attempt at VR when Occulus/Facebook and Sony are doing it too!

hirobo2

Therad

@DefHalan I moved the discusssion, so we don't dilute the 5 games thread.

DefHalan wrote:

@Therad: Yes, it would be for next gen consoles. The price would be lower than the portable ($200-$250) and home ($350-$400) consoles.The difference between a google player/fire tv would be the software. The software would be Nintendo software and some 3rd Party/Indie. The goal isn't to beat google or amazon, the goal is to have a companion device to your other hardware lines that can also be a cheap entry point into the Nintendo Market.

But why would they release a companion device before the consoles they are complementing? Wouldn't it be smarter to release it when they release their next console (home or handheld)? What would it offer to the current gen (Wii U and/or 3ds)? VC is already on those system, same with media capabilities (albeit limited).

And even if they do release a micro console, do you honestly believe that a "micro console with nintendo games" beats "micro console with much more of everything but nintendo games"? Especially outside nintendo fandom?

And if everything on this console will also be on console9 and handheld9, is "stream to another room" really such an killer app that nintendo fans will buy a console for $99-149 (probably the latter, if you want a controller)? The only time I see streaming viable is for PC gamers, since they usually have a dedicated rig somewhere.

Micro console seems like the least plausible option IMHO. I have an hard time seeing the value with it. I feel that an home console with a unique twist is what nintendo is aiming for with the NX.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

erv

I still hope they keep the 3d, especially now they've got that stable version of it. It is just too awesome to game with.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Therad

erv wrote:

I still hope they keep the 3d, especially now they've got that stable version of it. It is just too awesome to game with.

How will they be able install that in my tv?

Therad

WebHead

If NX is just a portable Wii U would you guys buy it?

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic