Forums

Topic: Youtuber hints at big Nintendo news coming

Posts 161 to 180 of 616

skywake

Octane wrote:

@skywake: @jariw: I can't remember who of you always kept eye on the Australian Classification Board, so forgive me for tagging the wrong person. How far in advance are games rated on the ACB? It's usually a couple of months (3 or so) before release, am I right?

Twilight Princess HD hasn't been rated, so it seems to me that it is unlikely that the game will be released this year if the rumours are true.

It was probably me

Really it depends on the game. It can be as little as a month before release but it can be quite a bit before release. Purely because sometimes they do things like delay the release of a game so that the timing is better. For example Devil's Third got classified in early December last year but didn't actually launch until late August this year. It could still slot into this year, last year Smash Bros on Wii U was rated on the October and released in November. But it's not likely.

And here's another thought. Why does an appearance on the eShop mean an imminent release? Indie games and VC releases tend to get a page when they launch but big retail titles are generally treated differently. There's a long history of games getting pages on the eShop well before release. For a release like Twilight Princess HD you'd expect them to have a page on the eShop to hold all of the screenshots, trailers etc in the same way that Wind Waker HD and every other major first party release has.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jump

whodatninja wrote:

Nothing yet... c'mon c'mon

What about now?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

@Tsurii: Currently they don't but they have in the past. Happens a lot after announcements at E3 or immediately after a Nintendo Direct. I suspect it's mostly because it's the only way they can show screenshots.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

I'll add some more fuel to the fire:

Major maintence for Wii U and 3DS scheduled for early next week:

Wii U: Nintendo eShop
Wii U: General
Nintendo 3DS: Nintendo eShop
Nintendo 3DS: General
Wii: Wii Shop Channel
Nintendo DS: Nintendo DSi Shop

This maintenance will take place on:

– Europe: October 19th (10PM) to October 20th (2AM)
– UK: October 19th (9PM) to October 20th (1AM)
– North America (EDT): October 19th (4PM) to October 20th (8PM)
– North America (PDT): October 19th (1PM) to October 20th (5PM)
– Japan: October 20th (5AM to 9AM)

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=181743474

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Mister_Wu

Octane wrote:

Wow, near the launch of the Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia in Japan!

Mister_Wu

gcunit

What's the source of that neogaf post?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

TuVictus

Octane wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but this is a genuine question: What makes this maintenance more major than the others that have happened over the last few months?

TuVictus

Octane

@Operative: Nintendo Directs tend to go paired with Wii U / 3DS maintenance. Make of that what you will.

Octane

IceClimbers

The fact that it's such a big maintenance and includes the Wii Shop Channel and DSi Shop makes me think something big is coming.

Calling it now: new membership service and network overhaul are coming next week

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

jump

IceClimbers wrote:

The fact that it's such a big maintenance and includes the Wii Shop Channel and DSi Shop makes me think something big is coming.

Calling it now: new membership service and network overhaul are coming next week

It normally includes the Wii and DSI though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

TuVictus

Yeah that's what I mean. I read about a maintenance a couple weeks back as well. Is it the duration that makes it unusual? Are they usually shorter?

TuVictus

Octane

@Operative: I see what you mean. This isn't more special than last month's, that's true, but it isn't a small system update either (like the stability updates the 3DS and Wii U have been getting regularly). All I'm saying is that IF a Direct is going to happen this month, it will likely be around the time of the maintenance.

Octane

jump

Operative wrote:

Yeah that's what I mean. I read about a maintenance a couple weeks back as well. Is it the duration that makes it unusual? Are they usually shorter?

Nah it's the same amount of time, people are justing getting themselves excited because of the hope it may mean something.

Nicolai wrote:

Mister_Wu

I think the main point why this is interesting is that it happens between Monday and Tuesday, and usually announcements of Nintendo Directs or other major announcements are made in the first part of the week. Since we still have to know what RogersBase was hinting at and since it must happen before the end of next week, all connections are being made even though this maintenance update might just be a routine update.

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

gcunit

Far off in the distance, behind the stony mountains, a train can be heard chuff-chuffing. Smoke rises above the mountains into the sky... as it does so it takes on some beautiful shapes... letters.... "H-Y-P-E H-Y-P-E H-Y-P-E"....

...it is coming this way................

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WebHead

@Mister_Wu: I imagine if the club Nintendo replacement is launching soon then the Monday maintenance is likely prep for that.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.