Forums

Topic: So NX Is A Home Console Afterall?

Posts 281 to 286 of 286

GrailUK

"The NX will offer a new level of immersion in gaming by emitting smells that capture environments in game turning your television into a ....smellyvision." - Ikowa Sakatura

*Disclaimer - I really have no idea about the NX so I like to make nonsense up

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

skywake

rallydefault wrote:

@skywake: I, for one, am more than well aware that this is all conjecture and rumor. But your "holier than thou" attitude sure is annoying, man.

Well I mistakenly assumed that the point of these threads is to have fun trying to pin down what the NX might be. Which involves not shutting down alternate theories that could technically work and questioning the feasibility of some of the more popular theories. I mean where's the fun if we all just agree? If nobody questions it then we're just a bunch of fanboys nodding our heads at whatever the clickbait of the hour is.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

rallydefault

@skywake: I agree. I was just pointing more towards your passive-aggressive "digs" at the people doing the conjecturing on both sides. Just keep it civil, please.

Now, back to the conjecturing.

rallydefault

skywake

@rallydefault: If people take questioning of their theories personally then that's their problem not mine. We're at the anon-sources and reading between the lines of quotes stage of the cycle. People shouldn't be anywhere near as sure of themselves unless they're commenting on concrete things. Like maybe speculations on what their strategy might be or what would technically be possible. Frankly the only thing I'm annoyed about here are the websites that are reporting on this as news. Because it's not, it's clickbait heavy junk.

Edited on by skywake

Kuhang

Kuhang wrote:

Oh giant electric eel!! Nintendoomed incoming. This guy is like 99.9% always spot on. So what do we make of this.

"The NX is definitely not aiming to compete with the likes of PS4 on a power level. Absolutely sure of that now."

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/04/liam-robertson-nintendo-...

Now Nintendolife's also posted this, and this guy is almost all the time spot on...this gets me wondering. What so we make of it and what is this approach?

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

skywake

@Kuhang:
Well for a start I don't agree with news sites posting rumours, at least not at this stage in the cycle. It's purely clickbait. Other gaming news sites have made a point of not posting any of this stuff because it gives oxygen to people who want their five seconds of internet fame. Though I do respect Nintendolife for taking their time at least before posting it. I assume some discussion was had about whether or not to post.

On the theory itself well there are two ways to look at it. If we're talking about a pure and traditional home-console here? I can't see how this makes sense. At all. We're talking about a device that at the earliest will launch in late 2016, three years after the PS4 launch. It's still quite likely it'll launch in 2017. And lets face it the PS4 wasn't exactly bleeding edge tech losing money out of the gate. For a home console launching in 2016/17 you basically get "competes with the PS4" for free. They're almost at the point where they're putting passive coolers on the desktop versions of cards in that power bracket. This is more than saying that Nintendo will do their usual bit of not doing a horsepower arms-race. This would be like if the Wii U instead of being 1.5x PS3s was not even 1x and even struggled to be half as capable.

The only way I can see this working is if this is an entirely different sort of product. Either a handheld, a hybrid of some kind or a kind of micro-console. Perhaps some kind of combination of the above. That could work. A home console in the sense that it will replace the Wii U? I can't see it. Not unless it's a decent graphical leap.

Edited on by skywake

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.