Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2015

Posts 21 to 40 of 219

veeflames

I think when it comes to giving us information for the rest of the year, Nintendo's plan is do a Direct showcasing some stuff like DLC and the Smash Ballot results, and at the end of the Direct the host will tell us to look forward to the VGA where Nintendo'll show more stuff like a Zelda U/TPHD trailer. I really don't think Nintendo should show Fed. Force at the VGA since not many people have accepted the mere existence of that game; instead, they should show it in the Direct beforehand. Seems perfect, IMO.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

veeflames

As much as people may loathe him for his unnecessary damage control, Reggie back at the advisory board might mean good news. We may see big stuff from Nintendo at the VGAs if an executive's willing to return to the board.
Hype.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

Blast

Nintendo....... don't mess this up..... Don't stay quiet at the awards because Sony and Microsoft are pretty much guaranteed to show an exclusive there.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

@Blast: Yeah, I could see Gears of War 4 footage happening there. Don't know what Sony would show, Uncharted 4 maybe as it's not out until 2016?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: Sony will mostly show small stuff or old stuff and teasers for PSX, which is that Saturday. That's probably why it's on the 3rd - to give devs a travel day to head to San Fran for PSX.

@Blast: Last year Microsoft didn't even show up other than Phil Spencer being on the advisory board.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

@Grumblevolcano: Sony will mostly show small stuff or old stuff and teasers for PSX, which is that Saturday. That's probably why it's on the 3rd - to give devs a travel day to head to San Fran for PSX.

@Blast: Last year Microsoft didn't even show up other than Phil Spencer being on the advisory board.

Microsoft won't make that mistake again.

Master of the Hype Train

Nicolai

Octane wrote:

Didn't they announce Cranky Kong in 2013? I wouldn't get my hopes up for all those announcements and trailers. Last year they went all in, not sure if they will do that again.

Wasn't that technically a different awards show back then? Isn't Game Awards a spin-off from VGX, which disbanded for how much it sucked, or something? My memory is hazy,

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

As much as people may loathe him for his unnecessary damage control, Reggie back at the advisory board might mean good news. We may see big stuff from Nintendo at the VGAs if an executive's willing to return to the board.
Hype.

I still like Reggie. Yeah, he's pretty fake sometimes, and not very good at justifying NoJ's poor decisions, but it's something he's got to do. He's still funny to watch

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Grumblevolcano

I'm still fine with Reggie, his angry rage at E3 was unnecessary though.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Nicolai wrote:

Octane wrote:

Didn't they announce Cranky Kong in 2013? I wouldn't get my hopes up for all those announcements and trailers. Last year they went all in, not sure if they will do that again.

Wasn't that technically a different awards show back then? Isn't Game Awards a spin-off from VGX, which disbanded for how much it sucked, or something? My memory is hazy,

You're right, it was called VGA (or VGX) before. It was a different show, hosted by Spike TV and produced by Geoff Keighley. Spike stopped hosting them after the last one in 2013, but Geoff Keighley continued and created his own show, The Game Awards, without Spike TV. A sort of spiritual successor. I do believe that VGA wasn't as popular as TGA. Perhaps Nintendo takes TGA more seriously and plans to reveal/show more than they used to do at VGA. Last year was pretty awesome and I hope they continue the trend, but it's difficult to predict what they're going to do this year.

A little off-topic perhaps, but wasn't last year's contribution from Nintendo a big mess in terms of organisation? I believe a lot of decisions were made last minute. - Found it, it's a pretty interesting read, but yeah, it was mostly last minute:

Geoff Keighley wrote:

And then yeah, it was like the week of the show they were like, ‘oh, well Mr. Aonuma’s taped a video, Mr. Miyamoto’s in it, it’s about 5 minutes long, and he does like a full demo of the game.’

For the full article see: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/zelda-u-demo-was-added-to-the-ga...

Octane

IceClimbers

Fallout 4:

Untitled

That 0 fps on XB1

Edited on by IceClimbers

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

Fallout 4:

Untitled

That 0 fps on XB1

So? Still an impressive and good game.

Master of the Hype Train

IceClimbers

@Blast: Those issues cause it to be immersion breaking. The game itself is great in terms of gameplay/story, or at least it should be. Really reflective of Bethesda when those types of performance issues are present in a game that's really not that great graphically on the consoles.

This type of thing is definitely immersion breaking:

Untitled

VelvetElvis

Good to hear it. I think the Game Awards are still going through plenty of growing pains (though the show has improved, in all its iterations, each year), but having a prominent, legitimate awards show is a nice step toward the maturation of video games as a mainstream media. It's good to see Nintendo invested in that from the outset, as they're so often behind the times on things like this. I was pleasantly surprised at their presence last year — I don't expect much from them this year, but I'm certainly curious.

VelvetElvis

veeflames

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I think when it comes to giving us information for the rest of the year, Nintendo's plan is do a Direct showcasing some stuff like DLC and the Smash Ballot results, and at the end of the Direct the host will tell us to look forward to the VGA where Nintendo'll show more stuff like a Zelda U/TPHD trailer. I really don't think Nintendo should show Fed. Force at the VGA since not many people have accepted the mere existence of that game; instead, they should show it in the Direct beforehand. Seems perfect, IMO.

Haha! Looks like my predictions are right on track. Yes, I'm very well aware that it might still go off course, but it's not like there's a chance it's never going to happen.

God first.

Blast

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Haha! Looks like my predictions are right on track. Yes, I'm very well aware that it might still go off course, but it's not like there's a chance it's never going to happen.

HYPE

Master of the Hype Train

RR529

In terms of Nintendo nominations, Splatoon will probably be nominated for both Shooter GotY & Family GotY, Super Mario Maker for Family GotY, and Majora's Mask 3D for Remake GotY.

I'm sure a couple of 3DS games will be nominated for best Mobile/Handheld GotY, but I'm not sure what.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Blast

Well now I'm back to thinking Nintendo might do something hype for the Awards because it seems like they remember what hype is from the recent Nintendo Direct

Master of the Hype Train

Hendesu

As last year, Nintendo usually wins all the awards. Its not surprising at all.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.