Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 69,952

WebHead

Well if all this espionage level secrecy is for an Xbox one with a Nintendo badge slapped on, they'll be laughed off the stage imo.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

-Green-

Wouldn't be the first time.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

DefHalan

WebHead wrote:

Well if all this espionage level secrecy is for an Xbox one with a Nintendo badge slapped on, they'll be laughed off the stage imo.

Or cheered because Nintendo isn't trying something crazy again, and people have said how they want to be able to play 3rd Party games on their Nintendo systems without compromise. Who knows what they have but different people have been wanting different things. Not everyone will be happy, no matter how hard they try.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

WebHead

@DefHalan even when there's established affordable devices with built libraries? That are getting upgrades as well?

People have devices for those games in addition to them being well available obviously

This type of device would have no pull outside fanboys.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

DefHalan

@WebHead Why wouldn't some people be happy about that? They could play Zelda and Witcher/Skyrim/Doom all on the same system. There are people out there that still aren't convinced to pick up one of the two twins because of a lack of exclusives, maybe the Nintendo exclusives plus uncompromised 3rd party support (not lacking in graphics or online features) would be the system they want.

Again, no matter what Nintendo does, they will disappoint some people.

WebHead

@DefHalan will some people like it? Absolutely. Will it be enough for what Nintendo wants? I doubt it. Besides during miyamoto interview about NX's new idea he kinda shot this down anyway.

WebHead

DefHalan

@WebHead We will just have to wait and see. We have been speculating for over a year now, with no more information really given. How can we continue to speculate the same things. It is just a wait and see thing now.

GrailUK

I firmly believe Nintendo has a super clever idea up their sleeves that will appeal to consumers. I am also confident that it will be powered by a box that is not seen as last generation in the eyes of gamers. They have said that they don't want competitors to copy their idea so you already can rule out a generic Playbox proposition.

Edit* As annoyingly optimistic as I am...I am often proven wrong lol

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

DefHalan

@BiasedSonyFan If they aren't doing something crazy with the NX, why do they need to announce it so soon? In fact the less crazy stuff they do means the less time developers will need to support the system, which means they can wait longer to announce it.

I am not saying it is a generic box, I am just saying there isn't information to say what it is or what it isn't.

Edited on by DefHalan

DefHalan

@BiasedSonyFan yes, and that is why they are waiting to announce the NX and build that trust. Announcing it too early could destroy the trusr since people might get bored of the concept before it even hits store shelves. There is a double edge sword no matter what Nintendo is doing or how they do it. They need to figure out what will have the most positive impact for their product, which is what they are doing.

@WebHead I am too, but I also don't want them to screw up their launch just to get information out sooner

WebHead

@DefHalan in fact my nx hype is basically gone at this point. I just like chitchatting with you guys.

WebHead

DefHalan

@BiasedSonyFan you aren't making any sense. I said the concept might become boring, I didn't say anything about the experience or product.

@WebHead Awww... we like talking to you too lol

DefHalan

@WebHead our conversations may get heated, but I have enjoyed them

DefHalan

@BiasedSonyFan I think a lot of people were bored by the concept behind the Wii U (the GamePad) before it released. There were tons of other factors with the Wii U but by the time the Wii U came out, people weren't too excited for the "Two Screens" anymore since they had been seening it for so long.

Not saying these are the reasons why they are waiting, just reasons why waiting wouldn't be a bad idea.

-SD-

Hardware wise I believe it's a custom RX470 GPU with 8GB RAM, probably 12GB, HDMI 2.x with upscaled 4K output and a connection port for the Supplemental Computing Device. The SCD will be released a couple of years into the console's life span and will be required for VR if Nintendo decide to go that route. The standard console could probably handle OSVR, but I think they'd want to sell it as part of the SCD upgrade, if and when VR proves itself.

I think the machine will come with a more standard controller, but I still believe that a controller/mobile device with screen is part of the overall package somehow.

SNK - The Future is Now

Octane

@WebHead It's Nintendo, there will be something different. I'm sure of that. The question is whether it's an expensive new feature, something completely different that tries to be its own thing or just a small affordable new feature like to scrollable shoulder buttons we saw earlier.

Octane

DefHalan

@BiasedSonyFan We don't know what they have planned. They may not have a hardware feature that is new and interesting, so the console could be a more traditional one. The new and interesting part could software based. The NX could just be that software feature, and the reason why they aren't talking about it. We really have no idea what it is or what they are planning. It could be a traditional console, that doesn't mean there isn't anything new or interesting. And why would they show off a traditional console without its main feature of appeal? Why would they show that main feature of appeal when, since it could be software based, it could easily be copied?

skywake

BiasedSonyFan wrote:

I'm only expressing a common criticism of the Gamepad, whether it is right ot wrong. I've seen gamers immediately dismiss the Wii U because of "the stupid, gimmicky, giant screen" in the middle of the Wii U's controller. To these gamers, the Gamepad breaks away from the tradition of controller design that they have become accustomed to when they buy a video game console. That's not my problem, but it is what it is.

I don't care what other people "feel" about it because they are demonstrably wrong. The Wii U GamePad in terms of functionality and layout is the most conventional controller Nintendo has made since the SNES.

I'll put it this way. If you sat me infront of a screen and asked me to pick one controller for Overwatch, GTA, Rocket League and Super Meat Boy. Just one for all of them. But I had to pick between the Wii U GamePad, WiiMote + Nunchuck, Wavebird and N64 controller. I'd pick the Wii U GamePad. Even if the screen didn't work. So if you want to argue that the Wii U isn't a "traditional console" because GamePad is unconventional? Then you better be ready to also throw the N64 and Gamecube under the bus.....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic