Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX

Posts 321 to 340 of 365

HollywoodHogan

Artwark wrote:

I observed that youtubers like Richard from reviewtechusa and Jacob from Nintendo Project want Nintendo to just stick to having just controllers and nothing else for the NX. You know, I really doubt the DS and Wii would have sold as well as they have right now if it weren't for their sense of innovation. People tend to confuse themselves that if anything Nintendo brings out is new, its going to go gimmicky. I haven't gotten the Wii U yet but doesn't that system have controller support like the Pro Controller?

The gamepad is what sells the Wii U. The Dual Screen is what sells the DS and 3DS. The cheap quality of the game boy is what sold it. Just how exactly is doing what Sony and Microsoft do is gonna make Nintendo the king of console wars? Yeah we get hardcore controllers and yeah we'd be happy with that but then most of us wouldn't see much of innovation Nintendo has to offer when making these games. Most Nintendo games today aren't innovative as they are suppose to be let alone stick to the controllers. Why make a system powerful when the odds of Nintendo winning the market are so low when their games with just sticking to the controllers could still be just as great as Sony or Microsoft. I mean look at us, guys like me can't really see much of difference between the PS4 or ONE's graphics for crying out loud. What is the reason for games to push the graphical power if its gonna cost a lot of time and money to even get there? If the Genesis could nearly outsell the SNES with its underwhelming power, I'm pretty sure that either Sony or Microsoft could do the same to Nintendo for the next gen even if Nintendo does what gamers want. Its not the problem of being the same. Its just the problem of trying to do the same thing but in the end, its a matter of chance and that's probably the route Nintendo wants to avoid.

Now I know that Nintendo will stick to Gunpei Yokoi's philosophy so I can safely bet that their Next system is 1080p again only it will be slightly expensive than the Wii U and then later gets a price cut.

How this post was created

Untitled

Friend to all SJW's

crimsoncavalier

Artwark wrote:

I observed that youtubers like Richard from reviewtechusa and Jacob from Nintendo Project want Nintendo to just stick to having just controllers and nothing else for the NX. You know, I really doubt the DS and Wii would have sold as well as they have right now if it weren't for their sense of innovation. People tend to confuse themselves that if anything Nintendo brings out is new, its going to go gimmicky. I haven't gotten the Wii U yet but doesn't that system have controller support like the Pro Controller?

The gamepad is what sells the Wii U. The Dual Screen is what sells the DS and 3DS. The cheap quality of the game boy is what sold it. Just how exactly is doing what Sony and Microsoft do is gonna make Nintendo the king of console wars? Yeah we get hardcore controllers and yeah we'd be happy with that but then most of us wouldn't see much of innovation Nintendo has to offer when making these games. Most Nintendo games today aren't innovative as they are suppose to be let alone stick to the controllers. Why make a system powerful when the odds of Nintendo winning the market are so low when their games with just sticking to the controllers could still be just as great as Sony or Microsoft. I mean look at us, guys like me can't really see much of difference between the PS4 or ONE's graphics for crying out loud. What is the reason for games to push the graphical power if its gonna cost a lot of time and money to even get there? If the Genesis could nearly outsell the SNES with its underwhelming power, I'm pretty sure that either Sony or Microsoft could do the same to Nintendo for the next gen even if Nintendo does what gamers want. Its not the problem of being the same. Its just the problem of trying to do the same thing but in the end, its a matter of chance and that's probably the route Nintendo wants to avoid.

Now I know that Nintendo will stick to Gunpei Yokoi's philosophy so I can safely bet that their Next system is 1080p again only it will be slightly expensive than the Wii U and then later gets a price cut.

I was following until you said that. That is an absolute falsehood. Not only is the Gamepad not innovative, but it does not sell the Wii U. If anything, it's a stumbling block.

Oh, I'm not saying it's not a good concept, but in practice, it's an absolute failure. No one uses it when developing games. I mean, you can count on one hand the amount of games that use the Gamepad as people imagined it would be used.

Second, the people who do implement some sort of Gamepad integration to their games ... well, it's either absolutely stupid, unnecessary, or makes the game worse.

Third, the battery sucks. That they had to release a "new and improved" battery speaks for itself.

Fourth, you can only have ONE per console. By limiting the amount of Gamepads that can be connected to the Wii U, you're limiting the gameplay experience. If you can't handle more than one, then you should have left it out completely.

There's nothing wrong with traditional controllers. The Wii Remote is far superior to the Gamepad in every aspect. And even then, it didn't work right all the time. There's a reason why Nintendo sells Pro Controllers.

The concept of the Gamepad may have been cool, but the implementation is an absolute failure.

Edited on by crimsoncavalier

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Nin10dad

As long as I can take all my digital content from my Wii U and New 3DS to the next Nintendo console, I will be happy with whatever they put out next.

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

skywake

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

Oh i know their not, the remaster mill will run its course, but you can't deny that due to good hardware they have third parties

I don't quite know what you're trying to say here. Anyway, the fact that we had been stuck with not-quite-HD on HD sets for years and the Wii U wasn't that proper-HD box? That killed them more than anything. Third parties gravitate to where the sales are, they don't care about image or loyalties. They can even overlook the hardware if it gives them a market. The PS4 is selling well because they gave gamers the hardware they wanted and didn't make any false steps. And so it's attracting third parties because it's selling well. It's as simple as that. We can almost guarantee that next-gen will be won for a different reason, because it hasn't ever really been the same two generations in a row.

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

Long story short, if Sony can sell a console from pure hype and hardware, Nintendo can too with the NX the DIFFERENCE being and this is a big one, they can actually release games for it in a timely manner i'd hope on top of third party support, after all didn't Miyamoto say a few months ago he wants Mario to usher in the next generation of Nintendo? raises arms seems funny to me he'd say that. I just hope they don't gamble on yet another gimmicky controller scheme.. traditional controllers are fine, if it works and is comfortable it no longer needs fixing.

A quick google to find the exact quote.....
"For the time being, our focus is on the Wii U hardware, but Nintendo as a whole has groups working on ideas for new hardware systems. While we're busy working on software for the Wii U, we have production lines that are working on ideas for what the next system might be. [...] From early on, I wanted Mario to be that character in the digital world, so that with each digital evolution, he was there to usher in the next era. I think that maybe when we release the next hardware system, you can look forward to seeing Mario take on a new role or in a new game"
Nothing about that says Wii U successor. I don't think you can read into that anymore than to assume that the 3DS and Wii U probably won't get a Mario game before the NX launches. Which for the Wii U means that either 3D World was it... or this things a portable. I'd wager the latter.

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

nitrolink

DefHalan wrote:

rferrari24 wrote:

Why does everyone think the NX will replace the Wii U? I understand that the Wii U is selling poorly, but replacing it for something with less games doesn't make sense to me. I think the 3DS will be replaced. Nintendo's future lies in handheld consoles anyway.

Because it is more fun to think about a new home console than a new portable console. Nintendo owns the portable market (not counting smart phones) so if they come out with a new portable system it is basically a new piece of hardware I need to buy to play portable games on anything other than my phone. A new console is more exciting as they have more competition there (at least for my money) and so it is more fun to speculate on.

That's pretty selfish reasoning lol. I think that Nintendo's home console business is pretty unsustainable at this point. Nintendo has sold fewer and fewer consoles each generation (Wii is obviously the exception). Nintendo has shown that it does not want to compete directly with Sony and Microsoft. Chasing after better specs isn't going to solve anything.

nitrolink

DefHalan

rferrari24 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

rferrari24 wrote:

Why does everyone think the NX will replace the Wii U? I understand that the Wii U is selling poorly, but replacing it for something with less games doesn't make sense to me. I think the 3DS will be replaced. Nintendo's future lies in handheld consoles anyway.

Because it is more fun to think about a new home console than a new portable console. Nintendo owns the portable market (not counting smart phones) so if they come out with a new portable system it is basically a new piece of hardware I need to buy to play portable games on anything other than my phone. A new console is more exciting as they have more competition there (at least for my money) and so it is more fun to speculate on.

That's pretty selfish reasoning lol. I think that Nintendo's home console business is pretty unsustainable at this point. Nintendo has sold fewer and fewer consoles each generation (Wii is obviously the exception). Nintendo has shown that it does not want to compete directly with Sony and Microsoft. Chasing after better specs isn't going to solve anything.

We are speculating... why wouldn't I speculate based on what I want? It might be selfish but I doubt anyone is going to say, "What they need to do is... but I wouldn't buy it"

People are going to say what they want out of a new system and try to reason why it would be best, that is basically what speculating is. I would be more interested to see the next home console rather than another portable because they have more competition in that market, and Nintendo trying to distance itself from that competition is still interesting.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

nitrolink

@DefHalan
I totally get it. I want an awesome home console too. No worries.

nitrolink

skywake

DefHalan wrote:

We are speculating... why wouldn't I speculate based on what I want? It might be selfish but I doubt anyone is going to say, "What they need to do is... but I wouldn't buy it"

I think that's a fair assessment. Because for me, if they released a brand new portable this year, even if they only had one game for the thing that was interesting. I'd get it. Probably day 1. If they did the same for a home console even if it was late next year and they had a couple of big games? I'd wait, unless the game was Zelda.

I mean I did get the Wii U on day 1, I pre-ordered it early, but that was under the assumption that there'd be Rayman Legends, Pikmin and CC compatible Wii games on the GamePad. But I really, desperately wanted to see Nintendo's games in HD. I was still getting Wii games and it was just sad that they were still standard def. There isn't that sort of issue with the Wii U at all. With the 3DS? We're already missing out on some of the games that it could have had.....

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

iKhan

Hey mods, can we move this discussion to the NX subforum?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Socar

@iKhan exactly.....why couldn't this be in a new forum topic instead is beyond me.

@crimsoncavalier but even then the off tv mode is still an amazing feature. Maybe this alone will make NX both as a console and a handheld as well.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Blast

I just want a Nintendo version of the PS4. Nintendo can stay true to themselves but this next console cannot lose 3rd party support and lose key features that PS4 and Xbox One. Has anybody ever played a PS4 or Xbox One then played a Wii U? The Wii U is missing so much stuff that its sad. Still a great console, though.
I'm excited and worried about the NX. If it turns out to be a handheld then I really won't care. I hope its a handheld and console combined. Sell it for a loss to lower the price and watch the money come in.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

As said above, can this thread be moved to the NX subforum? The thread doesn't have to be locked, I can change the title to reflect it being a general discussion. The thread's just not in the right category anymore.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

skywake

Blast wrote:

I just want a Nintendo version of the PS4. Nintendo can stay true to themselves but this next console cannot lose 3rd party support and lose key features that PS4 and Xbox One. Has anybody ever played a PS4 or Xbox One then played a Wii U? The Wii U is missing so much stuff that its sad. Still a great console, though.

So "just" a Nintendo version of the PS4... in late 2017... as the PS4/XBOne are entering their 4th year. It's too late to compete with the PS4. It's about time everyone just moved on.

That said I am curious about these so called "key features" the Wii U is lacking. As a PC and Wii U gamer I suppose I could be missing out on that and have no idea what I'm talking about. And when I try to look it up I can't really see much that blows me away. I mean I did a search, landed on this article..... so here are the ten massive great things

  • PlayStation Vita Link-Up (GamePad)
  • USB/Cloud Game Saves (yes, very cool. Check. Nintendo needs this)
  • Plenty of Video Apps (zzzzzz)
  • Standby Mode (zzzzzz)
  • App Switching on the Fly (did you know the GamePad is also a TV remote?)
  • The Colour-Coding on the Dual Shock 4 (zzzzzz)
  • Music in the background (and I have a Sonos, it is better)
  • Video Sharing (fair call, but I don't care. I have a PC so I can but I don't)
  • Screenshots (zzzzzz)
  • There's an App (yup, fair call)

Again, maybe I'm out of the loop. Maybe there's some amazing thing that would blow my socks of. But as it is?

Untitled

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

crimsoncavalier

Artwark wrote:

@crimsoncavalier but even then the off tv mode is still an amazing feature. Maybe this alone will make NX both as a console and a handheld as well.

Well, yeah, I like off TV mode (never use it, but it is a cool feature), but that alone doesn't make it a system-seller.

I think Skywake has said enough times why a hybrid is a bad idea, so I won't get into it. I really do agree with everything he has said about it.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

martinskrtel37

Blast wrote:

I just want a Nintendo version of the PS4. Nintendo can stay true to themselves but this next console cannot lose 3rd party support and lose key features that PS4 and Xbox One. Has anybody ever played a PS4 or Xbox One then played a Wii U? The Wii U is missing so much stuff that its sad. Still a great console, though.
I'm excited and worried about the NX. If it turns out to be a handheld then I really won't care. I hope its a handheld and console combined. Sell it for a loss to lower the price and watch the money come in.

my mates and I have access to the Xbox One, 360, PS3 and PS4. they are all extremely boring. Smash Bros Melee is still better than anything on them. I can't see what the Wii U is missing tbh. I was going to ask, Netflix and crap like that? But of course Wii U has that non-gaming stuff.. so what is it missing?

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

RabidPikachu

Nintendo needs better graphics, but also something not too pricey, something that will bring hardcore gamers in. Nintendo has too many children's games and not enough games that highschool and college students want. The reason PS4 and XboxOne sell so well is that they get all the blood and gore games that Nintendo never gets. In the 90's Sega almost destroyed Nintendo because the SNES version of Mortal Kombat replaced the blood with sweat. People wanted gore so Sega sold more because you could enter a code to see blood. It's stupid but true. Only a child would cling to Mario versus Master Chief. Not trying to hurt Mario fan's feelings but Mario is going to be the death of Nintendo. People crave violence and open world slashers and Mario is stuck in 1980's wonderland. Don't get me wrong I love most of Nintendo's mascots. Bring out an M rated Metroid and make it like open world like Halo or CoD and alot of hard core gamers who want their blood fix will be happy. I like Mario too... On the VC because that was when Mario was actually cool. Pokemon is great too. Kirby is a nice kids game, but again video games are no longer just childs play. I actually realize Nintendo markets itself as family friendly to reel parents of small children in, but Sony and Microsoft get it: older gamers earning their own wages are the key market. Most older gamers and older children crave M ratings. I only purchused my 3DS to play Resident Evil Revelations at first. Didn't like it much though but most gamers like gore. They think playing gory stuff makes them cool. Nintendo has always kept gore to a minimum even it 3rd party releases which I admire, but its gonna cost them the hard core M rated lover market. I personally hate to bash Nintendo for being family friendly because I am loyal to them for that very reason but they need more trashy people games. To be fair I'm guessing many of you guys also love the fact Mario is always E rated, always goofy and chaming, and are proud to play Mario and Pokemon at the risk of being called childish. I admit it I love Nintendo for the very reason other gamers hate it. Family friendly.

Please don't use that word as an insult here.-MorphMarron

Edited on by StableInvadeel

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

martinskrtel37

RabidPikachu wrote:

Nintendo needs better graphics

The Wii U has stunning graphics - why do they 'need' even better?

[but also something not too pricey, something that will bring hardcore gamers in.

but Nintendo gamers ARE hardcore gamers, as evident by their fierce loyalty and Nintendo's giant standing in the gaming world. why do you think they need hardcore Sony/Microsoft gamers to convert?

Nintendo has too many children's games and not enough games that highschool and college students want.

But you're pretending that all students want the same thing. I am a student and all my friends and I want to do is play Smash. nothing on either of the competitions consoles is appealing to us at all. We only use the Xbox 360 to watch Youtube.

The reason PS4 and XboxOne sell so well is that they get all the blood and gore games that Nintendo never gets.

Yes, sex and violence sells. We've known this for a long time.

In the 90's Sega almost destroyed Nintendo because the SNES version of Mortal Kombat replaced the blood with sweat. People wanted gore so Sega sold more because you could enter a code to see blood. It's stupid but true.

Yes, that is stupid. So why are you going along with all these crazy stereotypes?

Sega did not "almost destroy" Nintendo over Mortal Kombat. Huge exaggeration.

Only a child would cling to Mario versus Master Chief.

Absurd.

The rest is such massive waffle that I just can't reply to it. I think people like this guy are the real problem. Living in stereotypes and basing his decisions on what other people think about him and his choices. If you like Nintendo because it's the most fun then be proud of that, don't be scared about it not being "cool" enough - you know what's cooler than FPS after FPS and dank dark visuals? Nintendo games.

I guess what you should ask yourself is - why do I think Nintendo needs to copy the competition when it's already doing fine on it's own path? Nintendo aren't struggling. Nintendo are the opposite of struggling. Sony are actually the company struggling, of all 3. So why exactly do you think they need to copy a company that is failing?

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

martinskrtel37

MasterBlaster wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

But of course Wii U has that non-gaming stuff.. so what is it missing?

games

What a lazy post.... the Wii U is leading all 3 in games....

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

AceDefective

martinskrtel37 wrote:

MasterBlaster wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

But of course Wii U has that non-gaming stuff.. so what is it missing?

games

What a lazy post.... the Wii U is leading all 3 in games....

I'll be middle man.
The Wii U has games, just not some of blockbuster titles the PS4 and Xbone have.
Titles I care about: Persona 5, Bloodbourne, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, Disgaea 5, etc.

But yeah, saying the Wii U lacks titles is dumb, now 3rd part support (outside indies)? I can agree with.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic