News Forum

Topic: project natal (kinect): $150

Showing 61 to 80 of 106

AuthorMessage

romulux

61. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

I agree with Gren. A lot of Nintendo fans are just upset cause Sony also has something resembling a remote.

it doesn't just resemble the wiimote, it duplicates it (along with the nunchuck). sony used different technology but in the end created the exact same controller setup to be used the exact same way; in other words, they took a different path to the same place and i find it hard to respect the end result because of it. they can talk as much as they want about the improved accuracy and more sophisticated technology, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a wii remote clone. (besides, how much room is there for improvement over motion that's already 1:1?)

kinect is more original but... "kinect sports?" sony and microsoft don't even care how openly they're copying nintendo. do you really want to applaud companies for making these types of decisions? why shouldn't you complain when companies show a total lack of vision, especially when you buy your systems and games from them? if i were a sony fan i know i'd be upset that they didn't try an alternate route to come up with something brand new.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

62. Posted:

And they get the lightsaber game instead of the wii. = ( (i'm getting natal but wm+ makes sense for starwars)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

63. Posted:

Microsoft and Sony lack innovation and brains. Natal is going to bring law suits more than likely and Move is just a Wii remote clone.

Go competition...?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

irken004

64. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Microsoft and Sony lack innovation and brains. Move is going to bring law suits more than likely and is just a Wii remote clone.

Go competition...?

Fixed. ;)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

65. Posted:

So your pretty much just leaving Micro$oft out of the competition eh? lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

MrWout

66. Posted:

Am I the only one that suspects the Kinect leak is some kind of joke to show how bad I'd could have been and at their show they will blind us with awesomeness ?

I'm not an Xbox fanboy but this just sounds so bad I don't believe it (I'm talking about the leaked gameslist btw) because Kinectimals=contract brand name with animal="awesome name for game" (Nintendogs) is just well too obvious :p

MrWout

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

67. Posted:

Ok the Wii remote's 1:1 is iffy but I won't get into that.

Deal is it doesn't have to be improved, Sony just wants the same setup for their system.

Considering Nintendo took the idea from someone else, I don't see why everyone is hating on Sony (actually yes I do when I look at the URL..)

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

MrWout

68. Posted:

First impression of KInect reveal event
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-impressions-from-the-natal-k...

MrWout

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

69. Posted:

I think people are overreacting to the name "Kinect." A lot of people thought "Wii" sounded horrible at first too.....

IGN did a preview of the games that were there. They thought "Kinect Sports" was pretty bad, but "Joy Ride" seemed pretty good (well, if the way it controls feels confortable anyway....): http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096900p1.html

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

HanuKwanzMasBif

70. Posted:

Maybe Microsoft could have a special deal for people who, say, got Windows 7, or already got a 360.

The Mii for 1000 3DSs Project! Make a Mii Viral!
My Games
TMBG fan

AuthorMessage

jangonov

71. Posted:

Kinectimals....it is like they made a sony eyepet, but thought that was too obvious, so they thought "what did nintendo do? nintendogs? 360mals....xboxofmonkeys......kinectimals!"

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov@yahoo.com and ask if I have it. (make sure to say Nintendolife in the subject)

AuthorMessage

Aviator

72. Posted:

I am more excited for the 360 slim.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Linux98

73. Posted:

I like Kinect (The name, not necesarilly the hardware), it is catchy and is a clever play on words; Kinetic Energy (Used to play) and connect, the community side of it. It will be interesting if MS will have anything of note to display for it at E3!

Linux98

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

74. Posted:

They showed some clips on inside xbox and i got a glisimple of this awesome star wars games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

ejamer

75. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

They showed some clips on inside xbox and i got a glisimple of this awesome star wars games.

Don't hold your breath on that Star Wars game. It might be great... but might be utter trash too. All that we can say for certain at this point is that the movie shown was weak. The actor wasn't interacting with the game at all, but just reacting (badly) to a movie of what they hope gameplay might look like when it's actually ready.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

AuthorMessage

irken004

76. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

I am more excited for the 360 slim.

Yeah. Hopefully it will be cheaper.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Hardy83

77. Posted:

People shouldn't expect to like Kinect anyways, MS and Sony will be targeting the same groups Nintendo has been targeting. Kids and Moms. Look to their software effort if you want "gamers" stuff.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

78. Posted:

Huh it looks like they did it.

Also i'm trading in my 360 to get the slim and i can keep my hard drive (lookin at you nintendo)

Just watched the whole conference and i'm impressed they kept my hardcore side satisfied and i'm lovin ESPN for live and Dance central.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

79. Posted:

ejamer wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Don't hold your breath on that Star Wars game. It might be great... but might be utter trash too. All that we can say for certain at this point is that the movie shown was weak. The actor wasn't interacting with the game at all, but just reacting (badly) to a movie of what they hope gameplay might look like when it's actually ready.

Vader's in it, so I expect another depressing waste of time like The Force Unleashed. >:/

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

80. Posted:

Bah, still no price for Kinect but we now know that it is slated for a November release. I wasn't very impressed by the Kinect games at Microsoft's press conference. Their whole show was pretty much all Kinect related. At least the new Xbox (not so)slim looked pretty cool.

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart