Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 69,980

WebHead

@skywake idig it honestly. Makes sense for Nintendo. Limes up with what's been said.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

mystman12

Wait, so if the rumor is true... Does that mean my dream actually predicted the NX?!?!

mystman12 wrote:

I just had a dream about the NX! The system is going to be focused on multiplayer and hanging out with friends. The console is going to be in a suitcase type cover with a handle so you can easily take it to a friend's house, and it will also be able to fold into a small chair for easy extra seating. You heard it here first!

Basically, the system being a suitcase would be like it being portable and easy to take with you places, and it being able to unfold into a chair for easy extra seating is like it having controllers for easy portable multiplayer. And I mean, in the dream it was focused on multiplayer and hanging out with friends...

I actually kind of hope the rumors are true now just so I can claim I had a dream predicting the NX.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

rallydefault

@skywake

lol yea definitely keeping my PC. But I'm honestly pretty stoked about this. I want to hear more! I've always thought Nintendo's handheld games have sometimes been even better than their home console games, so I can't wait to see what "bringing them together" will result in!

rallydefault

skywake

One thing I do hope is that they keep supporting their bluetooth controllers. Because as nice as a portable that plugs into your TV is it would be a shame if local-multiplayer died. And while I'm on that topic I also hope that the dock does more than just power and HDMI pass-through. Ontop of Bluetooth for controllers USB ports for extra storage and other accessories would make sense. You'd also hope for a network port but I'm not holding my breath.

The other thing I'm wondering about is 3DS backwards compatibility. Because it's ARM and cartridges we can rule out Wii U BC but the 3DS? That could be a thing. So who knows, one of the first games we all play on this might be Pokemon Sun/Moon....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

WebHead

@skywake well obviously the tablet is single screen. However said screen is likely multitouch and at least 5 inches in size so we will see.

WebHead

Bolt_Strike

WebHead wrote:

Nice interpretation. I suspect there'll be 2 bundles. Basic set with just the tablet and deluxe set with the box and left and right control pads.

Yeah, there's no way they're doing that. People are going to be happy with using half a controller for multiplayer games. How are you going to play Mario Kart or Smash with just a control pad and 4 buttons? That's not going to be enough.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

GrailUK

Erm, I am getting a Pokémon Go vibe from this. Could sell mega loads...but not aimed at me

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

WebHead

So what first party games do you guys expect to be in the reveal? I expect Zelda obviously, 2 wii u ports, pikmin, animal crossing, retro studios project, monster games project, Mario golf, and some pokemon spin-off.

WebHead

rallydefault

@WebHead

Yea, some kind of Pokemon game, even one that isn't a "full" RPG Pokemon game, would be smart from a business perspective. If the public's mind is still on Pokemon by March of next year, it could be a GREAT way of roping in buyers who would otherwise never look at the system.

We'll definitely see Zelda because... we were told we will lol Also, I think Smash Bros. will be high on their port list, and maybe Splatoon? I could see that being pretty darn cool to play on the go. And as someone who is still playing New Leaf, a brand-new Animal Crossing would be a fantastic way to keep me glued to a new system.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

I think Zelda, Smash 4, MK8, Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Pikmin 4, a new IP from Retro and a bunch of mobile games (AC, FE, Pokemon GO, something unannounced). AC mobile will to people's surprise end up connecting with New Leaf and not a new game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@BiasedSonyFan Isn't this the complete opposite of mobile gaming though? The entire idea behind mobile gaming is that people already have a device that plays free games. Why would they buy a system to buy more games when most seem to be content with the free stuff on their phones. It kinda defeats the point of mobile games then.

Octane

FragRed

@BiasedSonyFan The cooling of the chipset wouldn't be an issue as I am sure Eurogamer pointed out that the current SKU's already had fans in them for the Tegra XI. So surely it wouldn't be that much more work to make the cooling system work for the Tegra X2 chipset if used.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@BiasedSonyFan That still sounds more feasible than competing with Apple and Google though. It's going to be a lot more difficult to convince the casual crowd to pay for what is essentially a system that's somewhere between a handheld and home console and also expect them to pay regular prices for the games. Unless Breath of the Wild is a free-to-play game on the NX..

Assuming that all the rumours are true, it really sounds like something that only appeals to a handful of people. The thing with mobile gaming is that it works because it's free. You can make your console look and act like a phone or a tablet, but as long as it doesn't have the convenience of being a phone and the free games, then I really don't see how this would appeal to the average ''mobile gamer''.

Octane

TuVictus

I fully suspect, if true, their second attempt at getting console and mobile players with a single console is going to fail just as miserably as the Wii U has. The Vita taught us you can't just slap console games on mobile devices. And vice versa.

TuVictus

rallydefault

Operative wrote:

I fully suspect, if true, their second attempt at getting console and mobile players with a single console is going to fail just as miserably as the Wii U has. The Vita taught us you can't just slap console games on mobile devices. And vice versa.

Well, it's certainly another huge risk, can't argue that.

We'll have to stay tuned for specifics. Maybe we'll learn more actual information in August rather than September if tons of this stuff starts leaking. I'd hope Nintendo would want to take hold of the news cycle for themselves rather than let the internet audience label the thing as "dead on arrival" before it's even officially unveiled.

rallydefault

WebHead

Well my main fears are pricing and they type of third party support. As in I can see it mostly amounting to mobile, Vita, and wii u ports.

WebHead

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead I can definitely see the setup of "If you want 3rd party support then get XB1 or PS4".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano most likely. Probably could also explain seemingly sparse devkits. Nintendo probably doesn't thing the big pubs will bother since nx would struggle to run their current games adequately.

WebHead

GrailUK

I think this is either fake...or they aren't telling us what this dock really is! I mean, why couldn't the handheld just have a hdmi port in the back?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

@GrailUK That dock probably doesn't do anything much in the making the games look and run better as that would surely add to what I think is going to be an expensive system to begin with.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic