Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,223

edhe

Fire Emblem Heroes' Japanese twitter account has revealed the preliminary voting results for the Choose your Legends ballot, so now is the time to vote tactically if you want to, in some way, influence the results. Or you can vote with your heart like I did.

My latest votes have been for Niime (because Wrys needs a ship), Anna from Fire Emblem Fates (I wonder if they'll ever introduce a non "Commander" Anna), Miriel from Awakening, and Reinhardt, who, surprisingly, is riding high in the male chart at #5.

The early results are the predictable fair though - Camilla and Azura are up there, so to is Eirika, who's just had her own surprise "Brave Hero" release.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

edhe

Hector, and Ephraim, Celica, and, amazingly, Veronica (a Heroes OC) have won the voting, and will appear in the games as brave heroes.

I'd saved up over 250 orbs by this point, so I decided to spend a few on the Legendary Ike banner, and once you start, it's difficult to stop - I spent over 100 orbs, and I was hoping to get Summer Robin or Brave Lucina. There's an event coming where everyone can vote for a hero, and everyone will receive a free 5 star of it - it's expected that legendary Ike will possibly win that, but I wanted to limit myself, because I want to see what the Brave Heroes banner offers.

I had a bit more luck with my pulls this time; I got my first Summer Frederick - in two consecutive sessions, my first Takumi, who I've been wanting for ages for his distant counter, but not before raising him to level 40 and getting a few feathers out of him with hero merit, and my first Sothe at 4 stars.
Other pulls of note include my tenth Arthur and eleventh Oboro. Now I just need a ton of feathers so I can raise their potential to 5 stars and merge them.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Eel

Aw I'd rather have Bruno than Veronica.

Still, it'll be interesting to get a main villain as a brave hero.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

edhe

@Tsurii

The 50 orbs present in now available, as well as the first of 25 p#ss easy special maps that get you an orb per difficulty. There's also a 10 day(?) log in bonus, although I don't know how many are up for grabs.

As for Ike, I'd be happy to get the regular one, nevermind the brave or legendary one (although they would be welcome). A Myrrh too. They all seem to be so powerful - Myrrh for instance wrecks my Ayra in the arena, and I don't really have anything to counter it with. Her weapon is so cheap.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Eel

Used about 110 orbs in the Ike banner (all free orbs of course), got 2 5* (Sanaki and Seigbert).

No Ikes unfortunately.

My Ike collection remains incomplete.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

I got a 5* Hector in the new banner!

The wrong one.

Also wow the game is now a rhythm game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

I got Brave Ike when you got to choose a free Brave hero out of Ike, Lyn, Roy and Lucina and then normal Ike from a later banner. Radiant Dawn Ike will likely be the winner of the free hero this time so my Ike collection will be complete.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

edhe

This is a joke! They've released a special Celica, Ephraim and Hector already this year, yet they aren't the choose your legends editions, so we can expect another one of each, plus Veronica when it's finally time. There will be 3 Celicas, 3 Hectors and 3 Ephraims. The current variations share their original weapons, so it might be interesting to see what they get for their brave incarnations.

A little variety would be nice.

I did manage to get myself a 'Love Abounds' Hector though, and he's serving me well. Much like a regular Hector would, I imagine - in fact, I got two, so I gave his distant counter to my 'Winter Envoy' Lissa. I should have probably picked a red or blue armoured unit to give it to, but yolo.

I also got lucky with a colourless Roy and armoured, blue mage Lyn as well, and both are serving me well. I gave Lyn renewal, which is proving useful in the Tempest trials, and it allows her to move those two spaces regularly, but I'll probably look for another skill for single battle use.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

edhe

@Tsurii

That's a given. maybe they could have postponed these duplicate heroes a little though. In the related news posts in the app, they've explicitly had to state that they aren't the 'Choose your Legends' heroes.

I think it's about time they added some new Awakening characters - they added a selection of offspring from Fates, so why not Awakening too. Then again, there are a lot of characters from more unrepresented games in the series that ought to be in there too. Speaking of the recent 'Fallen Heroes' banner, Orson from Sacred Stones could have been an interesting inclusion.
But Celica isn't a popular character for nothing, as has been demonstrated in the 'Choose your Legends' and 'A Hero Rises' polls.

I think, ultimately, it's a mistake to introduce non-seasonal (limited) duplicates like Horse Eirika, previously, and, more recently, Celica and fallen Robin, because it leads to these situations. Camus in a top hat or pirate Anna (wishful thinking) would be a different matter. They've set a precedent with these duplicate heroes that's hard to reverse.

Although I suppose their reasoning is it's all about pleasing the fans - they haven't been giving out multiple Rodericks after all.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Cynas

I'm curious to see what 5 star heroes people have accumulated over the past year. I like that the game is very generous with orbs so as long as you log on regularly it's pretty easy to get good characters. Here's the ones that I've gotten so far.

Untitled
Untitled

Hardin and Love Abounds Hector are my most recent additions and they've already both earned a spot in my main party. Both of them are insanely good, and I find the new Hector is even better than the original.

I've noticed I have a weird tendency of getting consecutive repeats with 5 star characters. Does this happen to anyone else? It's usually for characters that aren't even on the focus. Here's a screenshot of one of the times it's happened, but as you can see from my list it happens a lot.

Untitled

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

edhe

@Tsurii There will be three Ephraims once the brave Ephraim becomes available. There's definitely the potential for a forth Ephraim to show up though.

@Xaldin As of this morning, I now have 100 5 star units. I had paid for the starter pack as a gesture to the developers for the 20 orbs, but other than that I haven't spent anything.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Roughly 48 heroes were received at 5 stars, and if you subtract the duplicates, I'd actually have 93 unique units. What I'll do with them, I don't know.

And now for my pride and joy, two of my favourite, most used units.

Untitled
Untitled

Admittedly, I've been using Reinhardt less these days (people complain he's too powerful), and I've been managing in the arena without him, but not everyone would be so kind, so I never leave the house without Cecilia. She effectively counters Reinhardt and Brave Lyn, and she's often the first to see battle as I move her in range of the team's Reinhardt or Brave Lyn.
I have been missing Reinhardt's guaranteed double attack though - in the last Arena season, I'd been using 'Love Abounds' Lyn, and while she's fast, she doesn't consistently double every unit.

Neither unit is optimised, but they get the job done.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

edhe

@Tsurii Are you mistaking Eliwood (armoured spear) for Ephraim? Other than him, the only other valentines heroes are Hector and Roy. Add to that Lyn and Lilina, and Lyn, Caeda, Charlotte & Cordelia from last year's 'Bridal Blessings' event, and those are the only Valentines units released so far.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Cynas

@edhe That's a pretty impressive list! I've never spent any of the feathers to to upgrade a hero to 5 stars so all 46 of mine were received at 5 stars (48 now actually with the free Vanguard Ike and I summoned Shiro today from the new focus). I have about 100,000 Hero Feathers but I'm always afraid to use them because I don't do arena much so I want to make sure I use them on heroes I'll actually use. I've considered upgrading Reinhardt though.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Eel

Haha, it's curious because Eliwood and Ephraim don't really have much in common. Maybe the cape?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

Oh wow, five 5* heroes in one playing session is what I'd call a good day.

Specially when three of them were free and the other two only took 20 orbs. Which were free too.

So, I got legendary Ike from the "ritual", Brave Lucina from the 5* & 4* focus banner, Alm from the Falchion banner, and V!Lilina and Hawkeye from the Valentine's banner. Lucina, Alm and Hawkeye were one after the other, too.

Lilina totally Hector-blocked me. But hey that's fine.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

I decided to use the last 10 orbs I managed to collect for the valentine's banner.

Got another Lilina.

This is got to be a sick joke.

Bloop.

Varking

I wish I even knew what I was doing in this game. I just do the story mode quests and do the free summons. I feel so lost and behind as to what everyone here has unlocked.

Varking

Switch Friend Code: SW-2170-3160-1269 | My Nintendo: varking | Nintendo Network ID: Varking

Eel

I play casually.

To amass orbs just keep watching the special maps and the missions. For example, there's usually a daily (weekly?) Mission that requires you to kill 20 enemies to get an orb.

Each new episode and paralogue comes with pretty much six to ten easy orbs to collect.

Then there's the daily rewards for login in, there's at least a free orb almost every day.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic