Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 69,981

Octane

@Grumblevolcano It doesn't look like something that'll get all the big third party games, so the major online games would be Splatoon, Smash and Mario Kart; I don't think they're going to charge people for that.

Octane

WebHead

So if nx is getting dragon quest xi do you guys think it'll be closer to 3ds version or ps4 version?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

3DS

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@WebHead Based on the supposed NX leaks, it'll be a port of the 3DS just with better graphics.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

I jokingly said when they ''announced'' that Dragon Quest was coming to NX, that it might be the 3DS version, since the ''NX is a handheld'' was still open for debate. Look where we are now..

Octane

DefHalan

Something came to mind... how good could the battery be? The 3DS last 3 hours-ish. Phones last maybe 5-6 hours with constant light use, less while playing games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Frostyboy

HD 3ds Version I think. Do you think they would give up on the Clam shell design?

Swopped my Saga master system for my friend NES and iv never look back.

Miitomo - http://twitter.com/@Frostyboy

Twitter:

FragRed

@DefHalan That's a good question and I think a big part of that is going to be about what price Nintendo wants to sell the system for? I'm not sure it's going to be anything significantly better than the 3DS to be honest. Not for a cheap price point and looking at the fact it maybe using the Tegra X1.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

cwong15

I wouldn't get too hung up over X1 vs X2 as far as costs go. I agree that Nintendo must keep the price aggressively low, since this NX must serve as a secondary console. But remember that the rumors also state Nintendo got a sweetheart deal from a desperate NVidia. They may well get a custom X2 product for super cheap.

On the other hand, I don't think Nintendo can afford the docking station to be anything more than a dumb HDMI/power passthrough. We all agree that they must price very low right now. However, this does not preclude a power-dock in the FUTURE with extra CPU/GPUs, storage, ports and whatever goodies you guys are already dreaming of. That could be a future enhancement that will bring the portable-NX up to parity with a full-powered home-NX console. Remember that supplemental computing device patent?

Edited on by cwong15

cwong15

Therad

FragRed wrote:

@DefHalan That's a good question and I think a big part of that is going to be about what price Nintendo wants to sell the system for? I'm not sure it's going to be anything significantly better than the 3DS to be honest. Not for a cheap price point and looking at the fact it maybe using the Tegra X1.

If it is tegra, it has about 100x the raw processing power of the 3ds.

And the shield tablet has an MSRP of 199. But Nintendo would have a bit more tech in it presumably, so a bit higher than that. My guess is 249-299. This time around it is a much, much bigger step from 3ds to NX, than it was from the DS to 3ds.

Therad

cwong15

@Therad I think $250-$300 is too high for a secondary console. I say under $200 or bust.

cwong15

GrailUK

I want this now! If it turns out to be a red herring, I actually think I may be disappointed lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Therad

@cwong15 that really doesn't say anything. In fact, it is how the poster interprets the article.

Sony and ms would probably never enter negotiation to have tegra in their consoles, since they have continuous power, they probably would have opted for something that doesn't trade off power for energy efficiency.

I think it is the other way around. Amd is more desperate to keep ms and Sony, since they are in a much worse financial shape than Nvidia.

Therad

IceClimbers

@Therad It's about Nvidia in general, not just Tegra. Sony/MS soured on negotiations with Nvidia, and sided with AMD. Had they partnered with Nvidia, they certainly wouldn't have used Tegra. After that, Nvidia was desperate for a deal at all, and then offered Nintendo said deal.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

@IceClimbers I believe Nvidia were essentially told to make sure they got a deal with Nintendo or go home after losing out on Sony and Microsoft so I hope that what ever came of it really helps Nintendo.

gcunit

Should the current EG rumour be accurate, I hope the docking station is available at launch in at least 2 variants: one bare bones version, and one that perhaps beefs up performance and offers backwards compatibility of physical media.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@gcunit If the rumour is true, and they want BC, then they might as well include a Wii U in the package, because this thing isn't going to be backwards compatible. Keep your Wii U if you want to play all your Wii U games in the future.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Also if the rumour is true, I'd imagine the dock is rather small so you can have your Wii U still setup as if the NX never existed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic