Forums

Topic: Paris 2024 bid team to discuss introducing esports for Olympic Games

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

Octane

Might as well include chess and darts at that point.

Octane

-Green-

I would imagine that it would take a huge amount of effort since there are so many different games. Seems a bit like opening a can of worms.

I think it'd be better if they just kept them separate. E-Sports is big enough to be it's own thing, although it would be cool to see.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

gcunit

This is how the discussion will go:

"So... naked competitors?"
"No.
"Ok then, how about esports....?"
"No."

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Wichtel

I don't know. Since the games are the private property of the company that made them and it is maybe not possible to buy or play the game in every country i am sceptical.
I mean the NBA doesn't own Basketball, they just own the NBA league.
Valve on the other hand owns Dota 2 and can prevent anyone they wish from playing the game or at least give them a bad experience.
Don't know if this really brings the world together or splits it more apart.

Wichtel

OorWullie

@Octane Darts is trying to be included in the Olympics.It'll happen,it's just a matter of time.I think they tried for 2020 but will need to wait until at least 2024.It's received a lot of backing too.As a big fan of darts and a not bad player myself,I'm all for it.Although I can understand those against it

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

SLIGEACH_EIRE

It's doubtful that there'd be any world records. Don't all the other sports have set standards? Whereas if esports was introduced the games they'd likely play at each Olympics would be different.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

OorWullie

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Well tennis, football,snooker and rugby 7's are in there. They're just played in a knockout format.Football and rugby start with a group phase then knockout. They could just do something similar to that.

Sorry I misread your comment. Yeah, not sure how they'd get around that.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Yasaal

"Our first event is the 100m Sprint! Some of the best competitors of the world are lined up here in Paris! Who will win the medal? May the best athlete win!"

"Our second event is the Smash tournament! Some of the best competi-"

Nope. Don't see it happening. Gaming is great and all but I don't see it next to historic championships like the Olympics mixed in with great and legendary events such as the 100m Sprint

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@OorWullie Ya, I'm thinking more of sports like athletics, javelin, long jump, swimming, etc. They've set standards like 100 metres is always 100 metres and there's championship records and world records.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

ThomGee

Hah, that's a stupid idea. Gaming could easily have its own Olympics-like event, but it being in the actual Olympics is laughable.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

LzWinky

I think including eSports would defeat the whole purpose of the Olympics.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Octane

@OorWullie Yeah, I'm not entirely sure about darts. I mean, I play it once in a while, but I don't think the Olympics is the place for darts. It's similar to chess. You can call it a ''sport'' I guess. However, when I think of the Olympics, I think of physical activity, and have you seen the average darts player?

Octane

Som64

If this happens, we will finally see Mario and Sonic play esport games in Mario and Sonic at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.

Edited on by Som64

I'm a huge Mario fan (with a lot of Super Mario Odyssey hype)
I currently have 100+ Mario games (I never thought that I had so many...)

My YouTube channel with no content

Switch Friend code SW-2149-8784-...

Nintendo Network ID: Som_64

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.