Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX

Posts 181 to 200 of 360

cookiex

skywake wrote:

@Azooooz
I'm sure similar slides where shown when they first announced the 3DS, Wii U, DS, Wii etc. Or when Sony announced the Vita, PS4, PS3. You don't go and outright say that you're going to replace a platform that's still on store shelves. Also I'm sure they've been working on what they'll be doing for a while.... and these two slides are only a year old....

Untitled
Untitled

I find it interesting how that second slide clearly differentiates the next "handheld" and the next "console".

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

renaryuugufan92

DefHalan wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

erv wrote:

I’ve got this nx thing all figured out! Nintendo is going modern now!

For the sake of their image, brand name, fanbase, and lasting appeal, I sure hope so...

Haven't they always been modern?

In a way, no, since they don't have a lot of online games on the Wii U and the ones that do, it doesn't match Xbox Live or Playstation Network standards, barely any voice chat, barely any cross buy with games, account purchases still being tied to hardware, and the Wii U is way underpowered compared to the Xbox One and the PS4.

I wouldn't count those as "modern"

Well they are modern and Nintendo is lacking all of them with their current duo of systems its a fact deal with it.. and everything and more should be addressed with codename NX to make it their first modern console since the GameCube.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

DefHalan

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

erv wrote:

For the sake of their image, brand name, fanbase, and lasting appeal, I sure hope so...

In a way, no, since they don't have a lot of online games on the Wii U and the ones that do, it doesn't match Xbox Live or Playstation Network standards, barely any voice chat, barely any cross buy with games, account purchases still being tied to hardware, and the Wii U is way underpowered compared to the Xbox One and the PS4.

Well they are modern and Nintendo is lacking all of them with their current duo of systems its a fact deal with it.. and everything and more should be addressed with codename NX to make it their first modern console since the GameCube.

They may be new but I don't think those features should control how they make games. I think Nintendo makes games in a very modern way while some other companies don't. I wouldn't consider Call of Duty to be a modern series just because they can check off a lot of boxes of features. I find their design to be old. Nintendo may make a lot of platformers but there is a big difference between Super Mario Bros. (NES), Super Mario 64, New Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario 3D World. So when I think of a modern game I don't think features are what makes a game modern. Adding Online Multiplayer to Perfect Dark wouldn't make it Modern. Also I don't think Nintendo should just do what everyone else does. They make certain types of games and those games are selling. By changing their games and making more games like the competitor I think Nintendo will see lower sales numbers, but that is just my pinion, I guess everyone has their own definition of what "modern" could be and how it should be viewed.

EDIT: Also what features does Nintendo Network lack compared to both Xbox Live and PSN? Party Chat?

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

renaryuugufan92

DefHalan wrote:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

erv wrote:

For the sake of their image, brand name, fan-base, and lasting appeal, I sure hope so...

In a way, no, since they don't have a lot of online games on the Wii U and the ones that do, it doesn't match Xbox Live or PlayStation Network standards, barely any voice chat, barely any cross buy with games, account purchases still being tied to hardware, and the Wii U is way under-powered compared to the Xbox One and the PS4.

They may be new but I don't think those features should control how they make games. I think Nintendo makes games in a very modern way while some other companies don't. I wouldn't consider Call of Duty to be a modern series just because they can check off a lot of boxes of features. I find their design to be old. Nintendo may make a lot of platformers but there is a big difference between Super Mario Bros. (NES), Super Mario 64, New Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario 3D World. So when I think of a modern game I don't think features are what makes a game modern. Adding Online Multiplayer to Perfect Dark wouldn't make it Modern. Also I don't think Nintendo should just do what everyone else does. They make certain types of games and those games are selling. By changing their games and making more games like the competitor I think Nintendo will see lower sales numbers, but that is just my pinion, I guess everyone has their own definition of what "modern" could be and how it should be viewed.

EDIT: Also what features does Nintendo Network lack compared to both Xbox Live and PSN? Party Chat?

Nintendo shouldn't do what others do?

No wonder their image is hurt..... now look I am not trying to hate on this company, I want them to improve, and the first step is to modernize their infrastructure. YES that includes making games that are multiplayer INCLUDE the option to play online and the option to have voice chat in game not in a lobby pre-game. I like the U and I like the 3DS, but when I use other consoles, even my PC I have to say, it feels like I'm playing on a console that should have released in 2004. Modernizing should be one if not their main priority, they can make good games we don't need to worry about that, we need to worry about them actually fixing their problems!

What shouldn't they do
Scammy dlc like capcom duh
Pay to play,oops pokemon on 3ds is already doing that.....

other than those, please for gods sake modernize Nintendo. I astounds me how much the general fan-base is reluctant to accept modern and standard features that have existed in gaming on consoles since 2005.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

crimsoncavalier

DefHalan wrote:

Nintendo themselves don't have to make games the way everyone else makes them. In fact, I truly wish they do not. But the games and the console are different. Nintendo needs a "modern" console.

Whatever hole Nintendo find themselves in today is self-inflicted. Their refusal to embrace DVDs with the GCN and HD with the Wii are directly related to struggling Wii U sales (plus whatever short comings the Wii U inherently has itself).

In order for Nintendo to rebound (and I really feel that this next home console (if there is one) is their last chance to stay relevant in the console business), Nintendo needs a machine that has the hardware to support the types of gaming experiences people can get on the competition.

The Next Console needs a streamlined online system, unified accounts across platforms, better/more robust chat/voice communication, enough graphical power to allow for multiplatform games to be released on it.

Aside from that, Nintendo can continue to bring us the experiences only Nintendo can bring. Look, I don't own either a PS4 or XBO for a reason, and that reason is not because of the Wii U's gamepad. It's because of the software. The Wii wasn't a good console because of the Wii remote or the hardware, it was a good console because of the games. Same with the GCN, and we can go down the line. The GAMES make a console good or bad. And Nintendo still makes the best games in the industry, period.

HOWEVER that doesn't mean that they can't also provide developers a way to have their games on the machine! How much better and well-rounded would the Wii U be if it were more powerful and we could play whatever we can already play on Wii U, plus whatever games come out on PS4/XBO? There's no reason why, if I am a one-console owner, I should have to choose between Shadow of Mordor OR Xenoblade Chronicles X. If the Wii U had both, it would be a no-brainer.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

DefHalan

I am going to try to address some of these one at a time.

Having more games with Online Multiplayer - If they threw Online Multiplayer into most (if not all) their games with some type of Multiplayer then their image would be hurt. Think about it this way. Does your opinion of a single-player game change if there is no multiplayer features? Does your opinion change if there is multiplayer that isn't a good experience? just because they can add the feature to the box doesn't mean it will make the game better or sell more especially with how the Wii U is currently selling. Mario Party with Online Multiplayer would be boring and be rarely played. Mario Party without Online is a game that you play when friends are over and is a completely different experience.

Voice Chat in game - they can do this, so far it looks like they don't for lag reasons. With a game like Smash Bros lag can kill the experience, and it often does already. If you add Voice Chat into the bandwidth then lag becomes an even bigger problem. Mario Kart, probably could use Online Chat in game fairly well. Again it isn't a feature that all online games need, they need to be smart in how they use it.

Abusing DLC - this is one practice that no one should do and no consumer should give money for, but it is a money maker and that is why capcom does it. Have you ever told yourself that you are willing to pay for 1 thing of abusive DLC, like a certain costume for a character, but not the others? doesn't matter to capcom they are making money off of the abusive DLC. Hopefully Nintendo will never do that.

Pay to Play - Well video games are a product and Nintendo needs to charge for them so yes you have to pay to play a game. You reference Pokemon, so do you mean Pokemon Bank (completely optional) or Pokemon Shuffle (which no one on this forum has put any money into)

Reluctant to accept "modern" features - I am not reluctant to accept modern features, I just don't think you need them in all games all the time. Lots of companies shove certain features into their game just to have that check mark on the box, Nintendo shouldn't do this. Nintendo is willing to offer different experiences than the other systems, and they are being rewarded for it (they are making profit) Trying to mimic the other consoles is going to hurt them more than help. there are reasons to own a Wii U along side another system. There are less reasons to own multiple of the other systems. I am fine with Nintendo using these "modern" features when they think is needed, and sometimes they do mess up. (Splatoon should have some type of chat during matches, even if it is just with friends) But I do not want every game to have Online features shoved into it just to appear "modern"

@crimsoncavalier
The Nintendo Network isn't that far off of Xbox Live and PSN. As for hardware, if the Wii U was as powerful as the Xbox One and PS4 you would be looking at a system that cost closer to $450. Would this console still be interesting to people? It plays some of the same games as the Xbox One and PS4 and is $50-$100 more. I don't think people would buy that. Obviously some would, like me and maybe even you, but that is a lot of money to throw down on a system that plays the same games as the cheaper ones (minus the exlusives) So we end up at the same problem of buying the Nintendo hardware to play Nintendo games. I can't predict how the console would sell but I really don't think it would be much different that the Wii U currently, then developers would still be deciding not to make games for it as their games don't sell well on Nintendo Hardware. We can all guess at how things could be different but my bet would be on things not being much different. Nintendo's biggest problem for the Wii U was the last years of the Wii when nothing of interest came out. (except for Xenoblade but not many people cared about that) Nintendo needs to show it can and will support a system throughout its lifespan in order to regain sales. Their next system will be more powerful and their Online Structures will continue to grow but I don't think copying others is how you become a successful business.

Edited on by DefHalan

renaryuugufan92

DefHalan wrote:

Having more games with Online Multiplayer - If they threw Online Multiplayer into most (if not all) their games with some type of Multiplayer then their image would be hurt. Think about it this way. Does your opinion of a single-player game change if there is no multiplayer features? Does your opinion change if there is multiplayer that isn't a good experience? just because they can add the feature to the box doesn't mean it will make the game better or sell more especially with how the Wii U is currently selling. Mario Party with Online Multiplayer would be boring and be rarely played. Mario Party without Online is a game that you play when friends are over and is a completely different experience.

Voice Chat in game - they can do this, so far it looks like they don't for lag reasons. With a game like Smash Bros lag can kill the experience, and it often does already. If you add Voice Chat into the bandwidth then lag becomes an even bigger problem. Mario Kart, probably could use Online Chat in game fairly well. Again it isn't a feature that all online games need, they need to be smart in how they use it.

Abusing DLC - this is one practice that no one should do and no consumer should give money for, but it is a money maker and that is why capcom does it. Have you ever told yourself that you are willing to pay for 1 thing of abusive DLC, like a certain costume for a character, but not the others? doesn't matter to capcom they are making money off of the abusive DLC. Hopefully Nintendo will never do that.

Pay to Play - Well video games are a product and Nintendo needs to charge for them so yes you have to pay to play a game. You reference Pokemon, so do you mean Pokemon Bank (completely optional) or Pokemon Shuffle (which no one on this forum has put any money into)

Reluctant to accept "modern" features - I am not reluctant to accept modern features, I just don't think you need them in all games all the time. Lots of companies shove certain features into their game just to have that check mark on the box, Nintendo shouldn't do this. Nintendo is willing to offer different experiences than the other systems, and they are being rewarded for it (they are making profit) Trying to mimic the other consoles is going to hurt them more than help. there are reasons to own a Wii U along side another system. There are less reasons to own multiple of the other systems. I am fine with Nintendo using these "modern" features when they think is needed, and sometimes they do mess up. (Splatoon should have some type of chat during matches, even if it is just with friends) But I do not want every game to have Online features shoved into it just to appear "modern"

That lag that you experience is because wether you play via the ethernet adaptor or wifi the Wii U wifi chip (also doesn't help that the cpu is underclocked to 1.24GHz either..) never accepts signals higher than 2mbps. Yes I have tested this on several consoles on a 50mbps connection. when my xbox and pc take as much as they please without restriction.

modernization also goes towards hardware too

I'm just saying if they don't modernize in key areas where gamers across the board not just nintendo gamers want. Unless. you. want a repeat of this generation? idk i sure don't.

DefHalan

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

That lag that you experience is because wether you play via the ethernet adaptor or wifi the Wii U wifi chip (also doesn't help that the cpu is underclocked to 1.24GHz either..) never accepts signals higher than 2mbps. Yes I have tested this on several consoles on a 50mbps connection. when my xbox and pc take as much as they please without restriction.

modernization also goes towards hardware too

I'm just saying if they don't modernize in key areas where gamers across the board not just nintendo gamers want. Unless. you. want a repeat of this generation? idk i sure don't.

The hardware repeated what happened last generation. The problem? Nintendo didn't prove the investment was worth it for the consumer. When did this happen? When Nintendo didn't release many games in the last two years of the Wii's life. The first year of the Wii U's life didn't help but PS4/XB1 didn't have amazing first years either software wise, but Sony and Microsoft proved their systems were worth it by how they treated the PS3/XB360. Time and time again it is proven that great hardware doesn't sell systems, this is why I think throwing more hardware and copying what the other two companies are doing isn't the answer.

crimsoncavalier

I think you misunderstood me, so...

DefHalan wrote:

Never said every game should have multiplayer. In fact, I prefer a good single-player experience over a multiplayer one. I don't really like playing online that much. One of the reasons why I will never get Elder Scrolls Online (besides that the game sucks) is that it's online. And I love Elder Scrolls.

What I said is that the console needs a more streamlined online system. If a game is to have online/multiplayer capabilities, it needs to be done in a better way than it is done now. Nintendo Network should work across games. I should be able to join a game straight from my home screen, if a friend is playing MK8. We should be able to party-up and play together. That's more of what I meant, not that every single game ever should have some sort of multiplayer mode. I don't think nor want that.

Sorry, but Sony and MS already have working voice chat on their games, and it doesn't affect the gameplay. I could do it on my 360, so ... there is NO reason to not have at least the option of voice chat on games on the Wii U. It's absolutely inexcusable. And as far as Smash online, that's an embarrassment. It happened with Brawl and now it's happening again, and that's one thing that Nintendo need to fix.

At this point I'm not even sure if you're replying to me, because I never mentioned DLC. I'm actually against DLC, as a general rule (with exceptions), so ... it's actually one of many reasons why I stopped playing Call of Duty. It's also an excuse for companies (cough cough UBISOFT cough ...) to release incomplete games and patch them with "DLC". I will never and have never purchased DLC for just costumes or armor or a new weapon.

Reluctant to accept "modern" features - I am not reluctant to accept modern features, I just don't think you need them in all games all the time. Lots of companies shove certain features into their game just to have that check mark on the box, Nintendo shouldn't do this. Nintendo is willing to offer different experiences than the other systems, and they are being rewarded for it (they are making profit)

They are actually suffering for it, for, while they do make a profit, they are lagging behind in sales and are in danger of becoming an irrelevant factor in the industry.

Trying to mimic the other consoles is going to hurt them more than help. there are reasons to own a Wii U along side another system. There are less reasons to own multiple of the other systems. I am fine with Nintendo using these "modern" features when they think is needed, and sometimes they do mess up. (Splatoon should have some type of chat during matches, even if it is just with friends) But I do not want every game to have Online features shoved into it just to appear "modern"

There should NOT be a reason to own a Wii U alongside another system. There should be enough reason to only own a Wii U and not have to miss out on other multiplatform titles. Again, wouldn't it be awesome to be able to play all the normal games everyone else can play AND Splatoon, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, etc.? Why are we being limited to only either/or if we don't want to purchase multiple consoles? I want the Nintendo Console to be my only console. I don't want to have to own two consoles to get a full gaming experience.

A console comparable to the PS4/XBO would have more sales. I'm willing to stake a lot on that claim. A lot more sales. I'm not saying "copy the competition", because right now, the XBO/PS4 aren't even considering the Wii U competition. It's a massacre, sales wise. Nintendo needs to be competitive for them to even be considered competition again. And right now, they are not.

Edited on by crimsoncavalier

crimsoncavalier

LzWinky

Pay to play? A bit ironic since most video games are pay to play

Also, is "modern" the new buzz word for things that some fans want but not everyone cares about?

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

renaryuugufan92

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I think you misunderstood me, so...

DefHalan wrote:

Never said every game should have multiplayer. In fact, I prefer a good single-player experience over a multiplayer one. I don't really like playing online that much. One of the reasons why I will never get Elder Scrolls Online (besides that the game sucks) is that it's online. And I love Elder Scrolls.

What I said is that the console needs a more streamlined online system. If a game is to have online/multiplayer capabilities, it needs to be done in a better way than it is done now. Nintendo Network should work across games. I should be able to join a game straight from my home screen, if a friend is playing MK8. We should be able to party-up and play together. That's more of what I meant, not that every single game ever should have some sort of multiplayer mode. I don't think nor want that.

Sorry, but Sony and MS already have working voice chat on their games, and it doesn't affect the gameplay. I could do it on my 360, so ... there is NO reason to not have at least the option of voice chat on games on the Wii U. It's absolutely inexcusable. And as far as Smash online, that's an embarrassment. It happened with Brawl and now it's happening again, and that's one thing that Nintendo need to fix.

At this point I'm not even sure if you're replying to me, because I never mentioned DLC. I'm actually against DLC, as a general rule (with exceptions), so ... it's actually one of many reasons why I stopped playing Call of Duty. It's also an excuse for companies (cough cough UBISOFT cough ...) to release incomplete games and patch them with "DLC". I will never and have never purchased DLC for just costumes or armor or a new weapon.

Reluctant to accept "modern" features - I am not reluctant to accept modern features, I just don't think you need them in all games all the time. Lots of companies shove certain features into their game just to have that check mark on the box, Nintendo shouldn't do this. Nintendo is willing to offer different experiences than the other systems, and they are being rewarded for it (they are making profit)

They are actually suffering for it, for, while they do make a profit, they are lagging behind in sales and are in danger of becoming an irrelevant factor in the industry.

Trying to mimic the other consoles is going to hurt them more than help. there are reasons to own a Wii U along side another system. There are less reasons to own multiple of the other systems. I am fine with Nintendo using these "modern" features when they think is needed, and sometimes they do mess up. (Splatoon should have some type of chat during matches, even if it is just with friends) But I do not want every game to have Online features shoved into it just to appear "modern"

There should NOT be a reason to own a Wii U alongside another system. There should be enough reason to only own a Wii U and not have to miss out on other multiplatform titles. Again, wouldn't it be awesome to be able to play all the normal games everyone else can play AND Splatoon, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, etc.? Why are we being limited to only either/or if we don't want to purchase multiple consoles? I want the Nintendo Console to be my only console. I don't want to have to own two consoles to get a full gaming experience.

A console comparable to the PS4/XBO would have more sales. I'm willing to stake a lot on that claim. A lot more sales. I'm not saying "copy the competition", because right now, the XBO/PS4 aren't even considering the Wii U competition. It's a massacre, sales wise. Nintendo needs to be competitive for them to even be considered competition again. And right now, they are not.

Well put!

renaryuugufan92

TingLz wrote:

Pay to play? A bit ironic since most video games are pay to play

Also, is "modern" the new buzz word for things that some fans want but not everyone cares about?

Yes i know we pay to play i.e pick up from retail or digital Facedesk i haven't had any sleep atm in 30+ hrs, i was referring to micro-transactions.... something they shouldn't do too late though to say that.

DefHalan

crimsoncavalier wrote:

The rest of that was directed at someone else so I deleted it. You are looking at buying at least 7 or 8 devices if you want the "full" gaming experience. Every system has its exclusives. I would like 3rd Parties to support the Wii U but hardware and Nintendo Network aren't what are stopping them. Money is. 3rd parties continued to support the Wii with its hardware limitations and its horrible online features. More powerful hardware means more expensive console, bigger online features mean charging for Online. The price tag would continue to raise. Nintendo doesn't want to sell its hardware for as big of a loss as Microsoft and Sony are which means the Nintendo system will cost more than the others. This makes it a harder sell to consumers and we will see a repeat of the Wii U, bunch of 3rd Parties promise support than pull away because of sale numbers. Offering a different system with different experiences is the better business plan in my opinion. This is all speculation anyways so anything anyone says doesn't really matter until we see it.

LzWinky

Why are microtransactions bad? You're playing a game for free and then pay if you like it. This is somehow worse than buying a $40 game before you play it?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

Yellowtails wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Yeeeeaahhh, if the majority didn't care about those modern features, the Wii U wouldn't be criticized for lacking these basic things that the Xbox One and PS4 have.

I don't see the majority criticizing, it is a vocal minority.

DefHalan

Yellowtails wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Yeeeeaahhh, if the majority didn't care about those modern features, the Wii U wouldn't be criticized for lacking these basic things that the Xbox One and PS4 have.

I don't see the majority criticizing, it is a vocal minority.

It still doesn't help Nintendo, since they already lost, and still are losing, people with the Wii U to the Xbox One and the PS4.

Nintendo is making profit and people are still buying the Wii U, just not as fast as the other systems. Features aren't the reason behind that. The reason is that Nintendo showed consumers that they couldn't support a game system for every long. The Wii's last two years were pretty dead. Nintendo needs to show that they can and will support a system throughout its lifespan and they are doing a good job with the Wii U so far, the real test will happen after they officially announce their next system, will they continue to support the Wii U until the new system is released?

crimsoncavalier

DefHalan wrote:

The rest of that was directed at someone else so I deleted it. You are looking at buying at least 7 or 8 devices if you want the "full" gaming experience. Every system has its exclusives. I would like 3rd Parties to support the Wii U but hardware and Nintendo Network aren't what are stopping them. Money is. 3rd parties continued to support the Wii with its hardware limitations and its horrible online features. More powerful hardware means more expensive console, bigger online features mean charging for Online. The price tag would continue to raise. Nintendo doesn't want to sell its hardware for as big of a loss as Microsoft and Sony are which means the Nintendo system will cost more than the others. This makes it a harder sell to consumers and we will see a repeat of the Wii U, bunch of 3rd Parties promise support than pull away because of sale numbers. Offering a different system with different experiences is the better business plan in my opinion. This is all speculation anyways so anything anyone says doesn't really matter until we see it.

What support? You mean the half-baked "ports" we got? The ones that were missing maps, quests, items, gameplay modes, online, voice chat, and other aspects that the PS360 got?

So:

Nintendo makes vastly underpowered console --> 3rd parties can't/won't port their games or do, but severely limited --> games don't sell well bc Wii owners don't want half-arsed games --> 3rd parties "there is no market for our games on Wii" --> Nintendo loses 3rd party support

In my opinion, it's exactly about graphics and hardware. Nintendo has made one crucial mistake each time they've released a console since the N64, and each time it has cost them in the long run.

crimsoncavalier

LzWinky

Gamecube had better graphics than PS2, so where is the mistake there?

DefHalan

crimsoncavalier wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

What support? You mean the half-baked "ports" we got? The ones that were missing maps, quests, items, gameplay modes, online, voice chat, and other aspects that the PS360 got?

So:

Nintendo makes vastly underpowered console --> 3rd parties can't/won't port their games or do, but severely limited --> games don't sell well bc Wii owners don't want half-arsed games --> 3rd parties "there is no market for our games on Wii" --> Nintendo loses 3rd party support

In my opinion, it's exactly about graphics and hardware. Nintendo has made one crucial mistake each time they've released a console since the N64, and each time it has cost them in the long run.

There were plenty of ports that were the full experience, and they still didn't sell well. One of those crucial mistakes was one of the best selling consoles of all time. All Nintendo hardware has always had its own quarks and hasn't been the most powerful hardware on the market.

Grumblevolcano

TingLz wrote:

Gamecube had better graphics than PS2, so where is the mistake there?

I think very poor launch lineups for all Nintendo home consoles after SNES excluding Wii is a big factor.

• N64: SM64 is a fanastic game but having a console launch with 2 games is very poor.
  • GC: Luigi's Mansion was the main 1st party launch title and although is a great game, not really suitable as the main launch title.
  • Wii U: NSMBU is just another NSMB 2D rehash and Nintendo Land isn't a great launch title.

Wii had a much better launch with new games such as Twilight Princess as well as a great start to VC including games such as SM64, LoZ, DK and F-Zero. (As well as the casuals getting enticed by Wii Sports)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.