Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,223

edhe

@Delibheel
It doesn’t always appear so early in the day. It’s usually more prompt on the android store, apparently.

I like these summon tickets though. They effectively offer a free summon a day with the daily rewards. They’ll really begin to pay off if you choose to mass summon.
I got new girl in my with my first 4 orbs of the day, so I’m pretty chuffed, but with these summon tickets, ive got a greater chance than usual to get a few more copies, and maybe try for an Ophelia too.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Eel

Alfonse and Sharena...

Have parents!? I never thought they'd ever appear in game.

I bet they're gonna die in this book.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Enigminator

@Delibheel They've mentioned them in Book II. But yeah, I was as surprised as you were when they appeared.

Enigminator

Enigminator

I'm a little disappointed that my favorite hero isn't in this special banner, but I think Holiday Eirika's skills make up for it.

Enigminator

Cynas

I feel like Echoes doesn't get much love in this game, especially considering it's the most recent Fire Emblem. We're missing about half of the cast and the only Echoes character to have an alternate skin is Celica. Somehow we haven't even gotten a second Alm yet.

It also doesn't help that the characters we've gotten from Echoes have mostly been very weak.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

edhe

@Tsurii There's your 4th Ephraim, and this one's an armour. They all are.

More OP armoured units. One of them is a dragon, of course, so it can annihilate foes of either low defence or resistance. The other is a healer with a skill that's just daring you to pair it up with Surtr so you can make hime even more insufferable in Aether Raids.

Cecilia was a nice surprise though, and while it's nice Fae got an alt, they really need to broaden their horizons a bit. I agree @Cynas - it's like they've forgotten Echoes exists - although I'm sure we'll see another Celica down the line to bring her up to four variations, and screw everyone else who appeared in the game. We only got Kliff in October.
Echoes doesn't have an armoured unit yet - Valbar would be a prime candidate, and while I don't think any exclusive flying units appear in the game, an Est, Catria & Palla variation based on their appearence in that game would be welcome.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Enigminator

@Cynas "Echoes doesn't get much love in this game." Can't say that I agree with you. They had 4 banners featuring Alm's and Celica's armies respectively during its launch.

"We're missing about half of the cast." Thracia only has 6; not including the alts.

Enigminator

Cynas

@Enigminator It makes sense that when the game was released we had banners to reflect that, but we really haven't seen much since then. It at least makes sense that Thracia hasn't had much representation in the game considering it was only released in Japan and it came out in 1999. I would expect Echoes to get about as much representation as Awakening and Fates, but that isn't happening. I can understand it being a bit less than those two because Echoes isn't quite as popular.

Thracia has been given 2 alts, the same number that Echoes has been given. Alm was even rated 4th out of the males in the "Choose your Legends" a while ago but we havent seen any alt of him. Doesn't that seem a little strange to you? Especially when comparing it to the recent FE games.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Enigminator

@Cynas I hadn't paid attention to the CYL ranks so you do have a point with that. But I have a feeling they're going to make Alm a legendary hero in the near future. They'll probably go with his old design like they did with Celica's.

Enigminator

Cynas

Pulled a +Spd/-Res Winter Eirika on my second summon, so I'm pretty happy about that. She's the main unit that I wanted this time around. My +2 Surtr with Summoner Support has the same attack stat as my Spooky Myrrh, so with Eirika's buff I'm sitting at a constant 64 Atk, 55 Def, 41 Res with Surtr (even without Surtr's Menace) and 64 Atk, 50 Def, 39 Res with Myrrh.

Now I just need to figure out what skills I should give Eirika and if I want to pull for different IVs.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Enigminator

lel I got Elincia from a free summon lel

Enigminator

Eel

I got like five Kageros, the wrong Fae.

And... Loki? I mean, that's cool finally a 5 star!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

There's nothing more depressing than a tap battle with Sakura as the boss.

I mean, they already imply you're actually killing these characters, and they're just defending themselves, but she goes "I'm sorry” every now and then.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Enigminator

@Delibheel What I find depressing is that the endings in all of them are the same.

Enigminator

edhe

Aether raids are pretty manageable with a Surtr. I'm not talking about defense, because it's a waste of time making a big effort to create a near impentetrable squad when there's at least one person out there who'll be able to beat it. It doesn't make it an interesting mode for me, but parking a Surtr in range of their Veronica/Lyn/even Surtr and taking them out one by one seems to win the day. Loki is also handy in restricting the movement of some of the more troublesome ranged units.
I wouldn't bother with any of it if it wasn't for the grails you get - I've purchased 3 Aversas now, although I've yet to merge any yet.

Speaking of merges, I finally acihieved a +10 Reinhardt to go with my +10 regular Cecilia. I also have a +10 Donnel, but I don't know what I was thinking with that. Does anyone else have a +10 they've created? Or ambitions for any?
I've got several I'd like to create, and the copies to create them, but lack the feathers for all of them. The next candidates I have are Mae & Boey, Chrom (if I don't sack them for their Aether specials), Hinata (ditto, fury), Effie, Oboro, Arthur(!?), Beruka, Felicia, Kagero, and Serra. None of them are that remarkable without skill inheritance, but I've got to do something with the feathers. I have collected a few Lilinas at this point - enough to get me to +7, and she may prove useful in combating the many Surtrs I'll meet from here on out.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Enigminator

@Tsurii Nope. She's easily taken care of by my favorite hero. Surtr on the other hand is a different story.

Edited on by Enigminator

Enigminator

edhe

I wanted a Christmas Fae (if you watched the voice clips video on YouTube, you would too), but I couldn’t get one. First, I told myself I’d spend 50 orbs, then 100, and before I know it, I’m left with just 23 orbs...

I was pity broken by a Surtr for crying out loud!!!

I’ll admit I did get 3 Eirikas (and an Ephraim), with less than 200 orbs, but I’m disappointed with myself for not keeping hold of them. I’m glad I don’t spend real money like that.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Eel

The constant presence of Sharena in the loading art and that moment in the video makes me wonder how they’ll handle that.

Like, will they actually actually kill her off, removing the unit and all, or something.

Bloop.

edhe

@Delibheel
You ask an interesting question. Story Gunnthra was always a separate entity to the Gunnthra you’d summon, but a character like Sharena dying sets a whole new precedent.

It could be a precursor to Sharena being summonable, or maybe the Askr trio will get their own mechanic one day - like a class change, or at least one that upgrades their movement in some way, if IS were worried people might get promoted away their last Axe, for example (Anna, Sharena and Alfonse cannot be sent home, so you’ll always have at least one red, blue and green unit).

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic