Forums

Topic: NX aparantly not as powerful as PS4 rumour. Discussion on good/bad things this could mean.

Posts 261 to 280 of 384

DefHalan

faint wrote:

heck of alot of posts for something we know nothing about.

speculation is fun

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jellok

I agree speculation is always fun. But I do believe we have already seen NX graphics. The original Pokken Fighters render was running on alpha/beta NX specs. http://static5.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/402/4020844/2...

That render was created by Gamefreak and the Pokken we have now is being created based off that render from Namco. But I think that gives us clues to how strong the console is.

Jellok

kyuubikid213

@Jellok: Source? And, perhaps a picture that's of higher quality?

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

jump

The image was from when Pokken was orginally teased at a game show in Japan as part of a reel showing all the pokemon games and the only image of it were ones that fans took with their phones at the time so there's no better version of it but I don't remember anything to link it with NX at all.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

erv

@Jellok: nah. It's overspeculated because of pokken being arcade setup friendly and with that the system being interpreted as something else while interpreting nx rumours and then confusing the two.

Everybody knows nx is the new nintendo controller for iOS systems

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Jellok

I know it could easily be over speculating however given and old rumor from back in 2012 from dual pixels the first two parts about Nintendo in the rumor has become 98% true.(Note Devil's Third said to be exclusive to Wii U something no one truly new at the time) I think the guy Geno who gave the rumor really knew something. http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/rumor-behind-the-scenes-with...
If you read the first part about Nintendo it is spot on...Even the pitch about the Metroid Pitch dealing with time..which Tanabe just talked about..."Instead of broadening it to more planets I would have one and would focus on the timeline, and being able to change that. That's one interesting idea I have in mind... but I understand many people thought that [Echoes] was too difficult."

The second rumor from Geno deals with Pokemon sequels and Pokken.. http://dualpixels.com/2014/01/06/rumor-geno-provides-informat...
This rumor is the most interesting as it describes the idea of the NX to me and how the two games will work in tandum. I also believe that teaser of Pokken was really NX as Game Freak probably wanted to make it themselves but gave the idea to Namco since they already know how to make fighters like that and he had a similar idea already. Harada talks about being approached by Pokemon president Ishihara...http://www.polygon.com/a/life-in-japan/Harada-Summer-Lesson...thats when I believe they showed him the prototype.

Jellok

Sleepingmudkip

Jellok wrote:

Game Freak probably wanted to make it themselves but gave the idea to Namco since they already know how to make fighters like that and he had a similar idea already. Harada talks about being approached by Pokemon president Ishihara...http://www.polygon.com/a/life-in-japan/Harada-Summer-Lesson...thats when I believe they showed him the prototype.

pokemon wise Game Freak almost exclusively works on the main pokemon games and thats it....spin-offs are normally worked on by other developers(Hal Labortory does pokemon ranger, Ambrella and genius sonority works on the other spin-offs) also its not up to gamefreak who they pass the game too, thats pokemon company/nintendo job

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Jellok

I see what you are saying...but Nintendo does seem to be able to trust Namco with alot of things (Smash) I do not see this as too far fetched...but I do believe there is some weight in Geno's rumors. So take it as you will.

Jellok

iKhan

I can see some of those being legit. Others look unlikely.
The whole thing about a mechanic overhaul is hard to believe, as is any sort of home console gameplay.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Syntech

I'm sure we've may have seen and will see slips of all kinds from "Nintendo Trusted" 3rd and 2nd party developers. There was alot of talk about WiiU dev-kits being released les then a year from launch to developers with support/hardware/software issues. I'm betting Nintendo will be giving out hardware (or at least specs) to devs even as they revise them! Heck, I bet you the NX dev kit will come with it's very own Nintendo programer! lol!!! Needless to say, Nintendo wants devs to know and to have programed for the NX before it's released leading to alot of 3rd/2nd parties "showing off" new games that may very well be rendered on NX hardware/specs.

Syntech

Blast

I'm gonna say this again... It is very possible for Nintendo to stay unique while offering similar things Sony and Microsoft has and gathering 3rd party support. It is possible. But... If Nintendo really wants to stay in this "second console" role then they need to fully embrace the role. Personally, I want a powerful Nintendo console that has 3rd party support. 3rd party support matters alot to me. Nintendo's style is cool but it doesn't impress me every time. I could care less about Kirby: Canvas and Yoshi Wooly World. I wanna see other IP shine like Golden Sun. I don't wanna keep buying a second console. And in all honesty... Nintendo should've gave NX development kits to guys like Square Enix long ago to have those developers have those 3rd party games ready for NX. Example: Square Enix can easily put the FF7 remake on NX when its time. PS4 is getting it first but that's not the point. NX could be getting FF7 on the same freaking day as Xbox One.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

@Blast: I think it is important to keep in mind that we do not know about Nintendo's timetable for the NX or what it could do. The Wii U had issues with sending out Dev Kits too early (and launching too early, but that is another problem) where the specs people were making games for didn't match the specs of the retail Wii U. We may also be looking at a late 2017 release date meaning getting a Dev kit in a developers hands over the next few months still gives them 2 years.

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

@Blast: I think it is important to keep in mind that we do not know about Nintendo's timetable for the NX or what it could do. The Wii U had issues with sending out Dev Kits too early (and launching too early, but that is another problem) where the specs people were making games for didn't match the specs of the retail Wii U. We may also be looking at a late 2017 release date meaning getting a Dev kit in a developers hands over the next few months still gives them 2 years.

True... I wanna hear rumors of "Square Enix will launch FF7 remake also on NX" or "Rockstar reportedly has NX development kits". Just stuff like that. Those are good and happy rumors, in my opinion.

Master of the Hype Train

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

True... I wanna hear rumors of "Square Enix will launch FF7 remake also on NX" or "Rockstar reportedly has NX development kits". Just stuff like that. Those are good and happy rumors, in my opinion.

Well there were rumors of Bungie having Wii U dev kits, but nothing came from that. While those rumors can be exciting, it doesn't mean we will actually get something from them, sadly.

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Well there were rumors of Bungie having Wii U dev kits, but nothing came from that. While those rumors can be exciting, it doesn't mean we will actually get something from them, sadly.

True. I just wish they got more passionate about 3rd party support and realize not every Nintendo fan cares about each game they pump out.

Master of the Hype Train

TuVictus

The NX dev kits should be going out to developers as soon as they can. Or do what Sony did and ask for the opinions of third parties. Do something different this time, at least.

TuVictus

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

True. I just wish they got more passionate about 3rd party support and realize not every Nintendo fan cares about each game they pump out.

I think a big problem with Nintendo and 3rd party is what happens when the big 3rd Party game releases the same week as the big Nintendo game? Nintendo, in a way, takes sales away from 3rd Party games more often than Microsoft or Sony. Trying to release a 3rd Party game during the big months (September-December, mostly) on the same system as Nintendo releasing a game the same month/week, it gets really tough for 3rd Party to survive. Also the 3rd Party mentality on sales works against Nintendo's. Nintendo will sell 1 game for $60 for years, making players more likely to buy it sooner. 3rd Party games will hit 50% off in a month or two, meaning many players are able to buy the Nintendo game and then wait for the game to go on sale, which by that point 3rd Parties have already decided the game wasn't successful. There are a lot of issues with 3rd Parties Nintendo needs to figure out, but many people don't want Nintendo to change, we want 3rd Parties to change but they are doing fine without Nintendo systems. It is super complicated and there is no easy answer.

Sorry, I wrote way to much. Feel free to ignore me lol.

Edited on by DefHalan

Syntech

I had to look agian but I was right. Everywhere you go people are quoting "not as powerful as PS4" when the original quote was "not aiming to compete on the PS4's level." So it obviously could mean it's well above that level or it could mean they will focus on gameplay and while it may be just as or more powerful, it's not the focus. Honestly, if you were to have designed a $400 off-the-shelf PC at the time of the PS4 launch, waited till 2017 to manufacture, hardware costs would go down, throw in a Nintendo-like feature, you could get PS4 or better plus gameplay mechanism for $300 (take in to account games programed for hardware and a lighter os then windows). Hell, even if they whent ARM and chose a chip in development set to release in 2017 they could get better results then PS4/XBone... I was disappointed in this gens hardware lol.

Alot of devs had WiiU dev-kits and did nothing with it, and I'm sure Nintendo is already "giving away" NX dev kits (or planning to). But even if the NX is uo to par or better, I'm also sure an "anonymous dev" will find a "major fault" with the NX and all the other devs will start basing it... Oh why am I being do paranoid? It's not like a anonymous dev that turned out to work for Lionhead(Microsoft) started roumors that the WiiU was weaker then the the 360 and started a WiiU bashing craze in the media. And we all know Microsoft is an honest company and there is no way they would stoop as low as to pay publisher's NOT to develop for a Nintendo console or people to bash it in the media.

Syntech

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I think a big problem with Nintendo and 3rd party is what happens when the big 3rd Party game releases the same week as the big Nintendo game? Nintendo, in a way, takes sales away from 3rd Party games more often than Microsoft or Sony. Trying to release a 3rd Party game during the big months (September-December, mostly) on the same system as Nintendo releasing a game the same month/week, it gets really tough for 3rd Party to survive. Also the 3rd Party mentality on sales works against Nintendo's. Nintendo will sell 1 game for $60 for years, making players more likely to buy it sooner. 3rd Party games will hit 50% off in a month or two, meaning many players are able to buy the Nintendo game and then wait for the game to go on sale, which by that point 3rd Parties have already decided the game wasn't successful. There are a lot of issues with 3rd Parties Nintendo needs to figure out, but many people don't want Nintendo to change, we want 3rd Parties to change but they are doing fine without Nintendo systems. It is super complicated and there is no easy answer.

Sorry, I wrote way to much. Feel free to ignore me lol.

Hmmmm... But we need those 3rd party games. Not every Nintendo fan buys a Nintendo game.

Master of the Hype Train

DefHalan

@Blast: Sorry the quote was getting really big.

I agree, we need those 3rd Parties but how can 3rd parties be successful when going up against 1st Party games throughout the year? Should Nintendo release less games? Sony and Microsoft are producing less 1st Party content and advertising 3rd parties more. How can both Nintendo and 3rd parties be successful?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.