Forums

Topic: So NX Is A Home Console Afterall?

Posts 241 to 260 of 286

kyuubikid213

@6ch6ris6: Read my post again. I wasn't saying the New 3DS was Nintendo's next handheld. I was saying that Nintendo's handhelds typically get a revision before the next one comes along. The DS got the DSi. The GBA got the SP. The Game Boy got the Color...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

6ch6ris6

@kyuubikid213: oh i just realized i used the wrong term in the comment before your one that i replied to. sorry.

i meant the 3DS neeeds a proper successor. a next gen handheld.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

skywake

@rallydefault: Fair call. I'm just making a point that these rumours tell us nothing. I'd go as far as saying that we know as much about what the NX is now as we did before E3.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

WebHead

@skywake: well even then though. I don't see Nintendo selling a $400 ps4 clone. An affordable console with a companion handheld just makes a lot of sense for them.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

6ch6ris6

@WebHead: but even an affordable console would be around 400€ when it is packed together with a handheld. i mean if we think that the NX is both console and handheld.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

WebHead

@6ch6ris6: I'm thinking sold separately. The portable could play the games at lower settings, like mobile and PC. The console could be $250 and the portable $150

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

-Green-

Who is Liam Robertson

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TuVictus

iKhan wrote:

Say goodbye to 3rd party support

Hard to say goodbye to what isn't there already. If that rumor is true, then I suspect even worse sales than the Wii U, further continuing their downward sales trend. And if that happens, they might as well just stop making home consoles all together and focus on weaker, cheaper handhelds.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

iKhan

Operative wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Say goodbye to 3rd party support

Hard to say goodbye to what isn't there already. If that rumor is true, then I suspect even worse sales than the Wii U, further continuing their downward sales trend. And if that happens, they might as well just stop making home consoles all together and focus on weaker, cheaper handhelds.

I wouldn't go that far. As a fan of the OG Wii, I'm personally okay with underpowered hardware. But it's not going to bring in any 3rd party support for them.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kyuubikid213

IceClimbers wrote:

@skywake: Not true. We do know that it is a home console of some sort. Reggie outright said it in his recent interview with Forbes.

"In the home console space, we're focused on Wii U. NX is in the future."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2015/06/29/nintendo-re...

In no way does that quote say "the NX is our next home console." It just says the NX is in the future...which we know.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

IceClimbers

@kyuubikid213: You're in denial. In that article Reggie already talked about their handhelds, and then moved on to home consoles, in which he clearly stated that NX is in the future.

Everything Nintendo has said points to the NX being a home console. Face it - the NX is a home console.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

Well, right after he said "We're focused on the Wii U home console". I mean it's pretty clear right there. Context is everything here. I doubt he would refer to it at all if it was going to be a handheld or otherwise.

Haha, got beat by @IceClimbers
What they said

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

kyuubikid213

@Operative: Or he could have been talking about it because that's all anyone wants to talk to Nintendo about now...

But fine.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

WebHead

@kyuubikid213: he's obviously meaning console. Look it sucks you don't stay on a sinking ship my friend. Next holiday we're probably gonna be seeing a shiny black new Nintendo box on store shelves.

WebHead

Gamer83

@WebHead: I'm still not convinced NX is going to get a 2016 release. But I do hope it does, and I hope it's sooner rather than later. A July/August launch with a good number of first-party games, including a new Mario and Metroid, would help the NX get off to a much stronger start than the Wii U had.

Gamer83

WebHead

@Gamer83: I doubt July but I do see a November launch. Especially if it's just a slightly beefier Wii U. I reckon cross gen Zelda and whatever retro studios is making are good candidates for launch day games.

WebHead

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.