Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2015

Posts 101 to 120 of 219

Dezzy

SpookyMeths wrote:

Before that, it was Spike™'s Dude Game Awards for Bros: Sponsored by Doritos and Gasoline.

That sounds brilliant, why did I miss it?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@SpookyMeths: Gasoline, eh? Pokemon Oil and Natural Gas versions confirmed for 2016, 7th Gen is here!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shingi_70

So is Ori on the indie list becuase moon is an indie studio. I mean beyond that its a microsoft first party game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

NintendoFan64

Artwark wrote:

I don't understand why Fire Emblem didn't win two years ago.....bit upset there.

As for this year.....Undertale definitely has to be there. The game is just asking it to be there. That and either Xenoblade or Super Mario Maker should show up.

Undertale I think will win best Indie game (I'm hoping it does. It's probably my favorite game this year), and I think Super Mario Maker has a chance at best family game, but not game of the year.

SpookyMeths wrote:

Because this is only the second year for TGAs. Before that, it was Spike™'s Dude Game Awards for Bros: Sponsored by Doritos and Gasoline.

Gasoline? I thought it was Mountain Dew.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LaserdiscGal

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Because this is only the second year for TGAs. Before that, it was Spike™'s Dude Game Awards for Bros: Sponsored by Doritos and Gasoline.

Untitled

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

skywake

kkslider5552000 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Best independent game is the one I'm most interested in. I'm torn on whether Ori & the Blind Forest, Rocket League or Axiom Verge deserve it.

It's weird how you misspelled Undertale three different times in three different ways.

It's also the nominee that I know the least about. I guess if you're really into that style of RPG it's going to be the best thing since Earthbound. I'm not into that sort of RPG so I didn't give it a second look. Haven't played it and only realised it was being hyped at all while reading the nominations today. So my views on this are definitely subjective.

I'm really into arcade style games, racing games, platformers and games with great art direction. Rocket League covers two of those pretty well as a kind of cross between Splatoon and Mario Kart. Ori and the Blind Forest covers the other two better than Nintendo does sometimes. Axiom Verge I haven't played either but I'm going to get it eventually, why not? It's the 2D Metroid we haven't had in a while.

shingi_70 wrote:

So is Ori on the indie list becuase moon is an indie studio. I mean beyond that its a microsoft first party game.

In the same way that Bayonetta isn't a first party Nintendo game. I think people need to stop getting so caught up on what independent games are and aren't. Really they're nothing more than small games made by small teams with small budgets. If you want to be caught up in who made deals with who you'll start saying a game was "indie" on one platform but not another. Which makes no sense.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

Basically, these big award shows define "indie" as smaller than a AAA title.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

Santa wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Untitled

...Well, it's a good thing we've got gasoline, now isn't it?

shingi_70

@skywake:

But Bayonetta isn't owned by Nintendo it cant be first party. Microsoft literally owns the Ori IP.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TuVictus

Sooo this is tomorrow~. I'll definitely be tuning in . I'm not expecting any particularly awesome reveals, but if we get more info on current announcements, I'll be happy.

Confused the date, thought it was today for a little lol

TuVictus

jump

shingi_70 wrote:

But Bayonetta isn't owned by Nintendo it cant be first party. Microsoft literally owns the Ori IP.

Nor would I call Bayonetta an indie game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

It's at 3AM where I live, so it's going to be a long night..

Octane

Joeynator3000

So when is this? I'm EST. o.o
I'm probably not going to watch it, but be around if there's any news. I don't expect much, though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

rishisquid

I'm lucky it starts at 9 pm for me, it's just when I have no more responsibilities, and before I need to get some sleep.

rishisquid

CaviarMeths

The official website has a countdown clock.

http://thegameawards.com/

Just over 32 hours to go.

Mobile/handheld game of the year is the pits. Don't know why they even bother, as they clearly have no interest in portable titles.

And 4/5 devs up for Developer of the Year only put out 1 game this year, so I'm not seeing how that makes it different from Game of the Year...

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Octane

@SpookyMeths: It's a stupid award. Also note that the Developer of the Year nominees are the developers of the Game of the Year nominees.

Octane

NintendoFan64

So...anyone going to bring up the fact that Shaq is going to be there for some reason?(My guess would be it's for Shaq Fu 2 or something...whatever happened to that?)

Shinion

@SpookyMeths: well with the lack of creativity, anti-consumer policies and lack of overall quality that plagues this industry ATM I find it hard to take any game award ceremony seriously, as I can count on one hand the number of games that genuinely deserve awards from this year or any year of the past 5 years. Not to mention the obvious point of the hype-culture and popularity contests summed up by the so-called 'console wars' worsen any attempts to fairly award a 'Game of the Year' or a 'publisher of the year' as it's no longer which title deserves to win but rather which popular title can win this award so that we don't p*** off the keyword warriors.

But hey, at least it's not the BAFTA's, where the 3DS quite literally does not exist/count even for the specific 'handheld GOTY' category for the last 3 years and it'll be 4 this year when it receives no nominations. Again.

Shinion

NintendoFan64

@TheLastLugia Wait, seriously? The 3DS is just completely ignored?...Well that's a load of bull.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.