Forums

Topic: Miyamoto Admits Some People Hate The Legend Of Zelda Toon Link Design

Posts 101 to 120 of 126

FonistofCruxis

Toon Link is my favourite iteration of Link as he's so much more expressive than the other versions of Link. I also love the cel shaded graphics in Windwaker.

Lalivero

Donjwolf wrote:

It's funny that people hate a cartoony Link yet don't complain about the cartoony-ness of the original Zelda games. Even Link to the Past had comedic moments (Ie enemies falling into bottomless pits).

Anyway, as a fan of animation (cartoons, etc) I like 'Toon Link' and the first game he starred in. WW, while cartoony, had a very dark plot and Link actually had a resemblance of a personality. Other Links never expresses the same type of emotions Toon Link has, and Ganon wasn't a typical bad guy. Yes, you can't judge anything by its cover.

That's a good way to put it. I personally like all the versions of link, especially TP and WW, but I have to say I find the cartoon-y Link to be a lot more amusing to play as.

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

SkywardLink98

Eh, he's not my favorite Link.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Neoproteus

I used to hate Toon Link until I saw Wind Waker in HD on an emulator. Now I just think the style was ahead of it's time. On the Wii U it would be BEAUTIFUL! Still prefer the more realistic one though like in Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.

I always thought Skyward Sword was a Metroid game, with a Mario artstyle, and a Zelda theme. Either that, or they put Twilight Princess and Wind Waker into a blender and rendered their broken bloody organs onscreen with increased blur to hide the disgusting. It's one way or the other Nintendo, they're both good art styles but they don't get along.

Neoproteus

KingDunsparce

Wind Waker is the game I've been playing a lot recently.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Nintenyearold

Even though people criticize how cutesy WW was, it doesn't change that it was a God tier Legend of Zelda game. It was a cool change of pace for me personally - I really like the more "cartoony" interpretation of Link and Legend of Zelda.

My Site : Nintenyearold.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code : 0946-2267-9354
Wii U : Soon

Twitter:

Ketchupcat

WW was my first Zelda, at first I thought it was weird when i saw his OoT design. I think I like the WW version more BECAUSE it's cartoony. But for Brawl they should have kept him cel-shaded.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Nesgod8bit

Wesker wrote:

He is speaking to me too. I absolutely detest Toon Link and everything thing he stands for! I wish he would just die already and I hope never to see him in a game again. I mean - why Nintendo to you have to go ahead and spoil eveything: Zelda, Link, Hyrule everything, with this gross and ugly representation?!

I'm really not that good at this game, just better than you.

Nesgod8bit

You miss what nintendo is all about, a differnt type of link is a good thing. The Skyward sword Link is a differnt Type of Link that does'nt make it the wrong one, so the anime "cartoon" link does'nt make it the wrong one either. It all boils down to what you like, I myself LOVE all differnt Links.

I'm really not that good at this game, just better than you.

gavn64

i guess some people cant stand nintendos best graphics design job ever..........LAME.

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

zoroarkrules25

I think toon link is really cool and well designed. The legend of zelda spirit tracks is my second favorite zelda game with the first being skyward sword. I think the toon games are really creative and have a great plot to them as well.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

gamerdad23

Miyamoto is a creator not a suit, he just needs to continue to create amazing games.

Check out my articles on Digibytes.me

3DS Friend Code: 0688-6648-9751 | Twitter:

theStyleWithin

I hate it too!

First earth destroy the other planets later!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Age of Empires 2 Conquerors Exansion
Fire Emblem Awakening
Theatrerythm Final Fantasy
Darksiders 2
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2891-3100 | Nintendo Network ID: theStyleWithin

TheAdrock

If its a Zelda game, its still a WIN no matter how Link looks. If your panties are in a wad about it then you must be living a pretty gifted life.

"I'm a Zelda purist and anything other than 8-bit Link is blasphemy..." Oh get over yourselves.
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4510983708412185&pid=1.7

Edited on by TheAdrock

Zelda is the best game series in history.

LzWinky

Some people hate something. Tell me something I don't know

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Kryce

theadrock13 wrote:

If its a Zelda game, its still a WIN no matter how Link looks.

My thoughts exactly .

3DS code : 0275-8197-3634
Nintendo ID : kryce313
Currently Playing :
DRAGON QUEST 9 (3DS)
TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS FE (Wii U)
THE ELDER SCROLLS SKYRIM (SWITCH)

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8197-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: kryce313

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.