Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX Arrives March 2017!

Posts 41 to 60 of 175

WebHead

Not gonna lie kinda bummed. Not looking to watch their e3 stuff. You had one job Nintendo.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Akane

@DjLewe78: I'm not talking about Nintendo Mobile. I'm talking about a Nintendo handheld gaming device with smart phone features. Think of the future successor of the New 3DS. If Nintendo added in wireless connection, a phone and text messaging, it would most likely sell better than a device focused entirely on gaming. The big mass is not looking for a dedicated handheld gaming system, they want to be able to have a device that combines it all.

While Nintendo's core target group is gamers, the 3DS has not been a similar success than its predecessor and I suspect sales would be smaller for its successor if they continued with the same formula.

I'm not saying I want NX to be this because I really don't. I'm also not expecting you to agree with me. I'm just saying that adding in smart phone features to their next handheld could be a smart move for Nintendo.

Vendetta-Strada - A mafia game forum
Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors Legends, Pokémon Shuffle

Nintendo Network ID: NonEgo

Shinion

I expect a typed apology from those people whom insulted users here for not sharing their mindset that the NX was 100% launching this year and that the rumours were 100% right. You know who you are. You have 24 hours.

Yes I'm kidding. But I'm also seriously gloating. That first part wasn't a joke though, people have been literally insulted over this. Ridiculous. And of course they were wrong, when are those kind of people ever right

Oh and yay NX and Zelda hype I guess.

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

@NewAdvent: We'll actually see next week as the new CoD is being revealed then.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@NewAdvent: @Grumblevolcano: No absolutely 100% not. If Nintendo hasn't announced or won't announce what the NX is then developers can't say what they've got in the works.

Oh and if it's a March release then don't expect any big third party support so that's no COD and no FIFA.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

rallydefault

TheLastLugia wrote:

I expect a typed apology from those people whom insulted users here for not sharing their mindset that the NX was 100% launching this year and that the rumours were 100% right. You know who you are. You have 24 hours.

Yes I'm kidding. But I'm also seriously gloating. That first part wasn't a joke though, people have been literally insulted over this. Ridiculous. And of course they were wrong, when are those kind of people ever right

Oh and yay NX and Zelda hype I guess.

lol

lol

... lol

I expect the same from everyone in the "Zelda U coming to NX" thread who insulted ME and made me feel like my mindset and ideas were inferior. Along with @LetsGoRetro (I think that is his name).

So, yes, I and some others were wrong about the 2016 thing, and I'm comfortable enough with myself and my humanity to admit that. But I also never belittled and insulted people the way I was back in the Zelda thread. Including by you, @TheLastLuigia. So let's see if you can step up to your own words and make an apology.

Anyway, I'm at least glad we finally have some solid info!

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

DjLewe78

Maybe now it's been "announced" lots more development kits will be distributed ?

1 up !

jump

On the plus side it reassures people they will support the Wii U til 2017 by announcing they have a major game coming then...right, RIGHT?!?!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FragRed

@DjLewe78: I'd think development kits were already in circulation just not for indie studios, and being Nintendo that may not change until they reveal the hardware. They're still gonna be extremely worried about potential leaks.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

skywake

rallydefault wrote:

So, yes, I and some others were wrong about the 2016 thing, and I'm comfortable enough with myself and my humanity to admit that. But I also never belittled and insulted people the way I was back in the Zelda thread. Including by you, @TheLastLuigia. So let's see if you can step up to your own words and make an apology.

It was a long thread. Though it started with talk about Zelda U skipping the Wii U entirely which was clearly wrong. Then it evolved into a back-and-forward with some people saying the NX was definitely a home console launching in 2016 with Zelda. Others, myself included, said that one or all of those things could be wrong. Turns out one of those things was wrong but 2/3 ain't bad. My scepticism appears to have been misplaced.

The bit you're talking about? I believe by that point the discussion had turned to the merits of the idea that the NX was a hybrid console. I remain sceptical of that idea so I'm not doing to apologise for calling it a bad idea. I think if anything the events of today make it seem even less likely. From the look of their sales projections? The Wii U is going to tank next FY and the 3DS won't. That doesn't sound like a hybrid launch to me. Until otherwise stated I think we must assume that the NX is the Wii U's successor.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Aozz101x

here something that could happen,
they did say that zelda would only be at E3 Show floor, but they never said anything on Best Buy/Gamestop
although, it speculation. i could be wrong.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

FragRed

@NewAdvent: Third party developers aren't going to port to a system with Wii U specs, especially with the PS4 Neo on the horizon taking it further ahead in terms of power. So I think the NX has to be PS4 Neo power if they want any chance of being taken seriously by potential gamers and developers.

But until Nintendo says anything about the system, don't expect any games to be announced by anyone.

WebHead

Again who ready for late third party ports that no one will buy?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

skywake

shaneoh wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

This pretty much guarantees that Wii U will have new game reveals at E3.

While I probably wouldn't get it myself, there is certainly be room for a main Animal Crossing game on the Wii U.

On this point here. I noticed an interesting tweet:

I can't really see them getting it to interface with New Leaf. I mean, that game didn't even have MiiVerse functionality. They'd have to patch it in order to get it to work yeah? So, I think a new Animal Crossing game is a strong possibility. Now whether it's Wii U, NX or both is anyone's guess. Could be nothing, could be something else entirely.

Though, if I was to guess at this point I'd say NX....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

@WebHead: Yeah, it takes a lot more than just a few late ports to get that ball rolling. They should release it like they did with Bayonetta for example, or the Uncharted Trilogy; Make the previous entries available for those who have never played them. That doesn't work for every game though. I don't know, thinking about it, Nintendo has been missing out on big third party games for a long time, not sure if catching up is actually feasible for most franchises. Maybe focus on either new and exclusive third parties as well.

Octane

Octane

@skywake: I thought that they were going to release at least 4 more mobile games this fiscal year. And if Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem are the upcoming two games, then it would only make sense if we had an Animal Crossing game to go along with the mobile entry. You said it yourself, they've got a part of the assets ready on Wii U...

Octane

Shinion

@rallydefault: I never directly or intentionally insulted anyone, maybe poked a bit of fun but never insults, I know that and am comfortable with that. If you're accusing me (and others) specifically of doing so, you better bring more than just "lolololol", because that's just pathetic.

As I said the users that did do so and let videogames and videogame discussions get to their heads know who they are. I know who they are too but I won't throw names around without proof of such because I am above that. The spite and language that was used around these parts over the past few months went beyond what one would expect from a forum about videogames. Though the way the Internet is and with specific reference to videogames, maybe I am the naive one and should expect to be singled out and insulted for not buying rumours as the absolute truth. The only person who has offered some sort of apology is not someone whom I saw throwing insults, if they think they've for something to apologise for then that's very honourable of them. But I'm not singling out people, as much as a part of me would like to.

But yeah that's poor from yourself I'm afraid.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.