Forums

Topic: So NX Is A Home Console Afterall?

Posts 121 to 140 of 286

MightyKrypto

IceClimbers wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Platypus101 wrote:

This forum is full of wishes... Really? 150$ console? What year was it that we had a 150$ launch price on a console? Also, with all the whining and complaining that the Wii U is underpowered, why would Nintendo bother re-releasing a Wii U with no Gamepad and hardly any updates? Also, you're taking the word of a guy who doesn't work for Nintendo in any way. He's a Moby games flunky... Really? He has the juicy inside bits that actual working devs don't? Please. He needs to be relevant in some way, so, he posts rumors.

I agree, $150 is ridiculous for a console, more than likely it would even be weaker in power than the Wii.

Umm, no. At $150 it would still be HD, and a little bit more powerful than the Wii U easily. Most of the Wii U's cost comes from the GamePad.

150 dollars for a console... in this day and age??? Hah, as if!!! (the DSiXL/3DS is more expensive lol!) more likely around 400-450 dollars at launch (to be able to compete with PS4/X1)

Edited on by MightyKrypto

MightyKrypto

Inkling

If it works with the Wii U dev kit, that will be highly beneficial to smaller indie devs (like me!) and will make it more attractive to the bigger third parties due to the fact that NX won't require us to shell out loads of cash for another dev kit.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

JLPick

It's still to early to talk about the NX, as nobody, except nintendo, knows anything about it. As for the Wii U, with the lack of 3rd parties and good sales, I could see them killing the system early, just so that they can make something that will sell better and bring more people back to their systems...yes, I am a nintendo fan, but as someone that would look at sales, it's time to move on and count the system...not as a failure, but not as a big money maker. The gamecube had it's 5 year span, but if anyone looks at the past nintendo consoles, the final year always shows signs of barely anything coming out on it. So...it all depends on what they announce for the coming year (2016). If there's only a few games announced made by nintendo, then you know that their main focus is onto their next console. For right now, just like Sony is not making games for VITA or PS3, but for the PS4 (due to the fact that they can make more money on the PS4 at the moment)...nintendo is making the games for 3DS (which is selling more than the Wii U). No matter what anyone thinks...even if you like the Wii U or not...nintendo is not making a lot of money off of it. Nintendo is looking at getting a bigger audience for their console.

JLPick

WebHead

JLPick wrote:

It's still to early to talk about the NX, as nobody, except nintendo, knows anything about it. As for the Wii U, with the lack of 3rd parties and good sales, I could see them killing the system early, just so that they can make something that will sell better and bring more people back to their systems...yes, I am a nintendo fan, but as someone that would look at sales, it's time to move on and count the system...not as a failure, but not as a big money maker. The gamecube had it's 5 year span, but if anyone looks at the past nintendo consoles, the final year always shows signs of barely anything coming out on it. So...it all depends on what they announce for the coming year (2016). If there's only a few games announced made by nintendo, then you know that their main focus is onto their next console. For right now, just like Sony is not making games for VITA or PS3, but for the PS4 (due to the fact that they can make more money on the PS4 at the moment)...nintendo is making the games for 3DS (which is selling more than the Wii U). No matter what anyone thinks...even if you like the Wii U or not...nintendo is not making a lot of money off of it. Nintendo is looking at getting a bigger audience for their console.

Well they sure like talking about it.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

IceClimbers

MightyKrypto wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Platypus101 wrote:

This forum is full of wishes... Really? 150$ console? What year was it that we had a 150$ launch price on a console? Also, with all the whining and complaining that the Wii U is underpowered, why would Nintendo bother re-releasing a Wii U with no Gamepad and hardly any updates? Also, you're taking the word of a guy who doesn't work for Nintendo in any way. He's a Moby games flunky... Really? He has the juicy inside bits that actual working devs don't? Please. He needs to be relevant in some way, so, he posts rumors.

I agree, $150 is ridiculous for a console, more than likely it would even be weaker in power than the Wii.

Umm, no. At $150 it would still be HD, and a little bit more powerful than the Wii U easily. Most of the Wii U's cost comes from the GamePad.

150 dollars for a console... in this day and age??? Hah, as if!!! (the DSiXL/3DS is more expensive lol!) more likely around 400-450 dollars at launch (to be able to compete with PS4/X1)

The $150 thing is based off some rumor posted a page or two back. It's a BS rumor. I was commenting that if the NX was that price, it could and would still be more powerful than the Wii U. The only way the NX launches at that price is if it's a micro-console, which I suppose is technically possible, but highly unlikely.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NinChocolate

Kuhang wrote:

With these lines from Reggie's interview with Forbes further hints at NX being a Home console.

" In the home console space, we’re focused on Wii U. NX is in the future. That’s something that we’ll talk about at the appropriate time"

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2015/06/29/nintendo-re...

Yeah, I was just about to post that quote here. Beat me to it.

Reggie has stated twice now that "announced hardware" "NX" as being "home console" space.

NinChocolate

MsJubilee

JLPick wrote:

Well almost all of us here need something to talk about before something new comes around.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Kuhang

DreamOn wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

With these lines from Reggie's interview with Forbes further hints at NX being a Home console.

" In the home console space, we’re focused on Wii U. NX is in the future. That’s something that we’ll talk about at the appropriate time"

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2015/06/29/nintendo-re...

Yeah, I was just about to post that quote here. Beat me to it.

Reggie has stated twice now that "announced hardware" "NX" as being "home console" space.

Indeed. Now we're starting to get more hints and Nintndo are being more open to talk about it. First they finally said that NX was a hardware from how they were only mentioning it as a platform and now things are more open for a home console. I wonder if this is part of their PR plans in making people digest the fact that NX is a home console by the time the actual reveal of NX, so that it doesn't leave people with bad taste in their mouth about Wii U and Nintendo overall. Slowly but steadily they're starting to reveal just a little bit more every time they talk about NX while also stating they will not talk anything about NX untill later next year, sounds like a good PR to me. Reggie I'm looking at you.

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

dumedum

IceClimbers wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Platypus101 wrote:

Actually most doesn't. They sell replacemt gamepads for $140 so at most is a little less than half.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Sean_Aaron

Reggie has also hinted at transformation so I wouldn't expect it to be like any of their other machines, and I don't mean there's going to be some new control evolution. I think a lot of fans aren't going to like what they do next if all they want from Nintendo is a PS4.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Therad

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Reggie has also hinted at transformation so I wouldn't expect it to be like any of their other machines, and I don't mean there's going to be some new control evolution. I think a lot of fans aren't going to like what they do next if all they want from Nintendo is a PS4.

The transformation stuff was a marketing term. Don't read too much into it.

Also, don't believe the rumours of a $150 console. It is from a blog with 2 posts. Check the sources people. It has no credibility.

Therad

Sean_Aaron

Price isn't something I'd get hung up on, but I do think after the 3DS and Wii U experiences they would shy away from releasing a high-end product without a proven audience for same.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

TuVictus

I don't see how anyone but the most in-denial people can not see the NX is going to be, in some form, a home console hardware. Not exclusively a handheld. Not some sort of Steam-type "platform", actual, physical hardware meant to be played in the home. And we're going to see it sooner rather than later. Reggie and Nintendo keep on mentioning it. And even if they said it won't release until 2020, they've already let the cat out of the bag. Media attention is already on the NX, and the Wii U is quickly losing what little relevance it had in terms of media coverage. They really should have just said nothing about it.

TuVictus

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

I don't see how anyone but the most in-denial people can not see the NX is going to be, in some form, a home console hardware. Not exclusively a handheld. Not some sort of Steam-type "platform", actual, physical hardware meant to be played in the home. And we're going to see it sooner rather than later. Reggie and Nintendo keep on mentioning it. And even if they said it won't release until 2020, they've already let the cat out of the bag. Media attention is already on the NX, and the Wii U is quickly losing what little relevance it had in terms of media coverage. They really should have just said nothing about it.

I completely agree with that point. Personally, I don't care what the NX is, handheld or home console. The NX could be anything and people can still believe a handheld is coming first, hat doesn't mean the NX is a handheld. I think Nintendo should have stayed quiet but the NX was brought up in an investor meeting, if I remember correctly, but the media has taken it has an official announcement. The media have taken this whole thing and blown it out of proportion. Nintendo's later comments are normally trying to be as vague as possible about the NX and as direct as possible with their current systems. The NX is probably a few years away, in my opinion.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

dumedum

They really should have just said nothing about it.

Indeed. I'm still trying to figure out why they did that. I guess some things and considerations we don't know. But Wii U is picking up and improving every day. Its still leading comfortably in Japan. Splatoon is doing so good. amiibo are doing so good. Reviewers like Wii U games. It's just baffling.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Grumblevolcano

dumedum wrote:

Indeed. I'm still trying to figure out why they did that. I guess some things and considerations we don't know. But Wii U is picking up and improving every day. Its still leading comfortably in Japan. Splatoon is doing so good. amiibo are doing so good. Reviewers like Wii U games. It's just baffling.

They mentioned the NX solely because they thought the mobile stuff would make them look like they were quitting consoles all together to become a 3rd party developer on smartphone games. I wonder how the reaction to the digital event would've been if Nintendo didn't mention NX at all.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

Exactly. If Iwata didn't mention the NX when the DeNA mobile deal was announced, gamers and the media would jump to conclusions and would go crazy with the idea of Nintendo dropping hardware and going mobile only.

Announcing NX then was a necessary evil.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

rallydefault

Yea, I think Nintendo felt they needed to mention NX just to silence the people saying they were going to exit hardware. And in that regard, I like that they did it - it was a great way to silence the naysayers.

And the E3 digital thing is interesting, too @Grumblevolcano. Given how people are reacting to Nintendo's situation now even WITH knowing that new hardware is in the works, can you imagine what people would be saying about the company if they hadn't announced new hardware? I'm fairly certain the internet would be CONVINCED 2016 would be Nintendo's last year in the hardware market. And that would be some terrible word-of-mouth.

So, yea - good job on the announcement, I say.

rallydefault

ricklongo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

dumedum wrote:

They mentioned the NX solely because they thought the mobile stuff would make them look like they were quitting consoles all together to become a 3rd party developer on smartphone games. I wonder how the reaction to the digital event would've been if Nintendo didn't mention NX at all.

It would have been the same. The problem was a lack of new heavy-hitting announcements, not the NX mention.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.