Forums

Topic: Youtuber hints at big Nintendo news coming

Posts 581 to 600 of 616

Octane

@Blast: It's easier and faster to reuse assets from Pikmin 3 and make a Pikmin 4 game, than to make a completely new game. Metroid isn't going to happen, but Pikmin 4 is a game that requires less development time, since the engine and many assets can be straight up copied from Pikmin 3. Same with F-Zero, it takes too much time to get an F-Zero game working on the Wii U, besides, Metroid and F-Zero don't have their own development teams, Pikmin has. So don't blame Pikmin 4, blame Nintendo for bad team management. I'd gladly take Pikmin 4 over nothing.

Octane

whodatninja

Well it's now the 23rd. Time's up! It's all ogre.

GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

TuVictus

Pffft. Pikmin 4 is a godsend, I'm so happy they're making it. I imagine it'll be a Wii U game since it's apparently so close to completion.

TuVictus

Stude

Pikmin 4 to be amiibo-centered collection of mini games.

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

Octane

@DarthNocturnal: The media is partly to blame. Few sites and journalists actually do their research. Most just copy and paste from other sites, including the speculation, which they in turn present as fact. It's a snowball effect, you end up with an article filled with rumours presented as facts. That of course will be the more interesting article, and that's the article that everybody wants to read and the article that everyone remembers. Blame the gamers for only wanting to hear/read what they want to hear/read and blame the media for their sloppy attempts at reporting news.

Octane

jump

So now that deadline is about to pass can we please change this into a nintenDOOMED thread?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Mister_Wu

@arronishere: "Youtuber shows us that in the near future Nintendo will give news mainly through press releases, Twitter and Youtube, while big announcements will come through data mining"

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

TuVictus

I wish we got RE4. Lucky again, Europe

TuVictus

whodatninja

arronishere wrote:

So now that deadline is about to pass can we please change this into a nintenDOOMED thread?

Just pull the plug.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

DekuOnion

There is speculation Nintendo is going to reveal their first Mobile game next week.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

TuVictus

What's the speculation based on this time?

TuVictus

IceClimbers

@Operative: The investors meeting is next week. That's really the only reason for speculation. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Regardless, back on the hype train we go!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

renaryuugufan92

IceClimbers wrote:

@Operative: The investors meeting is next week. That's really the only reason for speculation. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Regardless, back on the hype train we go!

In the past directs have followed investor meetings, thus it is something to watch for. :3

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

skywake

arronishere wrote:

skywake wrote:

I just booted up the Wii U eShop because I got a notification. And it's kinda strange, they've put the Forest Temple music from Ocarina of Time on there. And I don't understand why. Possible Zelda related hype?

It's probably for Tri Force Heroes which is released tomorrow.

I actually had another look when the eShop update for the week was complete. Sometimes the tiles and other graphics lag behind the music. Turns out they've got a kind of Halloween theme and they're using it as an opportunity to push Ocarina of Time on the VC.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Mister_Wu

DarthNocturnal wrote:

OOT is a Halloween game?

Of course not, but I'll be honest: the first time I went into the Forest Temple I noticed that the music was somewhat unsetting, and before I discovered the Poe Sisters in the pictures and how to fight them, I was not at ease when I heard the Sisters' voices without seeing where they were, and that false daylight surely didn't help!

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

skywake

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@skywake
OOT is a Halloween game?

So you can understand why I was confused

The music came up before the eShop graphics were updated. When they updated? There's a Super Mario Maker banner with a ghost house theme. A halloween category and Project Zero are right up the top. Then there's a bunch of other games as you'd expect, new stuff that doesn't really fit the theme. And Ocarina of Time with the Forest Temple music playing.....

The Forest Temple music by itself? It didn't click. With all of the other stuff? I can see what they're doing. And it's not even remotely close to a reason to be hyped. Even if I was half-joking when I posted it initially anyways

Eel

Chances are other youtubers or twitters will eventually want more attention to share Nintendo hints.

Maybe we can leave this thread open those cases.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

Sooo.... I got a PS4 today and I've been having sooo much fun with it. I clicked on this thread and now I'm viewing things kinda differently. I'm still a passenger on the hype train but now I don't feel the need to be jumping up and down like a madman and hoping for anything from Nintendo. But they still really do need to do a Direct or something. They should spend some time honoring Iwata and all he did during the Direct and also talk about upcoming stuff. The Club Nintendo replacement thingie is long overdue for a reveal. That has to be revealed before a dang Nintendo mobile game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

skywake

@Blast:
Multi-platform Nintendo fanboys have it differently. We don't feel the droughts, we don't hang on every single announcement. When games skip the console you'd like them to appear on the most it doesn't hit as hard because you can still play it. But there is still hype because Nintendo hold the keys to quite a few beloved franchises. Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, StarFox, Animal Crossing etc, etc...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.