Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX Arrives March 2017!

Posts 61 to 80 of 175

jump

Octane wrote:

I thought that they were going to release at least 4 more mobile games this fiscal year. And if Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem are the upcoming two games, then it would only make sense if we had an Animal Crossing game to go along with the mobile entry. You said it yourself, they've got a part of the assets ready on Wii U...

Are they including Pokemon Go with that? Otherwise the 4 are Miitomo, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Pokemon Go.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@arronishere: Nope, Pokémon GO is one of the many games from The Pokémon Company. There's more Pokémon stuff out on mobile already, especially in Japan. None of that is part of Nintendo's mobile plan.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

I think the NX will be revealed in August or September, more than likely a week or so after Color Splash and Federation Force.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

WebHead wrote:

Again who ready for late third party ports that no one will buy?

Throw in those ports not even coming with all the dlc, and you've got yourself a deal!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

skywake

The tl;dr of today's announcements:

1. NX is launching in March 2017
2. Zelda U is coming to NX (implying NX >= Wii U in terms of power. Say goodbye to your hybrid dreams)
3. Wii U sales are projected to drop by 80%, software by 50% (it's going to "kill" the Wii U. It's a home console)
4. 3DS sales are projected to drop by 30%, software sales are projected to increase (Pokemon)
5. Nintendo isn't going to have much of a presence at E3. They aren't alone (Two words: Twitch & Youtube)
6. Nintendo's next mobile apps are based on Animal Crossing & Fire Emblem (obvious contenders IMO)

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Shinion

@skywake: looking at that it's obvious why people are disappointed and why it's a risky place for Nintendo to be in, but I yet again can't fathom the doom-and-gloom-brigade that thinks that Nintendo can't do anything right and that there's no way they know what they're doing here. It's all a bunch of 'if', 'buts' and 'maybes' at this point but if someone is reading this in 2-3 years time and Nintendo are still in the healthy profitable position they've been in for the vast majority of their operations as a videogame company, I'd like to point out that I for one didn't write them off. I don't have a clue how well they will do and I don't plan on estimating but I'm not going to hope or even expect failure. There's little merit in doing that IMO.

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

@skywake: I disagree with the implication of 2, Zelda U coming to NX means nothing in terms of power. Don't get me wrong, it likely is what you said but you can't determine from that info alone. Same with point 3, the projections for Wii U could be in light of Sony's plans. Basically that Nintendo expects PS4K, PSVR and stellar 2016 lineup to take away a lot of potential sales.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DJaa

With the Zelda delay, I think nintendo is finished tbh. Nintendo is so focussed with the NX launch, they're not realising how its killing any enthousiasm and mindshare for their products. 12 million loyalists had been screwed hard, and now they're screwed even harder.

Nintendo always speaks about momentum, but frankly I dont think Nintendo knows what momentum really means. You cant go from an alltime low of goodwill to a huge succes. NX even if its a good product is gonna struggle in getting back the enthusiasm from the people disliking nintendo right now.

Again, I think nintendo is really finished this time. I had been defending against that for the longest time, but it seems indeed that I was far removed from reality. It was a good run Nintendo. I had found a cool company to scratch a bit of that SEGA itch I lost with SEGA's downfall, and now nintendo is falling into that route as well.

Its kind of a sad time honestly. I preferred Sony's way of dealing with the failing ps3. It felt a lot more confidential to own a ps3 and enjoy playing it. But for some reason it irks me now owning nintendo products, like im not being respected as their consumer. But then again, Sony does have the vita.

Well anyway, PC is great

Edited on by DJaa

DJaa

MysteryMan23

Certainly an odd group of decisions...but I'm going to look for the silver linings here. The last thing I want is to be caught up in typical internet negativity.

For one thing, it might not just be the games that need to be ready. The NX needs to be ready as well. If they're using parts more powerful than those in consoles releasing this year, that could easily have prevented a Holiday 2016 launch.

And as for E3, easily the most controversial announcement, Nintendo might just have their own plans for the reveal. If so, chances are they'll announce their plans prior to the full reveal.

Still, I can understand people being disappointed in these decisions. I think we were all expecting a Holiday 2016 launch date, with a reveal at E3. Actually, this is kind of my own way of dealing with disappointment, heh heh.

tl,dr: Odd and somewhat disappointing, but I'm not out of hope just yet.

Edited on by MysteryMan23

Nintendo Network ID: GamerDude23

Vinny

I just realized Patcher was right about the 2017 release! But he also said it was "not going to be very good". Dunno about the last one, I'll just wait and see.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

jump

^who's Patcher?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Vinny

@arronishere: Michael.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

TuVictus

Sounds like it was meant to be a holiday 2016 release, but either lack of finished games or fear of the PS4k and whatever Xbox one is may have pushed it back to a more quiet part of the year. I'm all for it. Most people thought holiday 2016 or holiday 2017. Not many thought it'd launch at such an unusual period of the year

TuVictus

FragRed

@Vinny: I know a guy called Michael. He works at the pub. Dunno his last name though

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

Is Michael Patchett well respected/known? I've just googled michael patcher and the first page of google results is all about some lawyer named Michael Patchett-Joyce who doesn't even seem that well known.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

TuVictus

@TheLastLugia: Dude, your version of "poking fun" was insulting people who had different opinions than you by mocking them and then just screaming "Chill dude it was all a joke geez i guess I'll be banned now, huh". Not saying others didn't make insulting posts, but you were just as much a contributor of negative postings than anyone else. And now you're acting all high and mighty, making you seem even worse. Just stop. Holiday 2016 people were wrong, like myself. But I'm not apologizing for jack. That's just petty and stupid. Not apologizing for thinking something I thought.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

GrailUK

I am ok with a 2017 release. COME ON ZELDA U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.