Forums

Topic: Let's talk names

Posts 101 to 120 of 178

Sisilly_G

HyperCube won't be the name of the next system considering the unceremonious sales figures of the GameCube. Nintendo Hyper maybe ("we're hyped for Hyper!" =/).

I really like the name NX and I'm sure that many here agree, but I doubt that it will be the final name of the system. I really hope that it will be though.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Arminillo

Just call it the Nintendo. If it is truly a hybrid, when parents are looking for a game they just look for the games with the big N and grab it just like that.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

spizzamarozzi

They need a name that lets the people know the machine can do spectacular things but it is also accessible to the working classes:

Nintendo Magic Brick

it's a wonderful name. Also, it shouldn't come in a box but wrapped in newspaper with a rubber band around it. Or two rubber bands criss-crossing?! You can get really fancy with the packaging these days.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

veeflames

Really, if the NX is a home console, then Ultra NES is arguably a perfect name for it. Straight to the point, and less mocking. Or Wii 3. Makes sense.
I just saw another suggestion on this very page: Nintendo Magic Brick. Really? REALLY? That won't work. It just sounds silly.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

-Godot

Home: New Wii U.
Portable: New New 3DS.
Hybrid: New WiiDS.
Untitled

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

At_Lazuli

The New Super Game Nintendo Wii3DSUCUBEBOY Entertainment System 64... actually that name is so good thats what I'll name my first child x)

Edited on by At_Lazuli

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

spizzamarozzi

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I just saw another suggestion on this very page: Nintendo Magic Brick. Really? REALLY? That won't work. It just sounds silly.

It's a great name. It's a thing of beauty, really. Pink Floyd made a whole record around bricks and nobody thought it was silly.
Another ace name is Nintendo Disco 2000. That's really special.
You can add as many latin/greek adverbs and adjectives (Mega, Ultra, Hyper, Proto, Scroto, Super, Duplex etc) and it still sounds like a plastic toy for children. But if you add "2000" at the end, it sounds like something that comes from the future and shoots lasers while a theremin plays in the background.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Whydoievenbother

The NX should be named based on it's defining features.
If it's really fast: Nintendo SuperSonic
If it's really powerful: Nintendo PowerHouse
If Nintendo is making this their last console: Nintendo Finale
etc.
And if not, Nintendo OverDrive.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

LetsGoRetro

@kyuubikid213 ,

Umm... NX't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry couldn't resist)

I like "Nintendo Stream" but it only sounds good if you say Nintendo in front of it as I can't imagine anyone saying "Wanna play some Stream?"

LetsGoRetro

Megas75

I've gotten so used to them calling it the NX, I'd actually fine if they just left it "NX"

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

SuperAndrew2401

Home Console: Fusion Home
Portable: Fusion portable
Hybrid: Fusion Cross

SuperAndrew2401

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9770-7682 | Nintendo Network ID: andrewb | Twitter:

Citano

Ultra Nintendo / Nintendo Ultra

Tho I don't mind if they stick to NX tbh.

YouTube: Citanoo | Twitch: Citano

Switch Friend Code: SW-6889-0490-7786 | 3DS Friend Code: 1676-3904-6109 | My Nintendo: Citano | Nintendo Network ID: Citanoo | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

SuperAndrew2401 wrote:

Home Console: Fusion Home
Portable: Fusion portable
Hybrid: Fusion Cross

Don't forget Mr. Fusion!
Untitled

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

WebHead

If its a microconsole I'd call it Nintendo Mini.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

cameronbelmont

NES NX

Currently Playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition

veeflames

Assuming the NX is a home console, how about Nintendo goes back to the basics: The Ultra Nintendo Entertainment Console, or the UNEC (pronounced ooh-nec, not you-nec). If it's a handheld on the other hand, then maybe I'll be fine with the 4DS or HDS. If it's a hybrid, then Nintendo should call it "The Ultra Nintendo Cross System,* or the UNXC.
XD

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.