Forums

Topic: NX aparantly not as powerful as PS4 rumour. Discussion on good/bad things this could mean.

Posts 281 to 300 of 384

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

@Blast: Sorry the quote was getting really big.

I agree, we need those 3rd Parties but how can 3rd parties be successful when going up against 1st Party games throughout the year? Should Nintendo release less games? Sony and Microsoft are producing less 1st Party content and advertising 3rd parties more. How can both Nintendo and 3rd parties be successful?

Lets say Yoshi Wooly World and MGS: V both released in the same month on Wii U. The same Nintendo gamers that would buy Yoshi Wooly World would buy it regardless. The Nintendo fans who want MGS: V would buy it. Not every Nintendo fan has the same taste. And those Nintendo fans who want both games... Will find a way to get both games.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

@Blast: Yes, except about the fans that want both. They will prioritize one over the other. I think Nintendo fans prioritize Nintendo games over 3rd party when they are released at the same time.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Syntech

@DefHalan: What if Nintendo had a designated release window for their games? Say, closer to the selling seasons then games usually release. Example: Games released for Christmas sales start to release in October and Nintendo releases in December. Most likely 3rd party games will be picked up earlyer while Ninendo games are popular enough to sell closer to Christmas. Otherwise Nintendo games get picked up first then 3rd party closer to Christmas when they get discounted.

Syntech

DefHalan

@Syntech: That would require Nintendo to release less games. Rather than have 1 or 2 games a month from September to December they would only have 1 or 2 games throughout the whole period. This could give 3rd Parties a way to break into the Nintendo Market but would be a big risk for Nintendo. So for Nintendo to do what is best for Nintendo and 3rd Parties to do what is best for 3rd Parties they are at odds. Sony and Microsoft have started producing less content so they aren't at odds with 3rd Parties as much. Sony and Microsoft have turned into support roles for 3rd Party software. It might be working for them but I don't think anyone wants to see Nintendo do that.

Syntech

@DeHalan: lol Sorry, I wasn't suggesting Nintendo only sale near Christmas or one game per sales period. I was suggesting Nintendo push forward there sales window to be between the sales windows of 3rd parties. The sales windows the industry has deemed optimal for sales. If 3rd parties know when Nintendo is likely to release, they will do so before hand to grab sales before a Nintendo game drops.

Syntech

DefHalan

@Syntech:

But you have so many companies dancing around each other, it would be difficult to convince 3rd parties it would even be worth it. It would be easier for Nintendo to change but it would still be difficult to please everyone.

Syntech

@DefHalan
lol yeah, I always view 3rd party devs a whiney little brats. Nintendo should just ban them all from the NX and expand their first party developers to make rival to make enough games to rival 3rd party crapware. Think of what a COD type game would be like with Nintendo level quality put into and the added benefit of having a chance there might be an easter egg in the game where you can shoot Daisy in the face!

Syntech

Sleepingmudkip

Syntech wrote:

@DefHalan
lol yeah, I always view 3rd party devs a whiney little brats. Nintendo should just ban them all from the NX and expand their first party developers to make rival to make enough games to rival 3rd party crapware. Think of what a COD type game would be like with Nintendo level quality put into and the added benefit of having a chance there might be an easter egg in the game where you can shoot Daisy in the face!

I laughed at this because I dont know if you are being serious or sarcastic

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

-Green-

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Syntech wrote:

@DefHalan

I think it may be a bit of both.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TuVictus

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Syntech wrote:

@DefHalan

I really hope it's sarcastic. This is the kind of attitude that gives Nintendo fans a bad rep.

TuVictus

Syntech

@Operative:
I'm hardly ever serious, but in this case there might be a hint of it.
Nintendo does have a quality level way above the average game "producer."
Plenty of game "developers" have shown the same commitment to quality but as for publishers...
They would rather release an over hyped, un finished, buggy, rehash with so much DRM it's unplayable for a quick buck.
That is the gammer talking, not the Nintendo fan. Gamers have been complaining for years about this.
The amount Nintendo would have to expand it's game development to push out enough games to make the NX self sufficient is unrealistic so we need COD rehashes however crappy they may be.

As for shooting Daisy in the face... Totaly serious! She kicks my @$$ in mario party and when I put her on my team she fks up so bad I lose!

Syntech

IceClimbers

@DefHalan: I'd say that Microsoft is increasing the amount of 1st party content. Phil Spencer firmly believes in having a strong 1st party core to anchor their lineup. Meanwhile, Sony is increasing their reliance on 3rd parties, likely due to financial issues. The two companies are switching positions it seems. This is evidenced by Sony being the home of major 3rd party deals like for Destiny and SW Battlefront, and most importantly, Call of Duty.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DefHalan

@IceClimbers: They still don't match Nintendo's software output. I don't think 3rd Parties have to worry about Microsoft increasing their first Party support. Just look at E3, there were about 4 major first party games?

TuVictus

Honestly, I would be completely A-OK with Nintendo making one or two less games per year if it meant we got games like Bioshock or whatever on their consoles. Nintendo's software output is impressive, but maybe if they had more support, they would take the extra time given to them to make their games bigger and better.

TuVictus

Blast

Syntech wrote:

@Operative:
I'm hardly ever serious, but in this case there might be a hint of it.
Nintendo does have a quality level way above the average game "producer."
Plenty of game "developers" have shown the same commitment to quality but as for publishers...
They would rather release an over hyped, un finished, buggy, rehash with so much DRM it's unplayable for a quick buck.
That is the gammer talking, not the Nintendo fan. Gamers have been complaining for years about this.
The amount Nintendo would have to expand it's game development to push out enough games to make the NX self sufficient is unrealistic so we need COD rehashes however crappy they may be.

As for shooting Daisy in the face... Totaly serious! She kicks my @$$ in mario party and when I put her on my team she fks up so bad I lose!

... Why are you talking as if all Nintendo games are amazing and gold? They aren't all amazing!!! Nintendo has made some stupid and irrevelant games before! A Nintendo system cannot stand on its own feet!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

@Operative: But it wouldn't be just cutting back on their games, it would be releasing their games during slower times of the year, which mean less money being made. If they only cut back on their games then they would still want to target the biggest times of the year, November/December, and that would still cause them to overshadow 3rd Parties. I am sorry if I seem over negative, I just don't know how this problem could be fixed.

IceClimbers

@DefHalan: Thing is, it's not so much the quantity of releases so much as it is the buying patterns of the userbase. Microsoft and Sony's 1st party offerings are able to live alongside the 3rd party games because their userbases will buy both, or even buy the 3rd party games over the 1st party games. Nintendo's 1st party offerings can't live alongside the 3rd party games because the userbase tends to only buy the 1st party games, ignoring the 3rd party games completely.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

-Green-

@IceClimbers: Why do they ignore the 3rd party games is what I find weird?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

DefHalan

@IceClimbers: Right, so how does Nintendo help fix this issue. The idea was not to release big Nintendo near the same time as 3rd party but that is more trouble-some than it seems to be worth. How else can Nintendo help push 3rd Party games on their own system? That is the question we are trying to figure out an answer for.

DefHalan

@Aromaiden: The reason I came up with is that the Nintendo games hold their Value longer. Buying a Nintendo game at launch or 6 months down the line, the price doesn't change. buying a 3rd party game compared to 6 months later is normally 50% of the cost. Would those games holding their value longer actually make people buy 3rd party on Wii U sooner? that seems like something that would take more effort than it is worth for 3rd Parties, especially when those 3rd Parties are also on Steam, which de-values games fast but the sheer number of users is how they make profits.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.