Forums

Topic: So NX Is A Home Console Afterall?

Posts 161 to 180 of 286

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Ralek85 wrote:

Fourth, it's not empty ... what are you talking about? Currently they are posting the best exclusive line-up out of all the big three for like the next 12 months, and by now no one expects them to offer major 3rd party support anymore, or pretend they could compensate that by quadrupling their own output, which - once more - is not feasible given the ressources they have. What might be empty is the summer (always rather barren though) and fall 2016 timeframe, but that is not new for a console on it's last legs and really ... what is going to happen? People will stop buying the WiiU? Big deal.

This is arguable, we don't know enough info. For example Devil's Third in the US seems to have just disappeared, apparently Fatal Frame is eshop exclusive, etc.

What does it matter if it is eShop exclusive? That doesn't make it not a game.

Also, what are your "etc."???? You only listed two things, one of which definitely doesn't count. Soooo...one game that MIGHT not be coming? What was the point of your post?

rallydefault

Ralek85

Grumblevolcano wrote:

This is arguable, we don't know enough info. For example Devil's Third in the US seems to have just disappeared, apparently Fatal Frame is eshop exclusive, etc.

Yeah, my bad, I haven't bought a physical game in close to four years, so any such news barely registers anymore - and it would probably make economic sense for such an extreme niche game like Fatal Frame tbh. But we don't know yet if the game will be an e-shop exclusive, more importantly though, does it really matter? It's still there, you can get it if you want, or leave it you so choose.
As for Devils Third, Itagaki mentioned he would see to it that the game would game to the North America (whatever that means), and I think it will, since it will help address some gaps in the line-up, but you're right, it's absence at E3 was suspicious. The whole game is a bit of a strange affair though ... personally, I was not really all that excited based on the footage shown last year.
If there is one genre, I have really NO shortage of whatsoever on PC/PS4/X1, it's violent brown/grey shooters/hack'n'slash games. While it would bolster the WiiU library quite a bit in that regard, I think anyone who has any system besides the WiiU is kinda of 'meh' on it, esp. considering how it looks decidely last gen - in terms of visuals at least. I have more of a hankering for GIR#FE first and Xenoblade second, followed by Starfox and Zelda.
Anyways, I stand by my argument, since I doubt a NA release for Devils Third will make or break the WiiU's "fortune" with current adaptors, and it's entirely possible will see a Nintendo Direct specifically for Devils Third any day now, since the game has a August release date for Europe apparently, which means it's already localized for the English market as well. Argueably it's also the perfect game for the U.S. market Although, as you say, that is not set in stone - certainly not when one thinks back to that whole mess of Last Story and Xenoblade ... one would hope Nintendo had learned it's lessen, certainly in a situation like this, were every bit of good will generated counts.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

DefHalan

@Ralek85
I completely disagree with a lot of your points and think the opposite, but I would rather not waste the time typing what I have already in different threads. I think these radically opposing sides shows how little we all really know when it comes to the NX and how Nintendo should do business in the future.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

@Ralek85 The problem with eshop exclusives is that Nintendo completely ignores them when promoting their lineup. The tiny treehouse segment on the final day of E3 was a step in the right direction but what will happen now that E3 is over. Nintendo's already confirmed the focus of SDCC to be Super Mario Maker, Yoshi, Splatoon and Smash. August also has a huge focus on Smash and Splatoon due to the huge updates and probably more content such as the 2 N64 stages confirmed in the recent Smash presentation. If the release date is anywhere near any of the main first party titles then even the eshop won't promote it well.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peach64

Now there's rumours that Nintendo have asked Foxconn to prepare for production of it's next hardware in May or June 2016. Also, they've asked for an initial production of 20 million units.

Peach64

Octane

@DreamOn: The internet.

Also, we got a reply button? That was quick!

Octane

Ralek85

@DefHalan: I see, but unfortunately it's hard to argue with such a general statement.
I'm not really sure what radically different sides to the story there could be, after what Reggie said, and looking at the simple fact that there is like a dozen or so internal development teams, that seems to be working mostly on games, plus like Retro, Monolith, 1UP and NDCube. I just don't see how this could possibly add up to a steady stream of 1st party software for like 4 different platforms, incl. NX and mobil then ... anyways, I said as much already, so no point in repeating it as well.
The only thing radical here is that Nintendo took the time to talk about it's next upcoming console at an E3 conference without presenting it, that is atypical to say the least

@Grumblevolcano I agree, but it is not a god given law, that an e-shop release cannot se any promotion. I think the truth is, at least as far as potential e-shop releases of Fatal Frame and Devils Third go, that those are not big sellers ... not as retails games, and not as promoted games. That is why there is a chance they are e-shop exclusives to begin with. There is no way in hell those two games, even combined and supported by a retail release and a massive campaign, could match the sales of for example Mario Maker. Those games exist to diversify the line-up, not to generate massive revenue or sell consoles.
Sure, retail and ad campaigns would help sales, no doubt, but it wouldn't change the basic equation and it would maybe also not be the wisest investment of their ressources. Honestly, I think these kinda games are made for digital releases, which carry little risk and can reach as huge an audience as they can come up with (e.g. through word of mouth). Digital is a huge change for those niche games, just look at SMTV in Europe. The game might not exist in that region, if digital, or digital only, had not been an option. To any true fan, it really shouldn't matter either way.
Digital is the future, even if in some regions the infrastructure is still lacking behind, it doesn't change the fact, that more than half the worlds population is already living in cities, and that despite everything else, digital infrastructure is improving. It's going to be interesting to see, if the next generation of consoles will even bother with retail at all, PC is basically at a point, where it's already looking like it's digital business and not much else!

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

NinChocolate

DreamOn wrote:

I'm just waiting for some leaked tidbits of info from either Nintendo's contracts and partners or the outlets that have connections to people over at Foxconn / Shenzhen plants. I know it's gonna happen, just gotta be patient till then

NinChocolate

rallydefault

DreamOn wrote:

DreamOn wrote:

I'm just waiting for some leaked tidbits of info from either Nintendo's contracts and partners or the outlets that have connections to people over at Foxconn / Shenzhen plants. I know it's gonna happen, just gotta be patient till then

Wow. Guys... it's happening.

I know, I know. We have NO idea if it's actually happening. But still. Guys. It's exciting no matter what - new console!

rallydefault

Kuhang

Well there you go guys Nintendolife has also reported on this one. Called it already. Still not official but yeah we have something.

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

erv

20 million units sounds like a more ubiquitous QOL thing. They're cooking something big at nintendo, that's for sure.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

NintendoFan64

No offense, but if you really think it's going to be released that early, despite us knowing nothing about it, you're kind of being a bit delusional. Also, 20 million? When the Wii U hasn't even reached 10 million until 2.5 years after launch? That's being a bit too optimistic.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

jump

NintendoFan64 wrote:

No offense, but if you really think it's going to be released that early, despite us knowing nothing about it, you're kind of being a bit delusional. Also, 20 million? When the Wii U hasn't even reached 10 million until 2.5 years after launch? That's being a bit too optimistic.

Unless it's a hybrid or handheld with a killer launch title I can't see it happening although the 3ds was just about 17m shipped number in the first year of release and that was considered a flop.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

Peach64 wrote:

Now there's rumours that Nintendo have asked Foxconn to prepare for production of it's next hardware in May or June 2016. Also, they've asked for an initial production of 20 million units.

Is 2016 part of the rumor or is digitimes just stupidly assuming Nintendo announcing the system in 2016 and releasing the system in 2016 is the same thing.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

@arronishere:

A hybrid won't sell well. It literally takes the Wii U's greatest issues and magnifies them.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

iKhan wrote:

A hybrid won't sell well. It literally takes the Wii U's greatest issues and magnifies them.

A poor name and weak marketing leading to consumer confusion?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Therad

@iKhan: according to digitimes it will begin production in may and start shipping.july.not to consumers mind you.

Therad

NinChocolate

If Nintendo considers Wii U legacy hardware after 2015, who could really be surprised by that? Suddenly there's a rumor that NX could be coming soon and a number of comments pop up that would make you think that people think the Wii U is all of a sudden selling just fine in the marketplace? Miyamoto's E3 interview pronounced the platform dead to Nintendo's business. Comments that didn't come as a surprise but apparently new hardware that won't be the Wii U and that is possibly not taking it's time coming onto the market is a surprise?

NinChocolate

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.