Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX

Posts 21 to 40 of 365

WebHead

Hopefully if its a console they hit $300 USD.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

LazerPan

You are comparing apples and oranges... I mean Apple and Nintendo.

Having a computer, tablet, phone and watch is one thing, but to have as many consoles for Nintendo games is another.
We don't really need more then a home console and handeld...

LazerPan

skywake

I'd be pretty surprised if it was a Wii U successor. I know people seem to think that the Wii U is the one that needs "saving" but look at the facts. By the time this thing is likely to come out the 3DS will be 5-6 years old and the Wii U will 3-4 years old. When you look at the software lineup for the rest of this year the Wii U is doing pretty well but the 3DS is pretty average. Also when you look at the hardware itself? The Wii U, despite it's flaws, still allows Nintendo to deliver HD games at decent framerates. On the 3DS we're stuck with effectively 240p on a system that has 128MB of RAM...

Well except the average person doesn't own every single one of those devices. Smartphones made dedicated MP3 players redundant so that kills one of them. Also as much as I hate to say it a lot of laptops are sitting on shelves unloved because tablets do a better job for a lot of the things laptops used to do. As for the smart watch, the market has yet to be proven and even then it's more of an accessory than a standalone device.

If anything the Apple example shows how the more "pillars" you have the more they start to eat into each other's market. Some people will get everything but for most people there's a limit. When there's large amounts of overlap people will just not get the other device.

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

CaviarMeths

LazerPan wrote:

You are comparing apples and oranges... I mean Apple and Nintendo.

Having a computer, tablet, phone and watch is one thing, but to have as many consoles for Nintendo games is another.
We don't really need more then a home console and handeld...

Yeah, that's what everyone said about the iPad too.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason why that watch exists is because Apple started making their phones too comically gargantuan to fit in your pocket.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

WebHead

I'd laugh if this ended up being a smartphone or tablet xD(unlikely though.)

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

LazerPan

CaviarMeths wrote:

LazerPan wrote:

You are comparing apples and oranges... I mean Apple and Nintendo.

Having a computer, tablet, phone and watch is one thing, but to have as many consoles for Nintendo games is another.
We don't really need more then a home console and handeld...

Yeah, that's what everyone said about the iPad too.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason why that watch exists is because Apple started making their phones too comically gargantuan to fit in your pocket.

Nintendo will not become the new Apple just like very few people will buy PS4/XO for the purpose of media center.
What is Nintendo gonna do? Make 5 different systems to play Nintendo games on?

Tablets, PC, smartphones are all apealing because of there are so many ways they can be used. You can stream movies, play free games, more complex games, surf the internet endless opertunities. Nintendo can't compete with that.
They will do what they do best, create quality games. Nobody will buy 4-5 different systems for only Nintendo games...
He*k they can't even realease enough games to their currently two systems.

LazerPan

CaviarMeths

LazerPan wrote:

Nintendo will not become the new Apple just like very few people will buy PS4/XO for the purpose of media center.
What is Nintendo gonna do? Make 5 different systems to play Nintendo games on?

Tablets, PC, smartphones are all apealing because of there are so many ways they can be used. You can stream movies, play free games, more complex games, surf the internet endless opertunities. Nintendo can't compete with that.
They will do what they do best, create quality games. Nobody will buy 4-5 different systems for only Nintendo games...
He*k they can't even realease enough games to their currently two systems.

Nobody is buying a PS4/XBO for a media center because they're big, heavy, expensive, and completely unportable. There's a dozen other options that do that at a lower price and higher convenience, like Apple TV, Google Chromcast, and the upcoming Steam Link. Even a $80 blu ray player comes loaded with Netflix, Hulu, etc.

And we can immediately stop assuming that Nintendo's only avenue of interest is video games. It hasn't been for at least a year now.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jmaster

LazerPan wrote:

Want conclusions based on end product?

No, I would like conclusions based on actual information instead of codenames.
Anyway,
Untitled

Edited on by Jmaster

Jmaster

Blast

Yeah... The lack of 3rd party support was prolly bothering Nintendo a lot inwardly... So this it... Wii U is ending in 2 years. I'm more sad than happy. But hopefully... Things will turn out great.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LazerPan

CaviarMeths wrote:

LazerPan wrote:

Nintendo will not become the new Apple just like very few people will buy PS4/XO for the purpose of media center.
What is Nintendo gonna do? Make 5 different systems to play Nintendo games on?

Tablets, PC, smartphones are all apealing because of there are so many ways they can be used. You can stream movies, play free games, more complex games, surf the internet endless opertunities. Nintendo can't compete with that.
They will do what they do best, create quality games. Nobody will buy 4-5 different systems for only Nintendo games...
He*k they can't even realease enough games to their currently two systems.

Nobody is buying a PS4/XBO for a media center because they're big, heavy, expensive, and completely unportable. There's a dozen other options that do that at a lower price and higher convenience, like Apple TV, Google Chromcast, and the upcoming Steam Link. Even a $80 blu ray player comes loaded with Netflix, Hulu, etc.

And we can immediately stop assuming that Nintendo's only avenue of interest is video games. It hasn't been for at least a year now.

You just proved my point. Nobody will buy a Nintendo tablet for same reason you mentioned above.
So Nintendo hasn't been focusing on games for a year now? Well that explains a lot!

You must know something I don't because all I see is Wii U and new 3DS. Please do tell me what Nintendo has been ocupied with the last year.

LazerPan

Blast

And I do agree with the people saying that announcing this NX thing before XCX, Legend of Zelda, etc releases is just dumb and bad.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

WebHead

Blast wrote:

And I do agree with the people saying that announcing this NX thing before XCX, Legend of Zelda, etc releases is just dumb and bad.

They just said it to cool the fires regarding Nintendo embracing mobile.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

skywake

CaviarMeths wrote:

Yeah, that's what everyone said about the iPad too.

We're getting a bit off topic but I must admit I was one of the people who thought the iPad was stupid when it was announced. My reasoning being that I didn't see why you'd need a device somewhere between a smartphone and a laptop. Also that by the time the iPad was announced we'd been hearing about how "tablets" were going to be the "next big thing" for years. They failed every time. I swear I have magazines from around 2002-ish with clunky Windows tablets.

Also while I was wrong I think I was also right in a way. If you were to ask me in 2010 what combination of devices is best I would've said desktop, laptop and smartphone. Now I'd say it's probably a desktop, tablet and smartphone. So I was right in saying there wasn't really room for four devices, I just didn't figure that it was the laptop that was dead.

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Blast

WebHead wrote:

Blast wrote:

And I do agree with the people saying that announcing this NX thing before XCX, Legend of Zelda, etc releases is just dumb and bad.

They just said it to cool the fires regarding Nintendo embracing mobile.

... which triggered people to be even more reluctant to buy a Wii U and just wait for NX because NX will most likely be a huge cross platform console.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LazerPan

I was hyped for Splatoon, Zelda U, Starfox U and XCX and waiting on realease dates. But instead I get "sorry we are actually allready making a new system"?
Will it be like Wii were they just disconinue the online service? Will we no longer be expecting updates on our Wii U?
Most likley can we just forget about N64 and NGC on VC before NX comes out.

Nintendo will have to do something really impressive if they want me to buy their next system.

LazerPan

skywake

What evidence does anyone have that this is replacing the Wii U and not the 3DS? Make your cases please, I haven't heard any convincing arguments just people crying that the sky is falling.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Blast

They wanna embrace smartphones and that's also really tricky. Animal Crossing and Pokemon will be the first games, I bet.

They announced all this stuff too early. Just bad timing.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

skywake wrote:

What evidence does anyone have that this is replacing the Wii U and not the 3DS? Make your cases please, I haven't heard any convincing arguments just people crying that the sky is falling.

What system has horrible 3rd party support, needs new features, and didn't just get a new version (New 3DS)? C'mon... Wii U is being replaced. Its sad and exciting at the same time. More sad, though.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LazerPan

skywake wrote:

What evidence does anyone have that this is replacing the Wii U and not the 3DS? Make your cases please, I haven't heard any convincing arguments just people crying that the sky is falling.

Maybe because they just made new 3DS and Wii U is a disaster?

LazerPan

WebHead

Blast wrote:

skywake wrote:

What evidence does anyone have that this is replacing the Wii U and not the 3DS? Make your cases please, I haven't heard any convincing arguments just people crying that the sky is falling.

What system has horrible 3rd party support, needs new features, and didn't just get a new version (New 3DS)? C'mon... Wii U is being replaced. Its sad and exciting at the same time. More sad, though.

And they're pretty much going all out this year in terms of games. Then again 3DS is older. We will see.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic