News Forum

Topic: Miyamoto Admits Some People Hate The Legend Of Zelda Toon Link Design

Showing 21 to 40 of 133

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

21. Posted:

I love Link's pink hair in a Link to the Past. It makes him look manly. So there.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

22. Posted:

billy-beauts wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Well I love Toon Link and hate Link's Ocarina of Time design. So there!

You my friend are deeply flawed as a human being. I feel sorry for you.

psst, he likes TP too, stay away!

Edit: Nm, it seems you do too so... Bleh

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

23. Posted:

I prefer Link's design the most in Skyward sword.
This is how I always imagined a 3D Zelda to look like. Screw Twilight Princess's Murky, brown and green dreary environments,
this is the kind of stuff I wan't to see! B-) Although as you can see, this is an early screen shot so the environments are probably less bocky and more detailed by now.

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

24. Posted:

wind waker had a certain charm to it and some of its music was cool to listen too it certainly felt like a zelda game to me i hope to find a copy locally around here or if nintendo releases a port on the 3DS or something, i dont think i ever did finish it or something cant remeber

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

warioswoods

25. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Well I love Toon Link and hate Link's Ocarina of Time design. So there!

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JayArr

26. Posted:

I never had even a single negative thought about any version of Link.......until I saw him in those ugy puffy pants for Skyward Sword. They still make me cringe.

Why you put my link in ridiculous pants? Why!?

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Epic

27. Posted:

You guys are just mad cuz he started to pawn everyone in brawl.

PSN: Epic-ZX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

28. Posted:

Wind Waker was the game that taught me to not judge a game by it's cover. Such ugly designs, yet so fun.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pikku

29. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

I never had even a single negative thought about any version of Link.......until I saw him in those ugy puffy pants for Skyward Sword. They still make me cringe.

Why you put my link in ridiculous pants? Why!?

Maybe so people wo't think he's either not wearing pants or he's wearing tights.
I dunno D:

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

30. Posted:

Actually, I thought those pants suited him quite well.


Epic wrote:

You guys are just mad cuz he started to pawn everyone in brawl.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

31. Posted:

Wind Waker > Ocarina > Twilight Princess, though I don't know if the character design has anything to do with it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

32. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Wind Waker was the game that taught me to not judge a game by it's cover. Such ugly designs, yet so fun.

Really? I felt the complete opposite. So beautiful, yet so boring. I enjoyed bits here and there, but for the most part this was hands down thee' worst zelda i've ever experienced. Phantom Hour Glass was much more enjoyable.

Mind you, i've barely played Twilight princess, but the dreary dull brown and green color scheme throws me off.
Yet part of me wants to go back and experience WW all over again and give it another chance....I remember loathing the sailing, it was implemented better in PHG.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

33. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Wind Waker was the game that taught me to not judge a game by it's cover. Such ugly designs, yet so fun.

Really? I felt the complete opposite. So beautiful, yet so boring. I enjoyed bits here and there, but for the most part this was hands down thee' worst zelda i've ever experienced. Phantom Hour Glass was much more enjoyable.

Mind = Blown

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

34. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Wind Waker was the game that taught me to not judge a game by it's cover. Such ugly designs, yet so fun.

Really? I felt the complete opposite. So beautiful, yet so boring. I enjoyed bits here and there, but for the most part this was hands down thee' worst zelda i've ever experienced. Phantom Hour Glass was much more enjoyable.

Mind = Blown

Isn't this coming from the guy who hates Super Mario Bros 3?
Really though, PHG's touch screen Dungeon controls were brilliant, and the sailing in PHG was much more tolerable, and there was Lineback, ya....Freakin' Lineback, which seals the deal right there. ;) PHG's Boss battles also kicked major goomba . Like i've mentioned before i just didn't like it graphically speaking. Imagine how much better the game would of looked if Nintendo stuck with sprites....Even suprassing Minish Cap. As it was, the dungeon's looked very bland artisticly ect ect.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

35. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Wind Waker was the game that taught me to not judge a game by it's cover. Such ugly designs, yet so fun.

Really? I felt the complete opposite. So beautiful, yet so boring. I enjoyed bits here and there, but for the most part this was hands down thee' worst zelda i've ever experienced. Phantom Hour Glass was much more enjoyable.

Mind = Blown

Isn't this coming from the guy who hates Super Mario Bros 3?

WTF you talking about?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

36. Posted:

Ahhh nevermind, confused you with somebody else. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

37. Posted:

I always liked the Toon Link/cel shaded style. Very good looking and a fantastic art direction.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

38. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Well I love Toon Link and hate Link's Ocarina of Time design. So there!

You and me, warioswoods? We're going to be alright.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sakeraf

39. Posted:

i like all variations of link (even CDi)... TP is my personal favorate though.
why should we HATE toon link just because he looks different? thats like saying you hate Paper Mario because he looks to thin!

I am the REAL fierce deity!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

40. Posted:

Toon Link in WindWaker, look great.
it fit the game real well.
But, The toony look doesn't look so great on Adult Link.
I like the darker design they did in Twilight Princess.

But, SkywardSword looks like they put Twilight Princess and WindWaker together, in one game.
So, before we judge this game on how it looks, after all is still a Zelda game.
Untitled
like it or not, you guys are still gonna buy it anyway :3

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad