Forums

Topic: Youtuber hints at big Nintendo news coming

Posts 201 to 220 of 616

TuVictus

I honestly doubt it's tomorrow. They usually give us one day or two days notice. And it's already 1 PM eastern. Their window for announcing one for tomorrow is quickly closing.

TuVictus

SubBronze

There's always big Nintendo news coming, every day is another step closer to us playing as K. Rool in Smash and the NX launch. I'll get excited when Nintendo themselves announce stuff.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Octane

Well, that settles it, there isn't a Direct coming tomorrow, we would've heard about it by now.

Octane

veeflames

Octane wrote:

Well, that settles it, there isn't a Direct coming tomorrow, we would've heard about it by now.

Yeah, I figured as much. Nintendo doesn't really do Directs on Fridays.
I'm sorta holding my breath for next week Wednesday, when Nintendo usually broadcast its Directs.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Xenocity

@VeeFlamesNL:
Maybe Nintendo has decided to wait until Paris Game Week (10/28-11/1)like Sony to announce stuff.

I could see Nintendo do this, since a lot of people complain that Nintendo Directs are taking away from gamer events and ruins the announcement for gamers.
Personally I prefer the Nintendo Directs over gaming events.

Though there is nothing Nintendo can do to gain hype at the moment since none of there games have Western Appeal unlike Microsoft.

Edited on by Xenocity

The NPD Group defines a core gamer... See Nintendo isn't part of the "hardcore"/core gaming group according to NPD data.
http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/13/34m-hardcore-gamers-play-an-average-of-22-hours-a-week-but-nintendo-isnt-core-enough-to-count/

Nintendo Network ID: Xenocity

LzWinky

IceClimbers wrote:

All signs point to a Direct either tomorrow or on Monday/Tuesday. From a business perspective, they really need to address their consumers and get people talking about them before they have their investors meeting on the 28th.

Besides, there's been way too many leaks lately for them not to address things in a Direct. The leaks are going to get out of hand if they don't. Only a matter of time until whatever news Roger is teasing gets leaked.

Leaks happen regardless, so I doubt that will play a role in any decision

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

veeflames

@LztheQuack: The amount of leaks that have been popping up recently is kinda getting out of hand... which is why Nintendo has to broadcast a Direct soon. Really soon.
Maybe one's in the works...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

veeflames

@Xenocity: Isn't that time period going to clash with Nintendo's investor meeting? You'd think there'd be a Direct by now before the investor meeting.

God first.

WebHead

@VeeFlamesNL: tbh I've kinda given up. NDs are gonna be back whenever Nintendo's ready I guess. And I think even then full purpose global directs will be more sporadic. I think the days of directs appearing regularly are gone.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

TuVictus

How annoying would it be if it was a japan-exclusive direct, haha

TuVictus

cookiex

WebHead wrote:

@VeeFlamesNL: tbh I've kinda given up. NDs are gonna be back whenever Nintendo's ready I guess. And I think even then full purpose global directs will be more sporadic. I think the days of directs appearing regularly are gone.

The "within two weeks" timeframe isn't even over yet.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Xenocity

@VeeFlamesNL:
Not really, since Nintendo's investors for the most part aren't interested in gaming.
Nintendo rarely announces games and products at it's investors meetings.

My point was gamers and others have been wanting Nintendo to quit announcing outside of gaming events, because it takes away from the "gaming experience".
Nintendo probably won't announce anything at all at Paris let alone attend (most companies skip it).

If Nintendo holds a direct this coming week (which it is most likely to do so, due to the holiday shopping season beginning in NA), they have a good chance of insulting and offending gamers by not announcing it at a major gaming event (GDC is the next biggest event, though Nintendo was chastised by the GDC organizers for doing big announcements there during the Wii era), which will lead to gamers ignore the products thinking they are targeted for a different group. It doesn't help that Halo 5 is gearing up along with other stuff for the "hardcore" gamers such as the new Call of Duty and other major IPs from Sony and 3rd parties.

If Nintendo waits to the next major gaming event to do so, they run the chance of upsetting Zelda fans and many gamers for not having a console Zelda for this holiday season.

Nintendo has a choice, ruin the holiday for "hardcore" gamers and other gamers by holding a direct this month or in November, in part by ignoring gaming tradition of holding announcements at gaming events or offend other gamers and Zelda fans for allowing another holiday with no console Zelda...

I truly think Nintendo will give the finger to "hardcore" gamers and let Microsoft take them with Halo 5 and Call of Duty combo.

The NPD Group defines a core gamer... See Nintendo isn't part of the "hardcore"/core gaming group according to NPD data.
http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/13/34m-hardcore-gamers-play-an-average-of-22-hours-a-week-but-nintendo-isnt-core-enough-to-count/

cookiex

Xenocity wrote:

@VeeFlamesNL:
My point was gamers and others have been wanting Nintendo to quit announcing outside of gaming events, because it takes away from the "gaming experience".

This is literally the first time I've ever heard anyone say that.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

TuVictus

Aw, shucks. Oh well, back to saying that definitely for sure within the next two weeks this 9/10 hype nintendo thing will be revealed and we will know it when we see it. And we will continue that for the next month

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@jariw: Yeah, noticed it shortly after posting.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

@Operative: yep again, I give up. I guess they just still don't know how they're gonna do it yet.

I do hope eventually Nintendo finds the courage to come out again.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DefHalan

cookiex wrote:

Xenocity wrote:

This is literally the first time I've ever heard anyone say that.

I have actually heard members of the press say that about the E3 Digital Event. While waiting in line for my E3 Pass I heard some press people saying how because Nintendo doesn't do a press conference means they are not going to check out what Nintendo is doing. Granted someone from their business will be checking out Nintendo's stuff but just because they don't do huge "Press Events" and make you feel special, you aren't going to check out their products? Nice job at being mature.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Xenocity

@cookiex:
I've heard plenty of gamers on other sites including GoNintendo and NeoGaf constantly complain about Nintendo skipping "Gaming events" to hold "Nintendo Directs".

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.