Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX

Posts 321 to 340 of 360

DefHalan

rferrari24 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

rferrari24 wrote:

Why does everyone think the NX will replace the Wii U? I understand that the Wii U is selling poorly, but replacing it for something with less games doesn't make sense to me. I think the 3DS will be replaced. Nintendo's future lies in handheld consoles anyway.

Because it is more fun to think about a new home console than a new portable console. Nintendo owns the portable market (not counting smart phones) so if they come out with a new portable system it is basically a new piece of hardware I need to buy to play portable games on anything other than my phone. A new console is more exciting as they have more competition there (at least for my money) and so it is more fun to speculate on.

That's pretty selfish reasoning lol. I think that Nintendo's home console business is pretty unsustainable at this point. Nintendo has sold fewer and fewer consoles each generation (Wii is obviously the exception). Nintendo has shown that it does not want to compete directly with Sony and Microsoft. Chasing after better specs isn't going to solve anything.

We are speculating... why wouldn't I speculate based on what I want? It might be selfish but I doubt anyone is going to say, "What they need to do is... but I wouldn't buy it"

People are going to say what they want out of a new system and try to reason why it would be best, that is basically what speculating is. I would be more interested to see the next home console rather than another portable because they have more competition in that market, and Nintendo trying to distance itself from that competition is still interesting.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

nitrolink

@DefHalan
I totally get it. I want an awesome home console too. No worries.

nitrolink

skywake

DefHalan wrote:

We are speculating... why wouldn't I speculate based on what I want? It might be selfish but I doubt anyone is going to say, "What they need to do is... but I wouldn't buy it"

I think that's a fair assessment. Because for me, if they released a brand new portable this year, even if they only had one game for the thing that was interesting. I'd get it. Probably day 1. If they did the same for a home console even if it was late next year and they had a couple of big games? I'd wait, unless the game was Zelda.

I mean I did get the Wii U on day 1, I pre-ordered it early, but that was under the assumption that there'd be Rayman Legends, Pikmin and CC compatible Wii games on the GamePad. But I really, desperately wanted to see Nintendo's games in HD. I was still getting Wii games and it was just sad that they were still standard def. There isn't that sort of issue with the Wii U at all. With the 3DS? We're already missing out on some of the games that it could have had.....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

iKhan

Hey mods, can we move this discussion to the NX subforum?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Socar

@iKhan exactly.....why couldn't this be in a new forum topic instead is beyond me.

@crimsoncavalier but even then the off tv mode is still an amazing feature. Maybe this alone will make NX both as a console and a handheld as well.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Blast

I just want a Nintendo version of the PS4. Nintendo can stay true to themselves but this next console cannot lose 3rd party support and lose key features that PS4 and Xbox One. Has anybody ever played a PS4 or Xbox One then played a Wii U? The Wii U is missing so much stuff that its sad. Still a great console, though.
I'm excited and worried about the NX. If it turns out to be a handheld then I really won't care. I hope its a handheld and console combined. Sell it for a loss to lower the price and watch the money come in.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

As said above, can this thread be moved to the NX subforum? The thread doesn't have to be locked, I can change the title to reflect it being a general discussion. The thread's just not in the right category anymore.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

skywake

Blast wrote:

I just want a Nintendo version of the PS4. Nintendo can stay true to themselves but this next console cannot lose 3rd party support and lose key features that PS4 and Xbox One. Has anybody ever played a PS4 or Xbox One then played a Wii U? The Wii U is missing so much stuff that its sad. Still a great console, though.

So "just" a Nintendo version of the PS4... in late 2017... as the PS4/XBOne are entering their 4th year. It's too late to compete with the PS4. It's about time everyone just moved on.

That said I am curious about these so called "key features" the Wii U is lacking. As a PC and Wii U gamer I suppose I could be missing out on that and have no idea what I'm talking about. And when I try to look it up I can't really see much that blows me away. I mean I did a search, landed on this article..... so here are the ten massive great things

• PlayStation Vita Link-Up (GamePad)
  • USB/Cloud Game Saves (yes, very cool. Check. Nintendo needs this)
  • Plenty of Video Apps (zzzzzz)
  • Standby Mode (zzzzzz)
  • App Switching on the Fly (did you know the GamePad is also a TV remote?)
  • The Colour-Coding on the Dual Shock 4 (zzzzzz)
  • Music in the background (and I have a Sonos, it is better)
  • Video Sharing (fair call, but I don't care. I have a PC so I can but I don't)
  • Screenshots (zzzzzz)
  • There's an App (yup, fair call)

Again, maybe I'm out of the loop. Maybe there's some amazing thing that would blow my socks of. But as it is?

Untitled

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

crimsoncavalier

Artwark wrote:

@crimsoncavalier but even then the off tv mode is still an amazing feature. Maybe this alone will make NX both as a console and a handheld as well.

Well, yeah, I like off TV mode (never use it, but it is a cool feature), but that alone doesn't make it a system-seller.

I think Skywake has said enough times why a hybrid is a bad idea, so I won't get into it. I really do agree with everything he has said about it.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

martinskrtel37

Blast wrote:

I'm excited and worried about the NX. If it turns out to be a handheld then I really won't care. I hope its a handheld and console combined. Sell it for a loss to lower the price and watch the money come in.

my mates and I have access to the Xbox One, 360, PS3 and PS4. they are all extremely boring. Smash Bros Melee is still better than anything on them. I can't see what the Wii U is missing tbh. I was going to ask, Netflix and crap like that? But of course Wii U has that non-gaming stuff.. so what is it missing?

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

RabidPikachu

Nintendo needs better graphics, but also something not too pricey, something that will bring hardcore gamers in. Nintendo has too many children's games and not enough games that highschool and college students want. The reason PS4 and XboxOne sell so well is that they get all the blood and gore games that Nintendo never gets. In the 90's Sega almost destroyed Nintendo because the SNES version of Mortal Kombat replaced the blood with sweat. People wanted gore so Sega sold more because you could enter a code to see blood. It's stupid but true. Only a child would cling to Mario versus Master Chief. Not trying to hurt Mario fan's feelings but Mario is going to be the death of Nintendo. People crave violence and open world slashers and Mario is stuck in 1980's wonderland. Don't get me wrong I love most of Nintendo's mascots. Bring out an M rated Metroid and make it like open world like Halo or CoD and alot of hard core gamers who want their blood fix will be happy. I like Mario too... On the VC because that was when Mario was actually cool. Pokemon is great too. Kirby is a nice kids game, but again video games are no longer just childs play. I actually realize Nintendo markets itself as family friendly to reel parents of small children in, but Sony and Microsoft get it: older gamers earning their own wages are the key market. Most older gamers and older children crave M ratings. I only purchused my 3DS to play Resident Evil Revelations at first. Didn't like it much though but most gamers like gore. They think playing gory stuff makes them cool. Nintendo has always kept gore to a minimum even it 3rd party releases which I admire, but its gonna cost them the hard core M rated lover market. I personally hate to bash Nintendo for being family friendly because I am loyal to them for that very reason but they need more trashy people games. To be fair I'm guessing many of you guys also love the fact Mario is always E rated, always goofy and chaming, and are proud to play Mario and Pokemon at the risk of being called childish. I admit it I love Nintendo for the very reason other gamers hate it. Family friendly.

Please don't use that word as an insult here.-MorphMarron

Edited on by Eel

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

martinskrtel37

RabidPikachu wrote:

Nintendo needs better graphics

The Wii U has stunning graphics - why do they 'need' even better?

[but also something not too pricey, something that will bring hardcore gamers in.

but Nintendo gamers ARE hardcore gamers, as evident by their fierce loyalty and Nintendo's giant standing in the gaming world. why do you think they need hardcore Sony/Microsoft gamers to convert?

Nintendo has too many children's games and not enough games that highschool and college students want.

But you're pretending that all students want the same thing. I am a student and all my friends and I want to do is play Smash. nothing on either of the competitions consoles is appealing to us at all. We only use the Xbox 360 to watch Youtube.

The reason PS4 and XboxOne sell so well is that they get all the blood and gore games that Nintendo never gets.

Yes, sex and violence sells. We've known this for a long time.

In the 90's Sega almost destroyed Nintendo because the SNES version of Mortal Kombat replaced the blood with sweat. People wanted gore so Sega sold more because you could enter a code to see blood. It's stupid but true.

Yes, that is stupid. So why are you going along with all these crazy stereotypes?

Sega did not "almost destroy" Nintendo over Mortal Kombat. Huge exaggeration.

Only a child would cling to Mario versus Master Chief.

Absurd.

The rest is such massive waffle that I just can't reply to it. I think people like this guy are the real problem. Living in stereotypes and basing his decisions on what other people think about him and his choices. If you like Nintendo because it's the most fun then be proud of that, don't be scared about it not being "cool" enough - you know what's cooler than FPS after FPS and dank dark visuals? Nintendo games.

I guess what you should ask yourself is - why do I think Nintendo needs to copy the competition when it's already doing fine on it's own path? Nintendo aren't struggling. Nintendo are the opposite of struggling. Sony are actually the company struggling, of all 3. So why exactly do you think they need to copy a company that is failing?

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

martinskrtel37

MasterBlaster wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

But of course Wii U has that non-gaming stuff.. so what is it missing?

games

What a lazy post.... the Wii U is leading all 3 in games....

Octane wrote:

AceDefective

martinskrtel37 wrote:

MasterBlaster wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

games

I'll be middle man.
The Wii U has games, just not some of blockbuster titles the PS4 and Xbone have.
Titles I care about: Persona 5, Bloodbourne, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, Disgaea 5, etc.

But yeah, saying the Wii U lacks titles is dumb, now 3rd part support (outside indies)? I can agree with.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Aozz101x

RabidPikachu wrote:

Nintendo needs better graphics

if you think Nintendo needs "better" graphics then so should Xbox One and PS4 Consider all of them have really beautiful graphics tbh

RabidPikachu wrote:

Nintendo has too many children's games and not enough games that highschool and college students want.

what about:
Devil's Third
Bayonetta 2
Fatal Frame
SMT x FE
Zombie U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Project Treasure
The Wonderful 101
Codename Steam on 3DS
Fire Emblem Awakeing on 3DS
Fire Emblem If
Ironfall Invasion
etc

So in orther words yes Nintendo does work on M Rated games (even if most the game are not M rated) and all the games that i listed are only on wii u and/or 3ds

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

HollywoodHogan

martinskrtel37 wrote:

MasterBlaster wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

games

Is it? How so?

Is Wii U leading in variety of games? Sports games? Racing games? RPGs? FPS? Strategy? Action? Open world? Fighting? Online shooters?

The Wii U has been available longer but it lags behind the others in terms of the type of games you can play.

Edited on by HollywoodHogan

Friend to all SJW's

Blast

I'm sure the next Nintendo console will be a somewhat powerful beast but I don't think Nintendo wants to deal with 3rd parties the way Sony and Microsoft has to deal with them. Microsoft constantly has to throw money at every big shooter like Evolve or Call of Duty to gain "exclusive content while Sony fought to gain Destiny exclusive content. Nintendo just doesn't want to deal with that stuff but it still needs 3rd party support. Its crazy though because 3rd party companies love it when the big Three throws money at them for exclusive content.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TuVictus

The simple sad truth is if Nintendo doesn't want to deal with 3rd parties that way, then they won't get any 3rd parties. Aside from the random exclusive like Devil's Third and Bayonetta.

TuVictus

HollywoodHogan

Operative wrote:

The simple sad truth is if Nintendo doesn't want to deal with 3rd parties that way, then they won't get any 3rd parties. Aside from the random exclusive like Devil's Third and Bayonetta.

Those weren't random. Nintendo went out and paid money to get them.

Friend to all SJW's

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.