Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2015

Posts 41 to 60 of 219

DefHalan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

There's very little Nintendo nominees this time:
Super Mario Maker (GotY, Best Family Game)
Super Mario Maker e-reader levels (Best Fan Creation)
Splatoon (Best Shooter, Best Family Game, Best Multiplayer)
Nintendo (Developer of the Year)

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/13/9728874/the-game-awards-201...

I do find it funny that Nintendo is the only 1st Party that is nominated for "Developer of the Year"

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nicolai

@Grumblevolcano: I'm very disappointed that Splatoon isn't nominated for game of the year. At least it has three other categories. I hope the best for it!

Did you notice that, in the video, the phrase "Live Musical Performances" was shown over Splatoon footage? It's a real stretch, but what if musicians that did the music for that game play live? Prolly not, but it would be awesome!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Blast

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Splatoon is destined to win something. Hopefully Super Mario Maker wins something as well.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

DefHalan wrote:

I do find it funny that Nintendo is the only 1st Party that is nominated for "Developer of the Year"

They actually won last year.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

DefHalan

cookiex wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I think last year there were some 1st Party developers on the list. (I could be wrong about that)

Edited on by DefHalan

Freeon-Leon

Splatoon wasn't nominated for GOTY... These awards suck already.

And what about my Mario Maker levels?! These guys hate me

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

cookiex

DefHalan wrote:

cookiex wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I think last year there were some 1st Party developers on the list.

There weren't. It was Nintendo, Monolith (not the one you're thinking of), Blizzard, Ubisoft Montreal and Telltale.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

NintendoFan64

I'm surprised that Super Mario Maker is nominated for Game of the Year, but also extremely happy (even if it's probably going to lose.). Also, given how much I've seen it on the internet, and how much I've heard about it being one of the best games of the year, I think it's safe to say that Undertale will win best indie game of 2015 (Speaking of which, still need to play it)

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

cookiex wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

cookiex wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I think last year there were some 1st Party developers on the list.

There weren't. It was Nintendo, Monolith (not the one you're thinking of), Blizzard, Ubisoft and Telltale.

It was actually the one I am thinking of lol. I love the FEAR and Condemned series from then, and I really enjoyed Gothem City Impostors. Shadow of Mordor was a little too crowded for me lol

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

No Zelda U for Most Anticipated?

I notice a severe lack of handheld games as well. I mean, I don't own any current gen handheld, but I'm sure they've had at least some noteworthy titles this year, am I right?

Also, games like The Witcher 3 and MGS5 for best art direction? They look good, and unless they mean most realistic looking games, I'm sure there were more games with creative and unique art styles released this year.

Octane

RR529

Super Mario Maker is a shoe-in for "Best Family Game". There's absolutely no way that they're going to have a GotY nominee lose in a category that doesn't have any other GotY nominees in it.

As for handheld titles (since @Octane asked), Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate is nominated in the "Mobile/Handheld" category, but it's the only 3DS title nominated anywhere (even the others in that category are all mobile titles, like Laura Croft: Go, Pac-Man 256, & Fallout Shelter. There was some other mobile title as well, but I can't remember what it was).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

I saw some people annoyed that it's mobile/handheld in 1 category but tbh, how many critically acclaimed 3DS games even came out this year? Also Vita is basically dead so...yeah...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VelvetElvis

Though it has been a fairly soft year for Nintendo, my Nintendo googles made me say the following things:

"No Splatoon for best soundtrack? Ya'll crazy."

"It really sucks that Xenoblade Chronicles X missed the deadline for Best RPG and Best Art Direction."

"Where the balls is the Legend of Zelda Wii U under Most Anticipated Games?"

I'll probably still watch, though. I don't think Geoff is a very charismatic host and the whole thing is a bit too "modern gamer-y" for my tastes, but I will say that it gets better every year. I do appreciate that it's a thing.

My biggest reaction, though, was seeing Batman: Arkham Knight nominated for Best Art Direction. That is hilarious.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Octane

@RR529: I still don't understand how they can simply lump together handheld and mobile (probably on the premise that they are both portable). The handheld console market is still, and always has been, bigger than the home console market, it should at least deserve a category on its own I think.

Octane

RR529

So, anyone want to predict the winners? My picks:

Overall GotY - Metal Gear Solid V

Developer - Bethesda

Indie - Undertale

Mobile/Handheld - Fallout Shelter

Shooter - Splatoon

Action/Adventure - Metal Gear Solid V

RPG - Witcher 3

Fighting - Mortal Kombat X

Sports/Racing - Rocket League

Family - Super Mario Maker

Those are the biggest ones anyway. Don't really have a guess for any of the more technical stuff (art direction, narrative, online, ect).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Grumblevolcano

@VelvetElvis: I think Zelda U suffers from having nothing known since the last Game Awards outside of a delay before the Direct on Thursday (which is too late).

I'll predict the winners of the Nintendo categories:
Game of the Year - Fallout 4
Best Shooter - Destiny: The Taken King
Best Multiplayer - Destiny: The Taken King
Best Family Game - Lego Dimensions
Developer of the Year - Bethesda or Kojima Productions

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VelvetElvis

@Grumblevolcano: Good point. I didn't realize it had been about 11 months between scraps of footage — in terms of video game hype culture, that's about 10,000 years.

VelvetElvis

RR529

Ugh, I still don't get why so many people are saying SMM is going to lose Family game (especially to Splatoon).

I'm not biased towards either game as I don't have a Wii U, but SMM is one of their GotY nominees. Please explain why they would inexplicably choose to have one of the 5 games they think are the best of the best, lose in a "lesser" category with no other GotY competition.

That just doesn't happen in any awards show anywhere ever.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Grumblevolcano

@RR529: Last year Dark Souls 2 which was nominated for GotY, Best RPG and Best Online Experience lost the Best Online Experience to Destiny which wasn't on the GotY list.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.