Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX

Posts 341 to 360 of 360

TuVictus

MasterBlaster wrote:

Operative wrote:

The simple sad truth is if Nintendo doesn't want to deal with 3rd parties that way, then they won't get any 3rd parties. Aside from the random exclusive like Devil's Third and Bayonetta.

Those weren't random. Nintendo went out and paid money to get them.

Precisely, but they were in the unique position of not even being finished if Nintendo didn't pay for them. Meanwhile, the major AAA multiplatform releases skip Nintendo consoles because Nintendo seems to only want to pay third parties if the game is exclusive to them. And that attitude has clearly done them more harm than good.

TuVictus

crimsoncavalier

RabidPikachu wrote:

Nintendo has too many children's games and not enough games that highschool and college students want.

Read: Nintendo has too many games for children but not ones for children and people who just stopped being children.

The reason PS4 and XboxOne sell so well is that they get all the blood and gore games that Nintendo never gets.

Because adults ONLY want blood and guts, not deep gameplay and/or story.

In the 90's Sega almost destroyed Nintendo because the SNES version of Mortal Kombat replaced the blood with sweat.

Hyperbole much?

People wanted gore so Sega sold more because you could enter a code to see blood. It's stupid but true. Only a child would cling to Mario versus Master Chief.

Or, you know, someone that prefers platformers to FPSs. But I guess only adults like FPSs.

The whole "kiddie" argument is so old, weak, and stupid. In fact, it seems that only kids are talking about kids only playing Nintendo games. Most of my gamer friends, which happen to be my age, all enjoy all kinds of games, not just über gory or violent games. Only kids care about that.

I would say that graphics are more of a factor than the ESRB rating, in terms of what "mainstream" likes.

The next Nintendo console does need to be more comparable in terms of hardware to the next Playstation and next Xbox consoles, but only for ease of porting multiplatform games. Whether those games are rated M or E is irrelevant. Having a more complete game library is the key, not the rating of those games.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

WebHead

I'm of the mindset that NX is 3DS' sequel now and will be releasing holiday 2016. I kinda hope its like a 5" gamepad with a kickbutt screen.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

martinskrtel37

crimsoncavalier wrote:

The whole "kiddie" argument is so old, weak, and stupid. In fact, it seems that only kids are talking about kids only playing Nintendo games. Most of my gamer friends, which happen to be my age, all enjoy all kinds of games, not just über gory or violent games. Only kids care about that.

so true. kids (ie. people under 20) are embarrassed to say they love nintendo, especially if they live in america where status symbols are important for some reason. these people should realise the coolest thing you can possibly do is love what you love, not be deterred by the media, or worse, randoms online. i wish these people would realise nintendo got to the top (they are the top dog for gaming, don't let high-budget PR campaigns by sony convince you otherwise) by being original, like any great organisation, authenticity got them to where they are. being a copycat will not get them any further, it will only lead to death if all 3 are copying each other!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

WebHead

I thought of how maybe it could have a curved or flexible display. But it isn't cost effective most likely.

WebHead

Octane

If I'm not mistaken, the people under the age of 18 only make up less than 10% of the Wii U's audience. I'll try to find the source when I get home. The majority of Wii U owners are in their 20s and 30s.

Octane

Octane

Nevermind, I already found it. It's completely nonsense that the Wii U mostly appeals to children only.

Wii U eShop demographics
0-12 - 1%
13-17 - 5%
18-24 - 33%
25-34 - 46%
35+ - 14%

This is from Nintendo, based on data from Wii U eShop users; over 90% of the Wii U userbase.

Source: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=884312

Octane

At_Lazuli

Here is my dream for the console
"Gamecube 2.0" also known as codename "NX"
Developer: Nintendo
Manufacturer: Foxconn
Type: Home video game console Generation: 9th generation
Release Date: US|CA 17 November 2017, EU|AUS 31 November 2017, JP 9 December 2017
Retail Avaliability: 2017-Present
Intro Price: US $299.99
Units Shipped Worldwide: 6 million as of January 31 2018
Media Physical & Digital:
Blu-ray Disc, CD-ROM, DVD, Wii U Optical Disc
Digital Distribution: Nintendo eShop
Operating System NX OS
CPU: Semi Custom 6 GHz, AMD 16-core, AMD x90-70 Xenon CPU(integrated into APU)
Memory:16 GB GDDR5 (unified) 5GB DDR3 RAM
Storageable 1 TB internal storage
Sound: 9.1 surround sound
Display: 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 2k, 4k
Connectivity: Wi-Fi iEEE 802.11n Ethernet 3x
Bluetooth 2.0, 2.1 (up to 12 devices at once) USB 2.0, 3.0
Online Services- Nintendo Network (DeNA infrastructure), Miiverse, Nintendo eShop+, Nintendo TVii+
Controller Input: "NX" controller, Wii U Gamepad
Best Selling Game: Super Mario Universe-3 million
Predecessor: Wii U

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

Azooooz

CosmicYoshi65 wrote:

Here is my dream for the console
"Gamecube 2.0" also known as codename "NX"
Developer: Nintendo
Manufacturer: Foxconn
Type: Home video game console Generation: 9th generation
Release Date: US|CA 17 November 2017, EU|AUS 31 November 2017, JP 9 December 2017
Retail Avaliability: 2017-Present
Intro Price: US $299.99
Units Shipped Worldwide: 6 million as of January 31 2018
Media Physical & Digital:
Blu-ray Disc, CD-ROM, DVD, Wii U Optical Disc
Digital Distribution: Nintendo eShop
Operating System NX OS
CPU: Semi Custom 6 GHz, AMD 16-core, AMD x90-70 Xenon CPU(integrated into APU)
Memory:16 GB GDDR5 (unified) 5GB DDR3 RAM
Storageable 1 TB internal storage
Sound: 9.1 surround sound
Display: 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 2k, 4k
Connectivity: Wi-Fi iEEE 802.11n Ethernet 3x
Bluetooth 2.0, 2.1 (up to 12 devices at once) USB 2.0, 3.0
Online Services- Nintendo Network (DeNA infrastructure), Miiverse, Nintendo eShop+, Nintendo TVii+
Controller Input: "NX" controller, Wii U Gamepad
Best Selling Game: Super Mario Universe-3 million
Predecessor: Wii U

Such a wishful thinking...

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

Nevermind, I already found it. It's completely nonsense that the Wii U mostly appeals to children only.

Wii U eShop demographics
0-12 - 1%
13-17 - 5%
18-24 - 33%
25-34 - 46%
35+ - 14%

This is from Nintendo, based on data from Wii U eShop users; over 90% of the Wii U userbase.

Source: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=884312

These stats make sense, mainly people who stuck with Nintendo since the N64 era.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

erv

I’m seriously curious about what type of control input the next system will have. And I know myamoto always wanted to break free from the television, even though that has always been very unlikely. Looking at the concept of microsoft’s hololens it seems more and more likely that will eventually happen. I have no doubt nintendo is considering breaking away from our tv.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Azooooz

Hate to go off-topic, but Nintendo is about to post their annual financial report in hours.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DefHalan

Azooooz wrote:

Hate to go off-topic, but Nintendo is about to post their annual financial report in hours.

Feel free to post all the details so i don't have to try to figure it out myself lol, thanks

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

At_Lazuli

Azooooz wrote:

Really At what time

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

Azooooz

CosmicYoshi65 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Really At what time

Probably Thursday morning Japanese time.

Edited on by Azooooz

IceClimbers

Azooooz wrote:

Well that explains why they're having a Splatoon Direct tomorrow. Gotta squash the doom and gloom somehow . Last year they just dropped a Pokemon ORAS announcement trailer on the internet and watched people switch from doom and gloom to hype.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

martinskrtel37

IceClimbers wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Well that explains why they're having a Splatoon Direct tomorrow. Gotta squash the doom and gloom somehow . Last year they just dropped a Pokemon ORAS announcement trailer on the internet and watched people switch from doom and gloom to hype.

why would there be doom and gloom? didn't nintendo do well in the latest fiscal year?

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

WebHead

I don't think NX is a hybrid but console and portable brothers that have the same API and OS. like iphone and iOS. Heck i think months ago, AMD got a new design win for a system to debut in 2016. If that's for nintendo, then perhaps both the Wii U and the 3DS successors will use the upcoming Vulkan API?

WebHead

jump

I think the Wii/NGC comparison is bad, the Wii was introduced to be the new/current home console. The DS or Virtual Boy may be better examples as they were intended to go alongside the other existing consoles.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.