News Forum

Topic: Miyamoto Admits Some People Hate The Legend Of Zelda Toon Link Design

Showing 101 to 120 of 133

AuthorMessage

Kitty_hime1

101. Posted:

I like all the graphics but my favorite is the games with toon link graphics and charater design why because it's soooo cute (coming from a girl lol) plus they can put humor in the game cause last time i checked humor would not work in a game like tp. I also like the sws graphics it's soooooo pretty lol

Nyan~♪
3ds games i own:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Cooking Mama 4 Kitchen Magic
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Kingdom Hearts: DDD
DS games I own:
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Black
Pokemon Black 2
SMT: Devil Survivor 2
SolatoRobo Red the Hunter
WarioWare D.I.Y.

AuthorMessage

HanuKwanzMasBif

102. Posted:

His design I'm kinda neutral about, but the style of Wind Waker is just beautiful.

The Mii for 1000 3DSs Project! Make a Mii Viral!
My Games
TMBG fan

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

103. Posted:

The Toon Link style has grown on me. I used to ask why they didn't just focus on making Link more realistic. The toon style does have a pretty good charm to it though. Even so, I prefer the Link from TP. I think the cartoon Link is good for DS like games though. I just feel the toonness takes a little bit of the epicness away.
The Ganondorf fights in WW and TP for expample. Both are epic in my opinion, but having to hit Ganondorf in the butt is kind of goofy. And what happens to Ganon at the end of TP (trying to keep some spoilers out of this), is a little cooler in my opinion as well.
I like the darker, more realistic, Zelda...not saying Toon Link is bad though!

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

iHailPhilly

104. Posted:

I personally enjoyed Toon Link, The Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game too.

iHailPhilly

AuthorMessage

simonbelmont82

105. Posted:

i didn't like windwaker cartoon link but love skyward sword, twilight princess, ocarina of time, link to the past, links awakening dx the adventures of link zelda2 and the original

erik tree beard

AuthorMessage

Emaan

106. Posted:

I love Wind Waker, its a masterpiece. The cartoon version of Link is so much more expressive with his emotions, I used to love rotating the camera and seeing his expressions on his face. The whole art design was amazing to me. Its the little things from the humor to the view from a child's perspective that made the game so unique.

Edit : And you can actually relate to cartoon Link, the realistic one is so boring and has little to no personality.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

107. Posted:

It's funny that people hate a cartoony Link yet don't complain about the cartoony-ness of the original Zelda games. Even Link to the Past had comedic moments (Ie enemies falling into bottomless pits).

Anyway, as a fan of animation (cartoons, etc) I like 'Toon Link' and the first game he starred in. WW, while cartoony, had a very dark plot and Link actually had a resemblance of a personality. Other Links never expresses the same type of emotions Toon Link has, and Ganon wasn't a typical bad guy. Yes, you can't judge anything by its cover.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

108. Posted:

Untitled

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

109. Posted:

Its not that i dont like him i dont like him with bad graphics.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

110. Posted:

Toon Link is my favourite iteration of Link as he's so much more expressive than the other versions of Link. I also love the cel shaded graphics in Windwaker.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

111. Posted:

i think its alright but i like ocarina of time/majoras mask link the most
@Magic-Wind what is that from

Edited on by Undead_terror

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

112. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

It's funny that people hate a cartoony Link yet don't complain about the cartoony-ness of the original Zelda games. Even Link to the Past had comedic moments (Ie enemies falling into bottomless pits).

Anyway, as a fan of animation (cartoons, etc) I like 'Toon Link' and the first game he starred in. WW, while cartoony, had a very dark plot and Link actually had a resemblance of a personality. Other Links never expresses the same type of emotions Toon Link has, and Ganon wasn't a typical bad guy. Yes, you can't judge anything by its cover.

That's a good way to put it. I personally like all the versions of link, especially TP and WW, but I have to say I find the cartoon-y Link to be a lot more amusing to play as.

...formerly - Chriiis

Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

113. Posted:

Eh, he's not my favorite Link.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Neoproteus

114. Posted:

I used to hate Toon Link until I saw Wind Waker in HD on an emulator. Now I just think the style was ahead of it's time. On the Wii U it would be BEAUTIFUL! Still prefer the more realistic one though like in Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.

I always thought Skyward Sword was a Metroid game, with a Mario artstyle, and a Zelda theme. Either that, or they put Twilight Princess and Wind Waker into a blender and rendered their broken bloody organs onscreen with increased blur to hide the disgusting. It's one way or the other Nintendo, they're both good art styles but they don't get along.

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

115. Posted:

Wind Waker is the game I've been playing a lot recently. :D

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Nintenyearold

116. Posted:

Even though people criticize how cutesy WW was, it doesn't change that it was a God tier Legend of Zelda game. It was a cool change of pace for me personally - I really like the more "cartoony" interpretation of Link and Legend of Zelda.

My Site : Nintenyearold.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code : 0946-2267-9354
Wii U : Soon

Twitter: Nintenyearold

AuthorMessage

Musterd

117. Posted:

WW was my first Zelda, at first I thought it was weird when i saw his OoT design. I think I like the WW version more BECAUSE it's cartoony. But for Brawl they should have kept him cel-shaded.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage

Coolysouthkid

118. Posted:

He's my fav :) So cute :)

Coolysouthkid

Twitter: tokyokid46

AuthorMessage

Nesgod8bit

119. Posted:

Wesker wrote:

He is speaking to me too. I absolutely detest Toon Link and everything thing he stands for! I wish he would just die already and I hope never to see him in a game again. I mean - why Nintendo to you have to go ahead and spoil eveything: Zelda, Link, Hyrule everything, with this gross and ugly representation?!

I'm really not that good at this game, just better than you.

AuthorMessage

Nesgod8bit

120. Posted:

You miss what nintendo is all about, a differnt type of link is a good thing. The Skyward sword Link is a differnt Type of Link that does'nt make it the wrong one, so the anime "cartoon" link does'nt make it the wrong one either. It all boils down to what you like, I myself LOVE all differnt Links.

I'm really not that good at this game, just better than you.