Forums

Topic: NX aparantly not as powerful as PS4 rumour. Discussion on good/bad things this could mean.

Posts 121 to 140 of 384

skywake

rallydefault wrote:

The releases HAVE felt very scattered and rushed and not ready. I mean, I LOVE NSMBU. I still play it today. But that was not a proper launch game at all. Not exactly an "epic" experience, you know? Xbox One had Ryse (hey, I thought it was great, and it really showed off the hardware, had multiplayer, etc.) and PS4 had Killzone (BIG franchise for PS fans), and Wii U had... a 2D Mario in the same exact vein as 2D Marios recently put out on 3DS/DS. Felt a bit weird. And then...nothing...for a LONG time. What was it, really? Pikmin 3? Was that the next actual "big" Nintendo release? And that wasn't until the early summer or something, about half a year from launch.

Well if Ryse counts then surely Zombi U and Lego City Undercover count. And when Pikmin 3 came out we got the Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD and 3D World all at about the same time. Compare that to the XBOne in particular they sold that thing at E3 2013 as being the box to play Killer Instinct and the Halo collection and those games came out about a year after launch.

Not that I'm saying the Wii U was great, I'm just saying they all suffered from it. It's certainly not something exclusive to the Wii U. It was just more of a big deal because they weren't selling hardware and third parties were pulling out at the same time. I doubt any of that was part of some plan to hold back content so they could be ready for the thing after the Wii U.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

rallydefault

@skywake: Nay nay, said the horse. You're altering history, kind sir. Pikmin released in mid July; 3D World released in late November (I'm in U.S.). That's not "about the same time." That's, quite literally, over three months apart. You can't just mash things together and pretend it happened a certain way.

Also...Killer Instinct was live on Xbox One when it launched. I bought my Xbox One at launch, and I downloaded/was playing KI that same day. So unless my gamertag was given some sort of top-secret permission access, you are once again modifying history in some pretty strange ways.

But I will say I greatly enjoyed ZombiU, and that can certainly count. But if you didn't really notice, I was only sticking to first-party games. If you want to broaden out to third-party stuff, then we can include a whole lot more on the Xbox One/PS4 side of things.

...Skywake, man, you really have to take a moment to get your info straight before making statements.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

-Green-

@bezerker99: I feel Nintendo is doing so poorly because it's making the grave mistake of going against its consumers. It's not only hurting its fanbase but its reputation. Sony is doing a perfect job at appealing to its consumers and is doing great because of it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

SuperWiiU

Aromaiden wrote:

@bezerker99: I feel Nintendo is doing so poorly because it's making the grave mistake of going against its consumers. It's not only hurting its fanbase but its reputation. Sony is doing a perfect job at appealing to its consumers and is doing great because of it.

Sony and MS have done that too, but they've changed their ways and are seeing the rewards(MS is still recovering from the Xbox One reveal), Nintendo can do the same.

-Green-

SuperWiiU wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Sony and MS have done that too, but they've changed their ways and are seeing the rewards(MS is still recovering from the Xbox One reveal), Nintendo can do the same.

Agreed.

CaptainToad777

Aromaiden wrote:

true!
Nintendo is telling its customers what they should want or need - not the other way round and that is sad.

CaptainToad777

DjLewe78

If this is all about stubbornness on Nintendos part, their are not the company we thought they are.
A company runs from the top down, we know who they are, and if this sucks (which i hope it doesn't) they have to go. Old dog new tricks etc....

1 up !

DefHalan

CaptainToad777 wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

true!
Nintendo is telling its customers what they should want or need - not the other way round and that is sad.

I think a big problem is the mixed messaging consumers send to companies. The Wii was a huge success but when people said they wanted 3rd Parties you get the Wii U launch. So many 3rd Party games at launch but no one seemed to care. People claim they want new IPs, then we get Splatoon. Then people complain that they want old franchises in new ways, so we get Federation Force. So people complain they want those classic games in the classic ways, and we got Star Fox Zero. Which have been complaining about because it doesn't look "new enough." (This is not the order of events, this is just an example of what consumers are telling Nintendo)

This is why it is so difficult to understand what direction Nintendo should take.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

BigBabyPeach

@Aromaiden: @CaptainToad777: I don't wanna be pompous or anything, but there's this great Henry Ford quote: "If I had asked my customers what they wanted they would have said a faster horse."

I like that Nintendo is taking risks and trying to surprise their customers, that's why I'm excited about the NX. It could be an amazing new experience or a total failure. Nintendo is doing the right thing by not making the NX a wannabe-PC like the other so called 'home consoles'.

BigBabyPeach

AJ_Lethal

Spectra_Twilight wrote:

Tsk tsk. This tweet has caused so much chaos and loss of faith. And why? People are filling in the blanks with the worst possible answers, rather than reasonably thinking about the context around this message. Allow me:

The NX is definitely not aiming to compete with the likes of PS4 on a power level. Absolutely sure of that now.

Now, given the reputation of the poster in question, I don't doubt he's quoting someone with some involvement with the NX. Despite this, realize that information about the NX is still very need-to-know right now. Many posters already have seen the vague wording used. In fact, if you'll recall, Miyamoto has said in the past that Nintendo seeks to avoid competition with other major consoles, and do its own thing. They typically "don't aim to compete" with anyone, instead creating new ideas they think will make the experience on their console unique, and thus warrant a purchase without having to be as powerful

Before claiming that I've confirmed the NX being an underpowered console, really consider what that means...to not "aim to compete". It says absolutely nothing about how powerful the NX will be. In all likelihood, the poster in question spoke to someone, and asked them about the power of the console and if it could be expected to compete with the PS4. What he posted was likely the response, that Nintendo isn't aiming to compete with the PS4 in terms of power. If this was the case, the answer was likely meant to be as vague and away from the question as possible, to not reveal anything about the NX.

And if you've caught on by now, you're probably wondering if the one who tweeted this rumor is trolling us by relaying this information out-of-context.

The answer is likely yes. Very yes.

The way I see it, the true power of the NX is still entirely up in the air. This panic has been pointless. Save your energy and tears for substantial evidence towards something worth worrying about.

[/quote]

I'm still baffled how people are acting like headless chicken when rather unsubstantiated rumors show up (and probably it was posted just to stir things up for some kind of profit). They act like this little guy on PCP:
Untitled

-Green-

@AJ_Lethal: Apparently he's reliable and will discuss in the future how he came to know this information. Although I still will prefer to wait and hear it from Nintendo.

AJ_Lethal

Aromaiden wrote:

@AJ_Lethal: Apparently he's reliable and will discuss in the future how he came to know this information. Although I still will prefer to wait and hear it from Nintendo.

Can somebody fill me up with his track record regarding rumors?

Ryno

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Can somebody fill me up with his track record regarding rumors?

"Reported the PS4 Uncharted collection, Fallout 4 Pip-boy collector's edition etc. before they were announced. He also has information about PS4/XBO port of ZombiU which is not yet confirmed but there was "Zombi" for Xbox One by Ubisoft in one of rating agency lists recently." - http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1074926

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

DefHalan wrote:

This is why it is so difficult to understand what direction Nintendo should take.

Why is so difficult for Nintendo but not for Sony or Microsoft?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

-Green-

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Not really. Microsoft was also having trouble with what direction they were taking when they released the XB1. I'm not sure about Sony though.

DefHalan

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Because Sony and Microsoft are not in the same situation as Nintendo.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

DefHalan wrote:

CaptainToad777 wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

true!

I think a big problem is the mixed messaging consumers send to companies. The Wii was a huge success but when people said they wanted 3rd Parties you get the Wii U launch. So many 3rd Party games at launch but no one seemed to care. People claim they want new IPs, then we get Splatoon. Then people complain that they want old franchises in new ways, so we get Federation Force. So people complain they want those classic games in the classic ways, and we got Star Fox Zero. Which have been complaining about because it doesn't look "new enough." (This is not the order of events, this is just an example of what consumers are telling Nintendo)

This sounds like the Sonic fanbase. That's why Sonic has never truly recovered. My god... Nintendo is Sonic D:

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ryno

@Aromaiden: Sure, when the Xbox One launched. But ever since Phil Spencer took over as the head of the Xbox One their direction is clear.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

-Green-

IceClimbers wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

CaptainToad777 wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

true!

This sounds like the Sonic fanbase. That's why Sonic has never truly recovered. My god... Nintendo is Sonic D:

Sounds like the classic "the past is repeating itself" situation.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.