Forums

Topic: So NX Is A Home Console Afterall?

Posts 261 to 280 of 286

Gamer83

@WebHead: I think they have to get a 3D Mario platformer out for day one as well. If they could get the big 3 there right from the start, there would definitely be very strong early sales momentum. Even moreso if they can manage a $250-$300 price tag. If it's just a slightly spruced up Wii U like you're predicting, then that's the price they should hit at because at least the Xbox One will be down to $300 by next November and the PS4 may have a significant price drop by then as well.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

WebHead

@Gamer83: yeah I wouldn't rule out a $300 xbone being around next holiday. And that's true too. 3 years is probably enough time for a new 3d Mario. Whatever the gimmick is I hope it's simple and practical.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

IceClimbers

I should point out that if Retro is working on Metroid right now, it is not Metroid Prime. No proper Metroid Prime is currently in development as confirmed by Tanabe.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

ledreppe

Nx is a 'platform', that means handheld and home console integrated together in architecture and like brothers. They are not seperately developed like all consoles and handhelds before.

ledreppe

Twitter:

WebHead

@ledreppe: exactly but it seems the console bro will be out first

WebHead

Gamer83

@WebHead: Hopefully there are no gimmicks this time. A $300 Nintendo console that comes packed with an updated version of the Wii U pro controller would be just fine. It will likely be backwards compatible if Wii and Wii U are anything to go by so people could keep their remotes and gamepads. But I want to see Nintendo just go back to basics. I'd prefer a console with quite a bit more power than a PS4, but that doesn't mean a console on par with those two can't succeed. All it needs is a good price, a great day one lineup and excellent marketing like the Wii received in the early days. As cheesey as it was, the 'Wii would like to play' campaign was brilliant. For whatever reason, at least here in North America anyway, it seems Nintendo outright refuses to advertise these days.

@IceClimbers: Ok, so we get a sidescrolling Metroid instead. I'd be fine with that.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

WebHead

@Gamer83: yeah if you want a ps4 clone you aren't getting it. The NX will most likely be a spruced up Wii U with a new innovative controller, like from GameCube to Wii or 3DS to New 3DS. And I'm thinking retro is making either DKCR 3 or Doddy Kong Racing

WebHead

Gamer83

@WebHead: I would hope for similar power to the other consoles just because I'd love to see Nintendo get back some real third party support. But yeah, I realize that's probably not going to happen. Either way, eventhough I wasn't a huge fan of the Wii U, I can't wait to learn more about the NX. I think like after the Gamecube struggled and Nintendo made some changes to make sure Wii was a massive success, the same will happen this time. The Wii had some of Nintendo's best first party output where as the Wii U played it quite safe with some games seeming like slightly upgraded 3DS games in terms of how they were set up. NX will be a lot different.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

ledreppe

WebHead wrote:

@ledreppe: exactly but it seems the console bro will be out first

Yes fine, but I wasn't inferring launch times. I'm mearly answering the question put in the thread title, by letting people who don't know - the facts.

ledreppe

Twitter:

rallydefault

@Gamer83: Yea, I would love to see a "back to basics" console, too, but it's probably not going to happen. It would be nice if Nintendo would just put the Wii line to rest and release a powerful console with the pro controller (maybe a few tweaks) with excellent, expansive games, but it looks more and more like NX is going to be this quasi-low-powered fusion Ouya-box-type melding of home and mobile.

rallydefault

skywake

I like how people are so desperate for information that they're reading into the ordering of statements as some kind of confirmation.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kyuubikid213

@skywake: I'll be real with you, skywake, your logic for NX being a handheld had me convinced until I saw that article. There's still no definite statement from Nintendo that says "the NX is our next home console", but for now...it's all we have to go on that swings one way or the other...or another way entirely.

I want it to be a handheld because I know the Wii U can give me more over the next year or two whereas Nintendo themselves said "yeah, the 3DS is spent" and upgraded it to the New 3DS.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

TuVictus

skywake wrote:

I like how people are so desperate for information that they're reading into the ordering of statements as some kind of confirmation.

It's pretty basic reading comprehension honestly. We aren't "reading into" anything. It's right there in black and white. If Reggie did not want to convey it in the way he did, you bet he would have worded it differently. I mean there is almost no room for any other interpretation. If anything people seem more desperate to cling to the idea that the NX is not a console rather than the other way around. We've gotten several hints if not outright confirmations from Tanabe and Reggie.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

iKhan

Gamer83 wrote:

@WebHead: I would hope for similar power to the other consoles just because I'd love to see Nintendo get back some real third party support. But yeah, I realize that's probably not going to happen. Either way, eventhough I wasn't a huge fan of the Wii U, I can't wait to learn more about the NX. I think like after the Gamecube struggled and Nintendo made some changes to make sure Wii was a massive success, the same will happen this time. The Wii had some of Nintendo's best first party output where as the Wii U played it quite safe with some games seeming like slightly upgraded 3DS games in terms of how they were set up. NX will be a lot different.

Equal power to the 8th gen platforms would be a grave error. They will be directly competing against platforms that will probably have sold at least 25M and 40m units respectively, while they have no momentum whatsoever. That would be dangerous.

If Nintendo wants 3rd party support, they are going to need no less than 3-4X the power of the PS4. And according to my other topic on this forum, they physically cannot do that in 2016 or 2017.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

AceDefective

Operative wrote:

skywake wrote:

It's pretty basic reading comprehension honestly. We aren't "reading into" anything. It's right there in black and white. If Reggie did not want to convey it in the way he did, you bet he would have worded it differently. I mean there is almost no room for any other interpretation. If anything people seem more desperate to cling to the idea that the NX is not a console rather than the other way around. We've gotten several hints if not outright confirmations from Tanabe and Reggie.

Expect it's not black and white, you're confusing comprehension with interpretation. Most of these things we've heard about NX are purposefully vague, with the closest confirmation of anything being the Tanabe interview. Even then, we honestly don't know what he could mean by that. Like development taking (3+ years most likely, enough time for the Wii U's relevance to die out maybe) so long they'd be better off developing for NX, or maybe he legit knows something we don't?
Either way, all of us are trying to fill in the intentionally left holes with what we got. We won't know who's right or wrong till next year, hence speculation.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Kuhang

skywake wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

With every new rumour, the idea of NX being some kind of android box type device seems more likely to me. A box that can plug into your TV, and a tablet, both sold separately, both playing the same games.

With every new rumour I'm becoming more and more certain that nobody has even the slightest idea what it is

With every comment I read of yours I feel like you're trying too hard to convince people that NX is going to be a Handheld. When nothing but your logic favours your opinion.

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

skywake

@Kuhang: No, I'm just saying that people are reading tea-leaves here. Nothing is confirmed yet. Speculation is fun for sure but people should be aware that that's what they're doing here. The only reason I keep saying that it might be a portable is because everyone is convinced that it's not. I'm playing devil's advocate here, that's all.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

rallydefault

@skywake: I, for one, am more than well aware that this is all conjecture and rumor. But your "holier than thou" attitude sure is annoying, man.

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.