Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 69,981

erv

If it fails in the console space, I'd see them at least try handheld-only. However, they use the console space to catalyse for handheld... so if the handheld is acceptable in performance to show on the big screen, they'd effectively be doing that already.

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

skywake

If it fails it'll be hard to tell what "space" it's failing in wouldn't it? Either way though there's no reason why they couldn't have different SKUs. For example a TV-only version without the screen/battery but with a more traditional controller and more storage. Or a 2DS style budget version with a smaller screen, no detachable controllers and the TV functions optional. Plenty of things they can do.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DjLewe78

Did it say NX would use android? If it does maybe you could install Kodi on it as and have the ultimate in entertainment system.

All in all im happy with this, as the opportunity is there for 3rd party's to port games and it can use UR4 so its down to sales. If this thing is actually small, simple and easy to manufacture im thinking that a possible £150 to £180 launch price with bundles including pro pads, games etc coming in a bit more.
Now with enough hype and enough launch games, maybe even open up the entire Nintendo library to a streaming service or a new look easy to use shop, this could sell my the millions.
If you are one of the millions and millions on the market for a tablet for your kid , or for yourself to just browse and play games, then the NX has to be considered.

Millions of Nintendo fans will flock to to it like us and obviously friends of ours who like the machine MIGHT get one.

So the sales opportunity is there alone for millions of units sold.

AT THE RIGHT PRICE THOUGH.......

1 up !

rallydefault

skywake wrote:

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Nintendo needs to announce this thing soon. Because as it is it's not entirely clear how this thing will work and what it's capable of. When it was still just pure speculation that was one thing. But now we have some idea what it might be and.... the gaming media is running with that. Whatever their interpretation of it is. And it's not all good.

Best comment, really. I hope hope hope that Nintendo takes the reins soon, because the big gaming sites are slobbering all over this. I had a look at the comments on IGN last night, and it was pretty much what you'd expect: hundreds of doom and gloom predictions sprinkled with downright nasty, personal attacks against Nintendo and anybody who ever owned a Nintendo system.

It's not good out there, folks.

Nintendo: PLEASE pay some attention to this and start controlling the message. (I'm fully aware they don't read these forums lol)

rallydefault

skywake

DjLewe78 wrote:

Did it say NX would use android? If it does maybe you could install Kodi on it as and have the ultimate in entertainment system.

The rumour says it's not running Android and frankly that's good news. Too many overheads and security issues with Android.

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault Absolutely, the negativity over the internet was another big reason why the Wii U failed commercially.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano I agree. It's time for this overlying cat and mouse game to end.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Therad

skywake wrote:

If it fails it'll be hard to tell what "space" it's failing in wouldn't it? Either way though there's no reason why they couldn't have different SKUs. For example a TV-only version without the screen/battery but with a more traditional controller and more storage. Or a 2DS style budget version with a smaller screen, no detachable controllers and the TV functions optional. Plenty of things they can do.

Different form factors make sense. Especially in light of some of the quotes from Nintendo regarding their next-gen handheld and home console would be like brothers. There isn't really anything (except politics) hindering them from having different power levels on different packages either.

Therad

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@rallydefault Absolutely, the negativity over the internet was another big reason why the Wii U failed commercially.

Exactly. The poor thing garnered a negative reputation from thousands of people who never even played it, and I think that's the saddest thing about the Wii U. I bought it day 1 and never regretted my purchase - it's still the only console of this gen that I play consistently. It has the best console games in the past few years, in my opinion.

But the overwhelming negativity online has probably kept countless of people who were on the fence from buying the system. Not everybody peruses gaming sites and forums, of course, but the people who do have a good chance of taking what they read and spreading it further to their real-life friends, and the negative image just continues to grow.

I don't want to see the same thing happen to Nintendo's new system, especially before it's even unveiled by the company. Enough is enough - tackle it head-on and TELL US about the thing and why we should be excited for it. Don't let the internet warp your product.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

I'm concerned that a September reveal may be too late to control the negativity.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

Isn't there a certain user with a console avatar that's been saying something similar to this for awhile now?

WebHead

-Green-

I don't see Nintendo saying anything over this. They tend to be all hush hush and stuff over these things.
They'll probably do what they did with the last big rumor and just ignore it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead Yes (you), though circumstances have changed. Before yesterday, all the leaks and rumours were either proven fake or had little/no evidence supporting it. The one supplied by Eurogamer actually seems like it'll be real with the only thing really against them is the fact that Mother 3 hasn't had a localization confirmed yet.

Grumblevolcano

Octane

Nintendo isn't going to change its reveal plans. They either ignore this or don't even know stuff has leaked yet. Either way, they'll act oblivious to all of this.

Octane

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Before yesterday, all the leaks and rumours were either proven fake or had little/no evidence supporting it.

Even more than that. Wasn't one of the more believed sources for rumours saying the NX would have an AMD chip? I think we all know who I'm talking about. If you go to his youtube channel he's still making comments about how he's still right. Which is interesting to say the least.....

-Green-

No need to be coy about it, love.

@Octane It's been over a day since the rumor started, with multiple sites reporting on it. I'm positive they know about it at this point.

Edited on by -Green-

WebHead

@-Red- he's probably right though. Nintendo doesn't care what anyone says about them.

WebHead

-Green-

@WebHead Yeah, Nintendo will most likely just do what they've done before when it comes to rumors. Which is to say nothing, and just ignore it.

WebHead

@-Red- Nintendo does what Nintendo wants, whenever they feel like it really.

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic