Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,223

GrizzlyArctos

I'd love a Fire Emblem version of FF: All the Bravest. Minimal 'gameplay', packed with microtransactions, and dlc characters that are unlocked randomly each time you pay. No more of that overly complicated turn based strategy that fans 'claim' they love, all you have to do is rub the screen and watch as things happen.

Hell, Nintendo should cancel everything right now and just do this with every series.

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

Therad

Socar wrote:

So its confirmed that FE will be a free to play game.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/smartphone_animal_cr...

hmm....now how can Nintendo possibly do this? Oh I know!

Socar wrote:

Let's see how they can screw this up.

1. Not allowing players to reset the game when a unit dies. If you want the unit alive, use microtransactions.

2. Have a certain turn limit where if you want more turns, use microtransactions.

3. If you want specific weapons, use Microtransactions.

4. If you want to develop relationships or the "waifu" mechanic, get more maps through microtransactions.

5. Forge your weapons with microtransactions.

6. Reclassing can work through microtransactions.

7. Getting skills now needs microtransactions.

8. Unlocking more stories requires microtransactions. (Fates is better than what this one will ever be btw!)

9. Treasure chests can only open through microtransactions.

10. And lastly, Units can only be recruited with Microtransactions.

Then comes the look of the game. How on earth are Fates movie graphics gonna work on a phone?

I mean, look at Sakura Wars on Mobile now!

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/07/27/sega-announces-new-sakura...

tbh, I should have seen this coming long time ago. But I thought Nintendo would not go to the mobile market because they don't need to go to that market.

Guess we will never see another FE again.......

we already knew that it would be a free download, they have said it from the start. Nothing has changed, we still don't know what sort of model they will use. If they do have pay to win, just don't buy it.

Just because you write the worst thing you can think of, it doesn't mean the end for the franchise. It is all in your head. You extrapolate your own ideas to a doomsday scenario. And then you treat it as truth. And it isn't the first time you have done it either, you seem to do it all the time.

Therad

JunkosBoobies

Socar wrote:

Guess we will never see another FE again.......

I know, man. Making a Fire Emblem mobile app that's free to play with microtransactions? Oh man, this series is ruined forever! How will Nintendo EVER be able to recover from this fall from grace!? Sell more copies of Awakening and Fates? That won't work! What about Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? Absolutely will NOT be able to save the series! No more Fire Emblem games ever, because one mobile app in the game series has MICROTRANSACTIONS!

/s

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

lightEmblem

DefHalan wrote:

@Socar: I want it to be 2D art, like the GBA Fore Emblems, instead of 3D models. If they do a CCG then it probably will be 2D

^This. I'm liking the 3D stuff but some of earlier games' 2D art was pretty good art for the time (Sacred Stones for example). With a modern layer of polish 2D graphics could look outstanding now, but then maybe I'm just nostalgic.

It'd be nice if they added an option to purchase this F2P FE in it's entirety instead of continuous micro-transactions :/

lightEmblem

Socar

Now this is something interesting.....

This game called Phantom of the Rain plays very similar to Fire Emblem.

It may not have the exact charm as FE but it does prove that TRPGs can have a market on phones....hopefully FE does that.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Therad

Socar wrote:

It may not have the exact charm as FE but it does prove that TRPGs can have a market on phones....hopefully FE does that.

No, it is not possible. I distinctly remember someone here saying that to me time and time again that it is not possible. And even if it did, MC will totally ruin the experience.

Therad

KO-Cub

Socar wrote:

If you're talking about previous FE's from 4 through 10. Then you'd be correct.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Socar

@Therad @KO-Cub I was trying to be optimistic...but I see that you don't even want me to even be that. Ok so be it. FE mobile will fail miserably!

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

I thought I would bring this back since there is a Fire Emblem Direct coming up (tomorrow???)

I think we will finally see what the Fire Emblem Mobile game is and I think it will be a CCG (Collectable Card Game) I think the game play fits with standard Fire Emblem gameplay but simpler and mobile friendly.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

yokokazuo

@DefHalan I'm not familiar with CCG's, but I think it will still work like a regular FE game. And maybe it will use sprites like the GBA games.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

DefHalan

@yokokazuo I don't think a regular Fire Emblem game would translate well to mobile. While other games have tried, they haven't exploded. I think catering to the mobile audience is a better move and would lead to more success.

yokokazuo

@DefHalan ah, I do forget that it is meant to appeal to the general public so it may in fact be a bit different from the main series games. I did look up some videos on YouTube and I think I could see it being similar to them perhaps.
Less than 24 hours before we know everything now. I wonder how well it will do though.
If it is like traditional Fire Emblem games though with maybe some minor differences, perhaps Nintendo's influence may help drive some sales. Mario Run certainly had a bunch of downloads (but not sure about purchases), but Mario is also a lot more well known than Fire Emblem.

yokokazuo

DefHalan

@yokokazuo I wonder what the release date will be. I feel like it should be soon, but with the Switch releasing soon, they probably don't want to distract people with a small mobile title... but I hope they don't push it off to near Fire Emblem Warriors release

yokokazuo

@DefHalan I'll guess it will be either within January or at the start of February and then they will focus on Switch more with in the final month leading up to it

Edit: I had forgotten, but I guess that when it was delayed to this year, March was given as the release date. So unless Nintendo/IS changed their plans, it looks like it will launch in the same month as the Switch. (But they have a different target audience overall so maybe it won't really have an effect anyways. Plus it is just one small mobile game)

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

Luna_110

Yeah, a TCG could be a good possibility.

While the grid map FE uses could translate well to mobile, I don't think the tactics part and permadeath are something casual players want for a quick 5 minutes session while on the subway.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Aozz101x

i could see it being...
a Party Game ( ) [jk please don't Nintendo lol]
a TCG
a game like the main games?

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

DefHalan

I don't think a TCG would work out well. I know a lot of people don't know or understand the difference between a TCG and CCG, but here is how I see it. In a TCG, you have static cards, they never change. Anytime there is a "Named Card" in a deck, it is the same thing. In a CCG, your cards can change, morph, gain experience. So you would have a chrome card that can become stronger by itself. CCGs are more single player focused, since balancing is difficult between different leveled cards and TCGs are more duel/battle focused. With a CCG you still retain experience, leveling up, and strategy elements of Fire Emblem but lose the giant map and positioning complexities. In a CCG battles would be smaller and focus more on your party members (characters) while a TCG would focus more on battles and your cards/characters just become pawns. I know this may be a strange way to classify the differences of a CCG and a TCG but that is how I see it lol.

Just wanted to clarify what I expect to see.

EDIT: To add. With the above info, you can look at a CCG's goal would be to collect as many cards as possible to level up and make better. The goal of a TCG would be to trade cards to make a deck to be the best possible.

Edited on by DefHalan

DefHalan

Well, it has now been shown. Fire Emblem Heroes.

They were able to fit the classic Fire Emblem experience (with some CCG mechanics ) on the phone. That is awesome.

IceClimbers

Android gets it first this time!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Sleepingmudkip

Am I the only one who doesn't like its initial reveal. I'll definitely play it once its on apple products but it is bothering me in many ways.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic