Forums

Topic: $400 Gig SD Card announced

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

Zyrac

It looks like this is still just a microSDXC card, and the Switch theoretically supports cards up to 2TB, so I see no reason it wouldn't work.

Zyrac

Twitter:

OorWullie

@N8tiveT3ch I'm sure it will, the Switch supports up to 2tb. It would be daft to pay that price though. By the time it's even half full there will be a larger size available for the same price and this one will be considerably cheaper.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

N8tiveT3ch

@OorWullie I willing to pay the price knowing that I don't have to worry for a while. Hell, I still have a 100 gigs left on my card right now. I've spent more on headphones and phones so this price is not that bad considering the size of the thing and the indie games I can download. Props to people who can wait for the price to drop.

N8tiveT3ch

Joeynator3000

...That's not $400...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Octane

@N8tiveT3ch You're better off buying a smaller one and upgrading in a few years time. Or wait till your current one is filled. There's no reason to ever the newest SD cards, they're expensive and drop faster in price than a Wii U game falls down the weekly software charts.

Octane

IceClimbers

This is good news because it'll drive the price down for the smaller cards.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@Meowpheel didn't see there was already a forum.

Yes it will work on Switch! It supports up to 2tb cards!

Ordered

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Murph

Weren't there already 512 gig cards out there?

BTW, I have 200 gig myself. It hasn't been used yet though.

XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murpgh_1
Switch: 8125-7768-9102
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1

Haru17

This thread illustrates the importance of unit labels. But anyway, I don't see why anyone would buy this. Have you really bought enough Switch games to fill a cheap, $70 and 200 gb micro sd yet? Arms was like 3 gb, and there aren't a ton of graphically detailed games out yet. The biggest games I know of are Dragon Quest: Heroes (32 gb), Fire Emblem: Warriors (presumably also large), and Skyrim, which was 20 gb on PS4. And still, you can just delete and redownload things instead of buying a huge sd card...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 Or you know, get two smaller SD cards for less than half the price.

Octane

JaxonH

Or, ya know, you could get a card big enough to hold everything to begin with and not have to deal with redownloading or carrying multiple cards.

You couldn't pay me enough money to tolerate either of those half measures again. I refuse to play musical chairs with my downloads, and I refuse to swap out multiple SD. I want all my games on one card, and I want to never, ever have to worry about it or swap it out or delete games. I'll pay good money to avoid that nonsense

I bought all my games physically on Wii U and still used 250gb. Just from digital exclusives, indies, VC, updates, etc. Switch will be no different. Will use the remaining 150gb for digital retail releases of all the top games. MHXX digital has spoiled me. I want additional, digital copies of all the big retail games. Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms, Splatoon, Mario Rabbids, Odyssey, Xenoblade, FE Warriors. Skyrim, etc.

Just those first 5 games of the first 6 months are 30gb total. Multiply by 10 for the 5 years of games coming, and you get 300gb.... right. With only 150gb space left over to cover it...

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

@JaxonH What Switch games do you own that add up to more than 200 gb right now?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

@Haru17
Thats a loaded question. Why does it have to add up to 200gb right now? If my 256gb was already full, it would be pointless to buy a 400gb. It would be full in another month, and then what?

It's not about "right now". It's about 2 months from now. Its about 6 months from now. It's about 5 years from now.

Octane

Because it's €249(!?) for a tiny card, you could get yourself an Xbox One S for that money.

But don't ask me. 32GB was enough for me on my Wii U and I bought physical too whenever I could.

Octane

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.